Updates issues

This is a discussion on Updates issues within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Updating any game for me is a nosebleed and is very frustrating, even though me ps3 is brand new. Every ...

PRO Member

Updates issues

Updating any game for me is a nosebleed and is very frustrating, even though me ps3 is brand new. Every freaking update will just stop at some point, and I have to reset the whole thing, which makes my router go fucking crazy and I loose connection on all my devices. Every new single game I'm scared to start cause I'm afraid that I will spend an hour trying to update it. I don't have any Internet issues with my pc, iPad or phone just the ps3. Is there a way to fix this?

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Ghost Assassin

Well, I'm not sure about the router issue, but you can download the update file using your pc, put it on a USB, and update from the USB instead of the Internet.

Does it stop while downloading the update or while installing it?

Rangers F.C

Never had an issue with a download must be your PS3 is it still under warranty ?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You're not really being specific with your problem. Does it freeze completely? Or does it just take a long time? Can you back out of an update? Does your whole system freeze? Why do you restart your router?

If it is your system, perhaps restoring the system would help. In addition, it could just be the game. Different games take different times to update. Could be your internet connection. Might be fast, but not stable. Might be stable, but not fast.

Lvl 5 - Silver

If you have + just set it to update when your not awake, like 4 in the morning or whenever. might not solve your specific issue which from the sound of it is the signal from your router getting interrupted. At least it'll solve the headache of having to stare at the screen while it updates.

If possible you could hard wire your ps3 to the modem, that should prevent any stop in the downloading of an update.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Download the file, and put it on a USB
    Last edited by Near-McTavish; 09-12-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

PRO Member

thanks for all your advice

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer