Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Been playing Dark Souls and just rung the second bell and decided early on that I was not going for ...

Rangers F.C

Do you enjoy a game more if you have no intention of going for platinum ?

Been playing Dark Souls and just rung the second bell and decided early on that I was not going for platinum and have really enjoyed playing the game at my own pace and without referring to trophy guides and making sure I have not missed any items because when going for platinum you are forced to do certain things in order .
    The game is fun whether or not you going for platinum but do you sometimes enjoy not going for the platinum in games because it give you a lot more freedom to enjoy the game ?

The Deathly Rhythm

Thats why I go platinum hunting after I beat a game
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Platinum Dohvakiin

I have a game list with a 100+ games and 20 Plats. I've been gaming for a long time. Getting a Plat is nice and all, but if I'm not having fun with the game, I'm not playing it. I very seldom set off to Plat a game from the get go. But I always start off playing just for the pure fun of playing the game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

I prefer to enjoy the game first on easy mode then go for the trophies on the 2nd playthrough. I still don't have any plats yet. As long as the game doesn't have any difficulty trophies or time limit trophies then I'm quite happy with the game.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I have a game list with a 100+ games and 20 Plats. I've been gaming for a long time. Getting a Plat is nice and all, but if I'm not having fun with the game, I'm not playing it. I very seldom set off to Plat a game from the get go. But I always start off playing just for the pure fun of playing the game.
    My thoughts exactly. The oppurtunity to earn trophies makes gaming more fun for me. But if I'm torturing myself trying to get the plat then it's not woth it.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Trophy's have really influenced what i do with games. I always go for the plat but i do enjoy a game more when i dont have to consult a trophy guide. So, i suppose the answer to your question would be yes because you dont worry about anything and like you say, you enjoy the game and take it at your own pace. But, with me always wanting a platinum, i enjoy it even more when i dont have to consult a guide, especially for collectables but that's a different matter.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Nope

If you are not having fun, don't play it.
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

PRO Member

The thing is enjoy if not just skip

Rangers F.C

I used to play the game then go for plat in second run but now I keep trying to go for it at very start or just decide to not go for it very quickly and always enjoy not going for it more lol

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    The thing is enjoy if not just skip
    what the fuck are you talking about lol as usual i can't understand a damn thing you try to say. proper English please.

on topic:

i quit playing for trophies a long time ago and have enjoyed my gaming a lot more since i did that. i think trophies have ruined gaming and gamers alike. when a person decides on rather or not to play a game because of how hard the plat is rather than if they would like the game or not is fucking sad and pathetic. i wished we could go back to gaming like it used to be with no trophies and stuff and people played games and did stuff in games because it was fun and that's what they wanted to do. so to answer your question in case there was any doubt.....HELL yeah i enjoy a game better if i'm not focused on trophies and gaming for real like real gamers do. for the love of game and not gay ass trophies.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 4 - Silver

I get enjoyment out of the games and satisfaction out of the platinum's. The enjoyment is much more important to me

Lvl 10 - Platinum

did that with skyrim because i wanted to just enjoy the experience instead of worrying what to do and what not to do, eventually got the platinum, but could have done it much sooner and with less enjoyment if i just went for the trophies

The Deathly Rhythm

when you are playing a game just to platinum, it kinda kills the game or story to me, thats why i play the game to beat it, then after I play to plat
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about lol as usual i can't understand a damn thing you try to say. proper English please.

on topic:

i quit playing for trophies a long time ago and have enjoyed my gaming a lot more since i did that. i think trophies have ruined gaming and gamers alike. when a person decides on rather or not to play a game because of how hard the plat is rather than if they would like the game or not is fucking sad and pathetic. i wished we could go back to gaming like it used to be with no trophies and stuff and people played games and did stuff in games because it was fun and that's what they wanted to do. so to answer your question in case there was any doubt.....HELL yeah i enjoy a game better if i'm not focused on trophies and gaming for real like real gamers do. for the love of game and not gay ass trophies.
    You are totally right mate it has kind of fucked things a bit , a been trying lately to just forget about the trophy's a only got a couple in last two weeks and been having more fun plus don't get burned out just playing for fun but do when hunting .

Change is mediocre

Yeah, but if I hunt after I've beaten a game I won't be motivated to do so.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yes, but after I beat it and enjoy it for a while , I'll plat the game

Up the Irons!

I definitely do. I enjoy it more because I can go at my own pace, and I don't have to worry about missing something.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 4 - Silver

Oh, you're one of those. You know, you don't HAVE to do a game step-by-step with a trophy guide every single time. No shit you're enjoying it more now that you're not doing that. Ever thought of just playing a game, and THEN starting to hunt for the trophies? Seriously...

Lvl 9 - Gold

yeas refering to a guide takes the fun out of the gameplay, after i hit 50 plats im winding down a bit and just enjoying the gameplay more.... but i still enjoy that..... DING lol

An old-fashioned cowboy

For me going after a platinum doesn't really enhance or hurt my enjoyment of the game. What does hurt my enjoyment of the game is using a guide that spoils the game for me. That's why I only resort to using guides when I'm stuck or to cleanup the trophies I missed during my first playthrough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast