Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I like going for Platinums, but there are a ton of games to play, and you can't get them all....

Angel of Death

I like going for Platinums, but there are a ton of games to play, and you can't get them all.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Trophies and indeed Platinum ones are a fun addition to a good game, however, i will always enjoy the game itself first.

Basically, I never go for Platinums from the outset.

Rangers F.C

Not been bothering with trophies for a wee while now but have hit the wall as far as what game to get next really want to wait for Dishonored but everyone on my friends list playing Boarderlands 2
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 6 - Silver

Unfortunately, I've got to the point where I don't play a game UNLESS I'm going for the Platinum, so I can't say I enjoy the game more if I'm not going for it. But I do kind of agree that trophy hunting takes the fun out of the game somewhat - I get a game, aim for the plat *or at least as near as possible, then do some clean up at a later date*, then move on the next game and trade in the old one.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Harvester of Souls

I always begin playing a game without the intention of platinum'ing it. I just play for fun and if I really enjoy it and think I can do the platinum, then I will make the effort for it. OR if the list looks easy and after I play for a bit, seems really fun, I may continue on through, but not worried if I do or not.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Unfortunately, I've got to the point where I don't play a game UNLESS I'm going for the Platinum, so I can't say I enjoy the game more if I'm not going for it. But I do kind of agree that trophy hunting takes the fun out of the game somewhat - I get a game, aim for the plat *or at least as near as possible, then do some clean up at a later date*, then move on the next game and trade in the old one.
    Thats exactly what a had been doing then a said hold on this is not fun any more , so decided to just stop totally I am not saying I will not plat again but it will only be games that I would rate good/amazing I will go for if a have the skill to platinum it lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

I'm torn about this. I don't have time to do multiple playthroughs in many cases, so for quite a few of them I have done a rush to platinum (like Sly, Tiger Woods). For other games, the platinum has kept me playing when I otherwise would not have (WipEout, LBP), so it has given me a little more value out of the game even though the last bit was more grinding and not quite as enjoyable. But I have always liked to finish everything if I can so it hasn't been too strenuous. I have found, though, that I have almost no interest in playing games without trophies, like early PS3 games, PS2, PC, etc., and I think that's kind of sad. It's also harder for me to justify replaying games, unless I use another account. The trophies are certainly addicting.

Hopefully after I finish my remaining queue (FFXIII-2, which I am enjoying quite a bit regardless of trophy progress, and Infamous, which I haven't started), I will be able to get back to just playing for fun without worrying about trophies so much.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

If the game has unlockables or costumes after the game was finished or even multiple endings ..I would play them over and over even before trophys came out..so seriously trophys are just a bonus to me and if I get the platinum then awesome if not..well I wont lose any sleep over it.

Banned

Oh my goodness.

Didn't happen to notice that the discussion has been dead for 11 months, eh? To make it worse, your response wasn't even on topic.

On topic; I'm the type of gamer that always has the intention to get the platinum and/or 100% in mind before I start playing a game. In that sense, I tend to enjoy all games equally (at the start). The things that affect my enjoyment the most isn't the pursuit of the platinum. My enjoyment comes from the gameplay experience, the details, the story, the graphics etc.
    Last edited by effdeegee; 08-07-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: To edit...duh.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I enjoy a game more when I can play the game for fun and collect trophies. I don't worry about the platinum as soon as I start playing the game. I get most of my trophies when playing and beating the game. I like to play the game at my own pace. Even if I don't have any intention of going for the platinum, I still enjoy the game.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I enjoy a game more when I can play the game for fun and collect trophies. I don't worry about the platinum as soon as I start playing the game. I get most of my trophies when playing and beating the game. I like to play the game at my own pace. Even if I don't have any intention of going for the platinum, I still enjoy the game.
    ...um, i got nothing really more to add. this kinda sums it all up for me. so, um, yeah...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123