Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lasombra Files Episode 20: Draw!

This is a discussion on Lasombra Files Episode 20: Draw! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What is with this stupid hourglass? It keeps on filling up as I’m, I’m, I’m, what am I doing? So ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Lasombra Files Episode 20: Draw!

What is with this stupid hourglass? It keeps on filling up as I’m, I’m, I’m, what am I doing? So where am I now? Sand, tanks, and lots of pew pew sounds. I’m either in a Pauly Shore movie or Dune, I don’t know which one is worse. Will someone please tell me what is going on!!! No, n-no, no, please stop filling up with more sand. Okay, okay, I like it, please don’t change the location again, I like the...face palm...I really like being back in high school, although Ben Stein wasn’t one of my teachers. Find out if I make the grade in Episode 20: Draw! Hey dude, what tubular hits are you listening to on your walkman? New Kids on the Block? Bangs head on desk repeatedly Just fill up more.

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewee with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

Name:
    kidson2004
    Occupation: Student. Want to either work as a gym teacher, or open my own gym, or both!

Lasombra: When did you start gaming?

Kidson: Oh, around 5 or 6 years old. My very 1st system was the Atari.

Lasombra: How did you choose your PSN name?

Kidson: Well, my cousin and I made up names for each other. I was kidson, he was sonkid (go figure). Him and I were VERY close (I considered him my older brother), so when he passed away in 2001, I wanted to hold onto that name in memory of him. So, the Legend of kidson2004 was born (I graduated H.S in 2004 BTW, so hence the 2004.).

Lasombra: Are you a trophy hunter, platinum hunter, or a specific hunter? (Example: All GoW game hunter)

Kidson: I consider myself a Trophy/Platinum hunter. I decided to start hunting once I started to play the God of War Collection.

Lasombra: How many hours do you dedicate to trophy hunting?

Kidson: 5-6 hours during the weekday, 7-10 hours on the weekend.

Lasombra: What motivates you to go for that next trophy?

Kidson: I like to hunt. So, it's not an issue for me to get that next trophy, and so on. Sometimes, I look at a friend's trophy list, and it motivates me to grind harder. Once I get a good percentage, I take a break (normally a day), then get back to "The Hunt.”

Lasombra: How do you stay motivated after a long gaming session, particularly with grinding trophies?

Kidson: By taking as many breaks as possible. So, I've learned to take it easy, the platinum will come to daddy.

Lasombra: Have you ever gone through any burnout from your sessions?

Kidson: I burned myself out a few times along my hunting journey; and by doing so, I realize that (as stated above) if I take breaks during the hunt, then I figure out what I was doing wrong, make the correction to my playing style, and go after it!!

Lasombra: What is your proudest platinum? Why? Was it your hardest?

Kidson: (Is it possible to have more than 1?) I would have to say either W@W, Star Wars: the Force Unleashed, or Bayonetta. I had a blast earning all 3 of those plats, and I thoroughly enjoyed the games. For W@W: The inFamous grenade spamming, Star Wars: Beating it on Sith Master with NO CHEATS!!!, and with Bayonetta: My old PS3 caught instant AIDS (YLOD), so once I got my hands on another one, I had to start it all over again. It took 7 playthroughs to platinum it. Best believe I was pissed.

Lasombra: Do you have a trophy goal for the year? If so, how far are you along in it?

Kidson: My goal is to get to 3,000 trophies. So far, I'm at 2,434. With the backlog I have, I'll hit 3,000 by the fall! LOL!

Lasombra: Do you believe gamers should be allowed to make trophy hunting teams? Why or why not?

Kidson: I believe if they want to, then more power to them. But, don't make fun of others who don't have a plat, or don't have as many trophies as your group, or anything else I'm missing.

Lasombra: Do you think Sony should create a world database with every user’s PSN trophy info? Why or why not?

Kidson: I think it would be a good idea. I don't see an issue with that. (Sorry that I don't have much more to say on it).

Lasombra: Regardless of the system, what pre-trophy game would you auto-buy if it was released on the PS3 with trophy support?

Kidson: I have to go with Devil May Cry 4. A fantastic game that one is. I would DESTROY that game en route to the platinum.

Lasombra: As a student wanting to be a gym teacher or owner, do you have a goal to play any of the fitness games on the PS3 like UFC Personal Trainer, for example? If they were any good would you try getting people to play them, if their goal was physical fitness?

Kidson: I have no goal to play any fitness games on the PS3. You have the outside world to work out in. Not only that, IMHO, you get a better workout by being more active, being in the gym more, etc. Now, I'm not knocking those who do work out on a video game system, as people's schedules varies in the day.

Lasombra: How do you balance leading an active lifestyle with trophy hunting as they want your body to do the complete opposite of each other?

