Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bethesda says no DLC for PS3

This is a discussion on Bethesda says no DLC for PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by platzreign And I was so looking forward to playing Dishonored. But if they can't grasp the concept ...

F**K AUTHORITY

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    And I was so looking forward to playing Dishonored. But if they can't grasp the concept of programing for the PS3 after 7 years. I can't grasp the concept of me continuing buying their games.
    Wow really? Bethesda is just the publisher for Dishonored not the developer.
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    If this is the case why does it play on Xbox ?
    Because a 360 is no more than a PC with out the customization options.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Starman3450 View Post
    The Publisher still has a hand in the development of the games they publish. And the game is being made if I'm not mistaken with Bethesda's engine. And if Bethesda can;t get it to work for the PS3. I have very little faith that the developer will either. And if the developer does get it to work. Than I have even less faith in Bethesda than I do now.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well that sucks, I was really looking forward to the skyrim DLC.

And yes a Fallout 4 would be awesomeness

F**K AUTHORITY

The Publisher still has a hand in the development of the games they publish. And the game is being made if I'm not mistaken with Bethesda's engine. And if Bethesda can;t get it to work for the PS3. I have very little faith that the developer will either. And if the developer does get it to work. Than I have even less faith in Bethesda than I do now.
    No its Unreal Engine 3
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Because a 360 is no more than a PC with out the customization options.
    and the ps3 is too.the reason it runs on the x box is because the x box doesnt have a split memory pool.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Starman3450 View Post
    Whether they are the publisher or the developer makes no difference,they are still making money on this game,if he feels hes been shitted why would he anybody else want to throw more money at them.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Let's just fast forward to the release of Fallout 4 and do what has been done for every release. So on that note the game has major flaws and glitches, Bethesda needs to hire a QA team, Todd Howard doesn't care about the ps3 and so on. Really the whole deal is a sad cycle even a toddler knows when they touch something and they get burnt to not do it again. Now it is about time for the adults to follow their direction or buy the game accept it for what it is don't act shocked or pissed you were handed and glorified beta in a fancy cover and move on.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    In what universe is "Hexadecimal" a programming language?

Hexadecimal is a numerical system with a base of 16 that uses 0-9 and A-F to represent binary-coded values. Just as binary is a numerical system with a base of 2 (0-1) and decimal with a base of 10 (0-9).

Hacking trophy timestamps or game saves using a hex editor does not make you a programmer. Please...if you don't know anything, don't even attempt to pass yourself of as an expert. People like me are only too happy to call you on your bullshit.

Most games, like most software, are written in one variant of C or another - C, C#, C++ etc. The native library support for these languages varies between the operating systems on each platform, for example 360 and PC support C#, PS3 does not.

Not to mention different hardware architecture, most notably the PS3's cell processor acts as both CPU and GPU, whereas they're separate entities on PC & 360. There's also apparently system-specific assembly language on the PS3, which can get messy and further complicates things.

PC and 360 because are more or less father and son products, hence porting from one to the other is relatively simple. The PS3 is their weird, geeky, foreign cousin who speaks in tongues and requires a Ouija board to communicate.

In theory, the cell processors on the PS3 are more capable and can squeeze higher performance than the 360 for the same game (some PS3 games just wouldn't be possible on 360), but it's a bitch to program and clearly, Dawnguard can not operate within its parameters and limitations.
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
    I enjoy the world of Skyrim because of the massive landscapes give me a great avenue to practice my stalking and killing, but the fact that I can't expand that in DLC is very upsetting. I was really excited to have my own family...
    I am not excited about the Heartfire DLC, i want the Dawnguard DLC.If i want to make a family, i will play Sims.
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm over it man. At this point, if they do get the DLC to work, I won't be buying it. But as for Fallout 4, I must have it. The Fallouts are some of my absolute favorite games despite their bugs and crashes.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_TKO View Post
    We've all seen this coming for a while now, I've pretty much given up hope for Skyrim DLC on PS3.

Hurry up with an announcement for Fallout 4 already
    The news for Fallout 4 would be the same as skyrim dlc if they don't release. Sorry we couldn't make Fallout 4 work on ps3 or any future Sony consoles so we have canceled the game. Microsoft paid us a lot not to release these games and dlc for sony consoles.
    Personally rather not buy skyrim on 360 to pad their pockets for dlc that may not come to ps3. I haven't played on my 360 for a year and 8 months.

Banned

Is it a good thing I got rid of the xbox 360 version or avoid this game at all cost and play a different game?

Hero of Kvatch

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post
    Is it a good thing I got rid of the xbox 360 version or avoid this game at all cost and play a different game?
    Skyrim is a great game, ruined

"War, war never changes."

INTJ

i agree with this

Pete Hines:

I don't buy it on the promise of DLC, regardless of platform. But I rarely play DLC anyway. For me, it's about the game.

deal with it or buy a superior platform with no shitty memory issues, your choice.

And the game is being made if I'm not mistaken with Bethesda's engine.
    nope, Unreal Engine 3.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    If this is the case why does it play on Xbox ?
    Because the amount of ram nessecary is dependent upon the type you use. The PS3 has the least amount of ram of all three. It the type of ram it has is a higher grade and requires a lot lless of it to be effective. Just think about the other games that are out there such as GT5. There's a lot of shit going really fast in that game and it still looks amazing.

Rangers F.C

I at one point had the Xbox Black and got rid of it cause when playing games on Xbox and PS3 the PS3 seemed to be the more powerful machine , people posted that the PS3 got a split memory pool so this is the reason Xbox can play the Skyrim DLC and PS3 cannot , so which is the more powerful machine ??????

Ice Cream Firefighter

Not having the Skyrim DLC doesn't worry me at all, the game is epic enough by itself for me with it's size & gameplay. That & I have a 60+ backlog in unplayed games that I don't need a extended experience in a game I have played.

Nice find Trains

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Not having the Skyrim DLC doesn't worry me at all, the game is epic enough by itself for me with it's size & gameplay. That & I have a 60+ backlog in unplayed games that I don't need a extended experience in a game I have played.

Nice find Trains
    They're still working on the DLC. Don't believe these rumors.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    Because the amount of ram nessecary is dependent upon the type you use. The PS3 has the least amount of ram of all three. It the type of ram it has is a higher grade and requires a lot lless of it to be effective. Just think about the other games that are out there such as GT5. There's a lot of shit going really fast in that game and it still looks amazing.
    Forza Motorsport 4 has better graphics due to the bigger ram space though. There's better shadows, texture lighting, etc.

not to mention it actually has good destructible car physics.

GT5:
    http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/image.../xlarge_c1.jpg

Forza 4:
    http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/image.../xlarge_c2.jpg

(notice how Forza 4 is always at 60 FPS while GT5 Randomly drops to 40-50 FPS at times)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast