Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yeah simply because I never decide to plat a game til after I've played it though once just to see ...

Local Drunk

Yeah simply because I never decide to plat a game til after I've played it though once just to see what it's like.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Deem View Post
    Oh, you're one of those. You know, you don't HAVE to do a game step-by-step with a trophy guide every single time. No shit you're enjoying it more now that you're not doing that. Ever thought of just playing a game, and THEN starting to hunt for the trophies? Seriously...
    WTF , a played games years before they were even such a thing as trophy guides and now like to get platinums but sometimes spend too much time on grinding them out now a play anyway a feel like at the time put your dummy back in [email protected]#kin Nob

Closing this account

Toggle Spoiler

I am playing Dark Souls myself but it is all a matter of how you feel after you accomplish a certain task in that game. So far I am playing this game legit with out using those b.s glitches or that gay backstabbing. If only I had used a guide with this game to see how to beat certain bosses without crashing and burning a lot. It is a fun game in all and I can understand your feelings about it. If it is a sports game them my mind is set on the but if it is a RPG then my mind is at a 50/40/10 with it.
    Last edited by jay_hawk; 09-17-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

It depends on the game. If it is an RPG, I'll take my time regardless.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 8 - Gold

I never let trophies ruin my gaming experience. I go for a plat after a few playthroughs and if I like the game.

If I don't enjoy a game I won't bother with trophies. Maybe I'll get in the mood to do it later down the road but I won't let gaming become a chore. As far as I'm concerned, trophies can be removed entirely.

Game on....

If you don't aim to get the platinum trophy as fast as possible and go for it in a second or third playthrough you will get more out of a game and enjoy playing it a lot more.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I tend to play a game for fun to begin with then i'll complete the main story once then if I really enjoyed I'll look at doing the usual stuff like trying to find collectables/ easter eggs etc and then may be just maybe if haven't got bored of playing it for a while will go for some of the other things like hard mode etc etc and if I feel like platting the game I do hence the mammoth list of games played but hardly any plats

Created by Prosthetic

From here on out Blank friend requests will not be acknowledged

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about lol as usual i can't understand a damn thing you try to say. proper English please.

on topic:

i quit playing for trophies a long time ago and have enjoyed my gaming a lot more since i did that. i think trophies have ruined gaming and gamers alike. when a person decides on rather or not to play a game because of how hard the plat is rather than if they would like the game or not is fucking sad and pathetic. i wished we could go back to gaming like it used to be with no trophies and stuff and people played games and did stuff in games because it was fun and that's what they wanted to do. so to answer your question in case there was any doubt.....HELL yeah i enjoy a game better if i'm not focused on trophies and gaming for real like real gamers do. for the love of game and not gay ass trophies.
    My thoughts exactly... although I do enjoy having a record of what I've beaten... Its always been for the love of the game. it seems to me that some people have forgotten what gaming is about FUN,FUN,FUN in n out of this world experience. treating a game like a job is just sad, it sucks the fun right out. imo.. to all the real gamers out there

WHO DAT!!!!

i only plat a game if i enjoy it, thats how i decide if or if not to plat. BUT if i enjoy it and it has ridiculous mp trophies i wont plat it

Rangers F.C

A lot of people saying they only go for plat after they played the game and enjoyed it , which is cool but a lot of games require you to do multiple play through's and a normally cant be bothered beating the same game like four times so been trying to go for platinum straight away in my last ten or so plats and soon got bored of this . I think just not giving a fuck about them is the way forward for me . Never use to care about them but once a got 5 a wanted 10 then 20 and so on , a got addicted

PRO Member

Yes. Always. I play my games to enjoy them first(how many times have I repeated myself ) then IF I enjoy the game enough, I'll go for the trophies and .

I never created a second account or anything, which is why I have some games at very low % if any but I'm not too worried about it.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

The Temple of the King

Trophies are half the fun of the game man.

I have to admit that playing the game just to play it is much more relaxing and fun than just playing for the platinum. I think sometimes that I enjoy my Wii games more because I'm not chasing after that almighty platinum. But at the same time, I am getting more out of my PS3 games more because of it and occasionally appreciating a game more as well. For example, Dragon's Dogma; I probably wouldn't have gone through it a second time (and even a third time) if not for chasing the plat and found myself saying "Why didn't I like this game more the first time through?"

At the same time, I have platinumed some real crappy games that I'm not so proud of playing.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

PRO Member

I got the Demon's Souls plat and it took alot out of me, mainly because of having to get all the weapons and having to change between pure white and pure black worlds. I'll go for plats at long as the "collectibles" trophies aren't too hard. I don't mind grinding for levels, but I despise collecting crap.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    A lot of people saying they only go for plat after they played the game and enjoyed it , which is cool but a lot of games require you to do multiple play through's and a normally cant be bothered beating the same game like four times.
    Then don't play it. If you don't feel like playing a game for the second or third time don't do it. Take a break from the game and maybe you'll come back to it later.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 09-17-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I never play a game without playing for the platinum unless it's something special like Red Dead Redemption

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

I play a game to play it first. I consult the trophy list to see what I might need along the way, but I tend to go all over the place first. It takes quite awhile to get through the games that way and I found out that collectibles can be a pain that way, but if I went for the plat immediately, it would turn into work and I get enough of that outside my gaming.

However, I do have the intention of platinuming everything that I play. I just don't set a time limit on it or do it all at once. There is no blueprint for my platinums that I follow from the beginning. I have over 90 games now and have yet to platinum even half of the first ten I bought. They will come someday and if I don't get to them, oh well.

I love the trophies and the platinums myself though. I've been playing video games for over 30 years now and before the trophies, I rarely ever finished a game, let alone did everything I could possibly do with it. Trophies give me an incentive I didn't have before. We all need to regulate ourselves and decide what works for us as individuals. The platinum isn't the end all for me...it's the journey that matters the most. Plats are just the little cherry on top.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Then don't play it. If you don't feel like playing a game for the second or third time don't do it. Take a break for the game and maybe you'll come back to it later.
    Yeah thats what a should do but a trade my games in lol , would have to buy them again . Also I don't anyway this probably the reason a got no Uncharted Platinums on PS3 even though they are easy

Lvl 9 - Gold

the funniest thing i find with threads like this is that this is a TROPHY WEBSITE ppl.The whole main pupose of it is about trophies achieving them and the games that have them, so if your not interested in the trophies then dont be.... and just play games for the fun of it.

edit. dont slam me too much for this opinion lol was just a thought in my head
    Last edited by Da_Man-023; 09-18-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    the funniest thing i find with threads like this is that this is a TROPHY WEBSITE ppl.The whole main pupose of it is about trophies achieving them and the games that have them, so if your not interested in the trophies then dont be.... and just play games for the fun of it.

edit. dont slam me too much for this opinion lol was just a thought in my head

It is a trophy site, but it's also a PlayStation site. I'm not that interested in trophies but I'm still here because I can get the latest PS news and chat with fellow PS fans.

No Game No Life

Doesn't really matter if I go for trophies or not as I tend to 100% complete every game I play anyway. It's been my playstyle ever since even before the ps3 and trophies came out.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast