Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bethesda says no DLC for PS3

This is a discussion on Bethesda says no DLC for PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; But the thing is, they've done DLC for Fallout 3, so what's the difference with Skyrim?...

Change is mediocre

But the thing is, they've done DLC for Fallout 3, so what's the difference with Skyrim?

Lvl 6 - Silver

This is why have a ps3 and an xbox 360 so I don't miss out on anything. Hopefully they'll fix the issue in time of the game of the year release.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Ok here's my question, why are people so hyped for Bethesda to release FO4. When it will be made on the same game engine as Skyrim. And if they can't get DLC t work for Skyrim. Do you honestly expect them to have it working for FO4? Maybe because to me the Fallout Series, is probably the second most over rated game series this gen, next to Call of Duty. Is the reason why this just baffles me to no end.
    As far as I am concerned, Bethesda has just joined my list along side CapCom. As gaming companies who will never see another dime of my money. And I was so looking forward to playing Dishonored. But if they can't grasp the concept of programing for the PS3 after 7 years. I can't grasp the concept of me continuing buying their games.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Banned

Can I still play the game even without the DLC?

I got banned from my parents where they won't let me buy PSN cards to buy DLC stuff for all games including Skyrim.

Kid, not loser

I still don't understand how they got the whole Skyrim game ported to the PS3 but can't get this Their next game should have exclusive DLC or something for the PS3 user's, but that's doubtful with micro aiming to buy it out like they do with all their games. The worst part about it is they told us it was coming, which causes people to hold off on buying other games and putting more time into Skyrim, and in the end all PS3 user's will get nothing else for their support.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post
    Can I still play the game even without the DLC?

I got banned from my parents where they won't let me buy PSN cards to buy DLC stuff for all games including Skyrim.
    Of course you can bro. You will only have the problems the original game carried, like framrate and bug issues.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Angel of Death

Not saying I am amazing at hexadecimal (which is the programming language I believe the PS3 is coded with), but they must be REALLY bad at it.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Are Bethesda creating FO4? I just pray that prey 2 is still on the cards.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Fallout 4 or GTFO Bethesda
    Let's just shorten this to "GTFO Bethesda ".

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    These are just rumors, Bethesda has made no official announcement. Don't spread misinformation.
    Read the title of the thread and then read the title of the source, it's true, PS3 ain't getting the DLC, at least not for a long time assuming it ever will.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

so i guess after 4 days the dev team gave up ? your information is misleading and incorrect at the moment.

Sony Working With Bethesda To Save ‘Skyrim Dawnguard’ DLC For PS3

seen as sony only sent a dev team across to bethesda a few days ago I highly doubt they have decided this already and also the simple fact that bethesda just can't code for PS3 there has been problems with every FO/TES game for PS3

Lvl 4 - Silver

Bethesda is cheating on us...
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I enjoy the world of Skyrim because of the massive landscapes give me a great avenue to practice my stalking and killing, but the fact that I can't expand that in DLC is very upsetting. I was really excited to have my own family...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't even own Skyrim on PS3, I own it on PC and I'm pissed at this news. Bethesda should fire everyone that worked on the PS3 version, absolutely terrible job of coding the PS3 port by Bethesda.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I don't even own Skyrim on PS3, I own it on PC and I'm pissed at this news. Bethesda should fire everyone that worked on the PS3 version, absolutely terrible job of coding the PS3 port by Bethesda.
    Those poor 4 people, what will they do now. How will they feed their families. Or afford that Benz anymore? [/s]

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 3 - Bronze

another success case of Bugstheda!! after 7 years of sony ps3 they still sucking at making games, if after this years they can't make OR don't want to make it work....then i guess ps3 owners should just risk any bestheda game out of their shopping list, what goes around comes around!

Banned

I guess I will no longer buy games from this gaming company.I should trade the game for something else.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Not saying I am amazing at hexadecimal (which is the programming language I believe the PS3 is coded with), but they must be REALLY bad at it.
    In what universe is "Hexadecimal" a programming language?

Hexadecimal is a numerical system with a base of 16 that uses 0-9 and A-F to represent binary-coded values. Just as binary is a numerical system with a base of 2 (0-1) and decimal with a base of 10 (0-9).

Hacking trophy timestamps or game saves using a hex editor does not make you a programmer. Please...if you don't know anything, don't even attempt to pass yourself of as an expert. People like me are only too happy to call you on your bullshit.

Most games, like most software, are written in one variant of C or another - C, C#, C++ etc. The native library support for these languages varies between the operating systems on each platform, for example 360 and PC support C#, PS3 does not.

Not to mention different hardware architecture, most notably the PS3's cell processor acts as both CPU and GPU, whereas they're separate entities on PC & 360. There's also apparently system-specific assembly language on the PS3, which can get messy and further complicates things.

PC and 360 because are more or less father and son products, hence porting from one to the other is relatively simple. The PS3 is their weird, geeky, foreign cousin who speaks in tongues and requires a Ouija board to communicate.

In theory, the cell processors on the PS3 are more capable and can squeeze higher performance than the 360 for the same game (some PS3 games just wouldn't be possible on 360), but it's a bitch to program and clearly, Dawnguard can not operate within its parameters and limitations.

Hero of Kvatch

If we can't get the existing Skyrim DLC, why don't Bethesda create a PS3 exclusive DLC?

"War, war never changes."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
    so i guess after 4 days the dev team gave up ? your information is misleading and incorrect at the moment.

Sony Working With Bethesda To Save ‘Skyrim Dawnguard’ DLC For PS3

seen as sony only sent a dev team across to bethesda a few days ago I highly doubt they have decided this already and also the simple fact that bethesda just can't code for PS3 there has been problems with every FO/TES game for PS3
    everyone skipped my post.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast