Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bethesda says no DLC for PS3

This is a discussion on Bethesda says no DLC for PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Bethesda says no DLC for PS3 Well it's safe to say Bethesda can't code on the PS3 for shit. Let's ...

Banned

Well it's safe to say Bethesda can't code on the PS3 for shit.
    Let's add insult to injury shall we!
    For all you people anticipating Fallout 4, remember this saying
    "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me".

All PS3“Skyrim” fans have been waiting for Bethesda to finally fix all the issues and release the “Dawnguard” DLC, but now it looks like it may never happen. Multiple sites, including Tech and Trend and Gaming Blend, report that Bethesda has announced issues with the DLC that is causing it to not function on its own. They add that the issues are potentially a detriment to all future DLC for “Skyrim.”
    This announcement comes on the heels of yet another DLC release for the popular RPG. The recent DLC is titled “Hearthfire” and adds-on the ability to buy land and build a home. It also allows for children, possible servants, and conflict with people trying to attack the new homestead. This DLC was released for the Xbox 360 on September 4th. There is no release date for the PC version, and as stated above there seems to be a possibility that it will never be released for the PS3.
    The lack of DLC for PS3 owners is a definite downside for Bethesda. There still stands to reason that a good many PS3 owners will leave “Skyrim” completely out of sheer frustration. This could also potentially cause issues for Sony’s sales if diehard fans switch from PS3 to PC or Xbox 360. One can only hope that Bethesda can correct the issues they are having, and that they DLC will be playable for PS3 gamers.
    Source:
    Bethesda says no DLC for PS3 - Huntsville Console Gaming | Examiner.com

Hero of Kvatch

We've all seen this coming for a while now, I've pretty much given up hope for Skyrim DLC on PS3.

Hurry up with an announcement for Fallout 4 already

"War, war never changes."

Lvl 10 - Platinum

as long as they have the dlc up and running by the time the goty edition comes out in a year or so ill be fine since i dont buy dlc anyways, and ill still buy fallout 4 when it comes out in a couple years, ive never encountered the many glitches and bugs that other people have reported with bethesda games so im alright with them as developers, it would, however, be nice if it didnt seem as though bethesda hated people with sony products

дурак

Fallout 4 or GTFO Bethesda

Seriously, I might keep Skyrim for a little bit longer. But after that, it's as good as coaster on my coffee table.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Legend...Nuff Said

Screw Fallout 4, whats the point? Seriously, if they can't respect their fanbase enough to release a working product why should we give them the thought they can screw PS3 users over with no Fallout 4 DLC?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Fallout 4 or GTFO Bethesda
    This ^^^ give us some Fallout 4 news instead

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

Why is everyone surprised at this? Even with the quality and everything else taking away from it you can't force a PC game to play on a PS3 with out some issues, its like trying to get your PS1 to play PS3 games and then shouting at Sony because it doesn't work.

The game needs 2gb of ram, dual core 2.0ghz processors and a video card with at least 512mb as its basic requirements.

From what I understand in the other Skyrim topics posted here the Xbox and PS3 don't even have this if you combined the 2 of them.

Rangers F.C

Would like to say fuck them thats the last time a buy any of there stuff but it would be a lie cause a still think the games are amazing , Skyrim , Oblivion , Fallout 3 are my favourite games of all time , I am pissed though and will not buy anything until they bring out there next game lol

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    Why is everyone surprised at this? Even with the quality and everything else taking away from it you can't force a PC game to play on a PS3 with out some issues, its like trying to get your PS1 to play PS3 games and then shouting at Sony because it doesn't work.

The game needs 2gb of ram, dual core 2.0ghz processors and a video card with at least 512mb as its basic requirements.

From what I understand in the other Skyrim topics posted here the Xbox and PS3 don't even have this if you combined the 2 of them.
    If this is the case why does it play on Xbox ?

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Screw Fallout 4, whats the point? Seriously, if they can't respect their fanbase enough to release a working product why should we give them the thought they can screw PS3 users over with no Fallout 4 DLC?
    Fallout 4 is the last time I will buy a Bethesda product. If they do the same shit they did with Skyrim, than I will no longer support them. I know I've said "I won't be buying this game, I won't buy Fallout 4, blah blah blah", but I love Fallout, with a passion. I'm willing to give Bethesda one more chance, just because I want Fallout 4. If it tanks, then they will never see a penny from me ever again.
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Threat

These are just rumors, Bethesda has made no official announcement. Don't spread misinformation.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Hero of Kvatch

I wonder how many people who say that they will never buy another Bethesda product again end up buying Fallout 4 and Skyrim DLC, if it is ever released?

"War, war never changes."

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    These are just rumors, Bethesda has made no official announcement. Don't spread misinformation.
    Yeah, but hasn't every rumor that has surfaced, pretty much been true?

PRO Member

Good question heres some somple stats I found about the hardware of both.

PS3 Sony PlayStation 3 Slim - Video Game Consoles, Sony

Xbox Microsoft Xbox 360 S - Video Game Consoles, Microsoft

The xbox has a slight edge and more ram, more ram is always better.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game was developed first and foremost for the 360. Porting it over to the PC would have been a relativity simple process but the ps3's architecture is significantly different. The engine they built is just not overly compatible with PS3 and never will be. Hopefully they will rework it for their next major release to give more parity between the platforms, but I expect to see similar issues until the next console generation comes out.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Yeah, but hasn't every rumor that has surfaced, pretty much been true?
    It's probable that it won't come out, but that doesn't mean there's no hope. Yesterday VP Pete Hines said they're still working on it, and if they release absolutely no add-on content then it's false advertising, since the back of the game says add-on content.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

with all the lag for fallout on ps3 i will not buy another fallout game

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by jsmooth420 View Post
    with all the lag for fallout on ps3 i will not buy another fallout game
    They were able to fix the lag issues on Skyrim, so I'm sure there won't be any on the next Fallout game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

First of all, they need to fix the frame rate on Fallout '-'
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hmm I didn't know developers were still having basic problems like this... sad...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast