Insomniac Games Lights the Fuse

This is a discussion on Insomniac Games Lights the Fuse within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi everyone! After a long journey navigating the sometimes-challenging waters of new IP development, we’re proud to reveal Fuse. Fuse, ...

Retired

Insomniac Games Lights the Fuse

Hi everyone! After a long journey navigating the sometimes-challenging waters of new IP development, we’re proud to reveal Fuse. Fuse, formerly known as Overstrike, is a third person, four-player cooperative game that centers around a volatile energy source that has fallen into the wrong hands. The substance, called Fuse, has been acquired by a terrorist organization known as Raven and Overstrike 9 has been hired to track down and stop it from setting off a deadly arms race.

You can play with up to three of your friends, and each member of Overstrike 9 has its own signature Fuse-powered weapon. Play as Dalton Brooks, an ex-mercenary who has a Mag-shield that acts as portable cover and unleashes a devastating blast that liquefies opponents. Take on the role of Naya Deveraux, who can cloak to flank enemies and fire out mini-black holes that implode its victims. As Jacob Kimble, you can keep enemies at a distance with the Arc Shot and shoot out charged bolts that chain react and fry enemies. Then there’s Izzy Sinclair, who can either launch out med beacons to heal teammates or fire her Shatter Gun to crystallizes and explode nearby threats. If you’re not sure who you want to play, you can use the LEAP feature to instantly switch to any available character. A good tactic when you’re in a pinch!

As you take down targets with both Fuse and conventional weapons, you’ll earn valuable points than can be used to upgrade your weapons and character abilities. You’ll earn more points on executing cooperative kills and these points and upgrades are beneficial across both campaign and another mode we’ll be revealing at a later time.
    I’ve been at Insomniac for more than 13 years and was part of the development of the first Ratchet & Clank for the PS2. It’s never easy developing new gameplay, an engaging storyline, and new technology from scratch. But at Insomniac right now, we’re having a lot of fun both evolving and playing Fuse. I believe the telltale signs of a signature “Insomniac” game are in full force. We’re diligently working on making sure each character and gameplay mechanic is satisfying to play. Our story is filled with intrigue and contains exciting plot twists with a touch of that classic Insomniac humor. And there won’t be a shortage of replay options thanks to our LEAP feature.
    We hope you’ll feel the same way when Fuse launches in March 2013!

You can look for more information on the official site, follow Insomniac on Twitter or like the Fuse page on Facebook. We’re excited to show you more of Fuse soon.
    Insomniac Games Lights the Fuse – PlayStation Blog

Fuse Announce Trailer - YouTube

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Seeing as this is a 3rd person shooter I'm not expecting anything great

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Change is mediocre

No more Ratchet and Clank games

I wish they would've went back to the original R&C games and make something along those lines than this kiddy bullshit. I'll be waiting for this though, to see if Insomniac still has it after R&C and Resistance.

Indie Game Developer

After how awesome All 4 One was as a co-op game, I have high expectations for this game. If they can make it even more fun in co-op than A4O, I feel like this will be a definite buy for me. Lets just pray there is couch co-op
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Retired

Well, more gameplay will be revealed on GTTV. And the writer is the same one that wrote Ratchet and Clank.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You do know that R&C collection just came out like last week right? The first 3 and are just as great as they were 10 years ago. Insomniac made great games but I have a hard times dealing with 3rd person.

Retired

Added new trailer, not much, but still better than no info at all.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    No more Ratchet and Clank games

I wish they would've went back to the original R&C games and make something along those lines than this kiddy bullshit. I'll be waiting for this though, to see if Insomniac still has it after R&C and Resistance.
    Don't forget Full Frontal Assault coming this fall

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

looks kinda ridiculous but it could be fun lol

Crocodile Hunter

Overstrike looked so much better than this....fuck you EA

Sig by Apokolypz

Angel of Death

So Overstrike became this basically? I look forward to almost any Insomniac game, so yay.

Rangers F.C

Looks like it could be fun , had never heard of it before lol

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Looks like it could be fun , had never heard of it before lol
    That is because it used to look like this and was called Overstrike

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    That is because it used to look like this and was called Overstrike

And it seemed much more interesting/fun in that trailer than it does in the new one

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

INTJ

so should i just add insomiac to this list yet or not?

http://i.imgur.com/3jXaA.jpg

i wonder whats next

best guess:

Toggle Spoiler

also saving this incase their damage control PR goes wrong

http://i.imgur.com/UQKKi.jpg

also, fun read

http://www.gamefront.com/fuse-demons...of-screenshots

If you want a fantastic example of how this all works, one need look no further than Borderlands. When that game was first announced, it was a very brown, ordinary looking shooter. I was excited about it because I read a feature on its gameplay and it sounded fantastic. However, very few people raised even a single eyebrow when the game was mentioned, because to them it looked like just another ordinary shooter. Then they re-revealed the game in PC Gamer, with a cel-shaded look and colors that popped out and grabbed attention. With just one magazine cover, Gearbox Software automatically won itself a place in the spotlight and a ton of excitement from gamers who before couldn’t give a single solitary shit. The game went on to be a big success, has a sequel on the way, and I feel confident in saying that the aesthetic change was a HUGE contributing factor. In fact, I’d argue that the cel-shading saved Borderlands. Graphics aren’t everything — but the way they inform the tone, style, and uniqueness of your project can make all the difference in the world.

Banned

I just finished Resistance 3 earlier, as I played it I knew that it would be the last Insomniac game I would ever play, the game was really really good up until the ending... DAT ENDING, DAT FUCKING ENDING.... YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME AND THEN BAM NOW YOU'RE IN THE MENU SCREEN... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But lets be civil shall we, Insomniac you are a shadow of your former self, but not just any shadow, a dead shadow! POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Out of all the possibilites.. they make a 3rd person shooter. Not interested in this.
    Platbar by Wadefan1