Kidson: Well, I know myself, so I do my workouts early in the morning (along with handling any business along the way). So, once I pick up my wife and my mother from work, I play the rest of the day away.

Lasombra: Looking over your profile you have played pretty much any kind of game that is an FPS. How did the FPS genre get all the Valentines love from you?

Kidson: LOL! The only legitimate reason why is because there's not enough good TPS (Third Person Shooters) that hold my attention (outside of SOCOM 4 which I need to get back to soon).

Lasombra: Since that is your specialty what kind of advice would you give someone who is new to the genre, or someone who can't seem to get good at it, to get better?

Kidson: Understand the controls, get a feel for different types of weapons, attachments, etc, and most importantly: Enjoy it. Once you get a good feel for it, the kills will come!!

Lasombra: Have you ever wanted to go pro at playing FPS games, or have you had the chance to do so?

Kidson: Nah, I never wanted to be a Pro at FPS. They are fun and all, but that would mean for my skills to diminish in other games, and I like to keep them at an even level (well, sometimes).

Lasombra: Before you learned to take breaks in your long gaming sessions to prevent burnout, what did you do to recover from those early first cases of burnout?

Kidson: Well, I just stop focusing on games when I'm in a burnout stage. I focus more on other things, and it gives me a refresher while I'm away from gaming. Once I fire up the PS3 again, I feel much better.

Well, I’m back with the spiky haircut, thank goodness for a small mercy. V! Finally, I found you...a..ga...in...Has it been that long since our tryst in the changing room at Macy’s? Note to self, don’t use condoms that have been in your wallet and baking in the sun. I’d rather be back in high school. No, nothing. I didn’t say a word. Owww, how come you have to hit me so hard. Aren’t you too young to be PMSing or is that a prego thing? Oh yes, mystical hourglass of time and space shifting, please fill up again so my apparent wife can get even more prego and pop out some twins. Coming live from the birthing room in Episode 21: Riddle Me This. So how about VJ for their names, you know cause they’ll probably be girls knowing you and one can be a junior so I’m not outnumbered by the PMS patrol. Ow, seriously, pick a different spot. I took a golf thud okay, apology accepted. I think you just sterilized me though.

Love it, Hate it, write in the comments below and be heard by the community.

Missed an episode? Check out the Back Issues. No monthly subscription fee either!

Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter
    @LasombraFiles
    Last edited by Lasombra; 10-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Great interview Lasombra Always cool to learn about kidson

Next week...I have no clue.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Hater of Humans.....

nice one guys

"Plenty of time to sleep when im dead"

A plat a month!

Awesome interview. Interesting intro Lasombra!

Crocodile Hunter

nice interview man

Sig by Apokolypz

Random Access Memories

Fantastic interview guys! Nice to know another fitness person here in the forums

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Whoa what a coincidence. I just added kidson2004 for some trophy hunting and boosting on Binary Domain yesterday. Small internet. Cool interview man!

Beast Incarnate

Another cool interview. Glad to know there are other fitness motivated people here too.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Nice interview, good luck with the career goal kid. Though I have a friend who is a gym teacher and that's a pretty thankless job (he likes it though).
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

.. Solar Fields ..

Excellent interview

I also think Devil May Cry 4 is a great game but Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3 are better.

Mr. 70 Plats

Thanks everyone!!! Yeah, I'm looking forward to having my own gym to go to, and help others.

30STM 23/11/13

Another great interview guys

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Galaxy beauty pirate

Good interview Las & kidson.

All out of bubblegum.....

This interview confirms... Kidson is awesome! As for the next one, I think it's Beam.... hrm....
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Keep up the good work, Lasombra and kidson! And oh, kidson, enough... bouncing... things for today!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Mr. 70 Plats

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Keep up the good work, Lasombra and kidson! And oh, kidson, enough... bouncing... things for today!
    LOL! It can't be helped!!

Platinum Procrastinator

Great interview guys and I have no idea who it'll be next week...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Fantastic interview guys, great work on both accounts. Me personally am not into all that fitness stuff, the only workout i get really is a bit of working and lifting my beer up to my mouth and then back down, sometimes i swop hands so i workout evenly lol. Im currently playing Star Wars : TFU and i have to say it is a great game, im not on the hardest playthrough yet but i will be soon.

As ever, next week, my head hurts already trying to think, no idea

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Kid, not loser

Great interview Las, Kidson definitely has been one of the most active members on the site and overall a good guy. It's nice to learn more about the people you see around here.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

ANOTHER GREAT INTERVIEW BY LASOMBRA. AND GOOD LUCK TO KIDSON!!

THIS AWESOME AVY BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247
    THE EPIC SIG CREATED BY APOKOLYPZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast