PSN network change !!

This is a discussion on PSN network change !! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; hi guys !! i want to ask one question m registered to UK network and want to change it to ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PSN network change !!

hi guys !!

i want to ask one question m registered to UK network and want to change it to USA ... coz in which country i m dun support PSN store so i choose UK and now i want to subscribe for PS PLUS and unfortunately UK PS PLUS card is not avaliable here but for USA ....so any chance to change network without losing my 22 platinum's.....??

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Come again

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tension_creator View Post
    hi guys !!

i want to ask one question m registered to UK network and want to change it to USA ... coz in which country i m dun support PSN store so i choose UK and now i want to subscribe for PS PLUS and unfortunately UK PS PLUS card is not avaliable here but for USA ....so any chance to change network without losing my 22 platinum's.....??
    I understand what your asking, and i dont know if my answer is the only option, but:

You can create another psn account on your ps3. Once that one has PS+, anything downloaded from that account is shared with other accounts on your ps3 (meaning you can log into another account and still be able to play the games).

From what i know of PS+, its attached to a account. So if your MAIN account is UK, i dont think there is a way to switch it to US. I could be wrong though. Good luck with that.

In the way i explained above, your name wont have to PS+ symbol, but if your going for games your goal is still met.

Threat

Impossible to keep your trophies and switch countries
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

No,you can't switch countries.

You can do what Crealkllr suggested to get the games but you'll be losing out on the PS+ cloud storage.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I understand what your asking, and i dont know if my answer is the only option, but:

You can create another psn account on your ps3. Once that one has PS+, anything downloaded from that account is shared with other accounts on your ps3 (meaning you can log into another account and still be able to play the games).

From what i know of PS+, its attached to a account. So if your MAIN account is UK, i dont think there is a way to switch it to US. I could be wrong though. Good luck with that.

In the way i explained above, your name wont have to PS+ symbol, but if your going for games your goal is still met.
    ^^^this^^^ exactly

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post

i want to purchase online pass for games and want to download some free games from PS store....... so u mean if i make a new account with USA and become PS+ and download the games or pass... so i will b able to use that in my UK id ??

Lvl 7 - Gold

i want to purchase online pass for games and want to download some free games from PS store....... so u mean if i make a new account with USA and become PS+ and download the games or pass... so i will b able to use that in my UK id ??
    Yes you should be aboe to do that because I activated my Madden online pass and everyone in my house was able to use it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Yes you should be aboe to do that because I activated my Madden online pass and everyone in my house was able to use it.

i used my friend id to download uncharted 3 online pass and it was downloaded to my ps3 form my friend id but when i logged in to my id and tried to go online its still asking me for the pass ......so how this worked for u but not for me ??
    my friend is registered to USA and i m registered to UK network ...so does this make any difference ??

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i may be wrong but i think dlc or passes are region locked so u needed to buy uncharted 3 (disk)from usa to get the pass to work

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by rpg49ers View Post
    i may be wrong but i think dlc or passes are region locked so u needed to buy uncharted 3 (disk)from usa to get the pass to work
    lolz....if i was supposed to buy a disk then y i was worried for the pass
    and btw how i will confirm the disc which is coming to my country is of which region ??

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You know you can buy PS+ with just a regular PSN card, you don't need a PS+ card just to buy PS+.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Fatone View Post
    You know you can buy PS+ with just a regular PSN card, you don't need a PS+ card just to buy PS+.
    r u sure about that coz today i searched each an every corner of my city for PS+ card and in last i purchased 25euro network card ....
    but what about the prices difference as i checked on both networks for uncharted 3 pass on UK its 7.99 euros and on USA its 9.99 dollars
    and about the UK network card its much expensive then USA card ??

Lvl 2 - Bronze

r u sure about that coz today i searched each an every corner of my city for PS+ card and in last i purchased 25euro network card ....
    but what about the prices difference as i checked on both networks for uncharted 3 pass on UK its 7.99 euros and on USA its 9.99 dollars
    and about the UK network card its much expensive then USA card ??
    For the PS+ I'm positive about that. The Best Buy by my house was out of PS+ cards, so I just bought a $50 PSN card instead to renew my PS+ for the year. Also I have no idea if the USA cards is more or cheaper then the UK PSN cards.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You don't need a ps + card to buy + All you need is that amount of money in your psn wallet to buy it.

illegal in 9 countries

lolz....if i was supposed to buy a disk then y i was worried for the pass
    and btw how i will confirm the disc which is coming to my country is of which region ??
    To confirm - EU discs aren't compatible with USA DLC, and vise-versa. The code for the DLC will be in the PS Store. The code for the disc is, oddly enough, on the disc.

I'm not sure about Online Passes, they may be region-locked, someone else can confirm.

Register a US account and you can play the discounted games, free games, DLC etc on the UK account. The only stuff you won't be able to use are Avatars and Cloud Storage - they're account-locked.

If you don't care about Cloud Storage and just want the PS+ games, you should have no problems.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    To confirm - EU discs aren't compatible with USA DLC, and vise-versa. The code for the DLC will be in the PS Store. The code for the disc is, oddly enough, on the disc.

I'm not sure about Online Passes, they may be region-locked, someone else can confirm.

Register a US account and you can play the discounted games, free games, DLC etc on the UK account. The only stuff you won't be able to use are Avatars and Cloud Storage - they're account-locked.

If you don't care about Cloud Storage and just want the PS+ games, you should have no problems.

as i mentioned above i used my friend US account to download the uncharted pass it was done but when i logged back to my id and it was still asking for pass.....so what if i become + on US and download games or redeem code and it dont work on UK then it will b useles .. i dun care about avatars and cloud storage all i need is discounted pass and games which should work for me on UK network
    so if u r sure about that then confirm for me so i will download all the stuff from US coz its much cheaper for me then UK

Lvl 7 - Gold

You can't use your friend's id that used the pass that is registered to a different PS3.
    That only works for people sharing the same PS3 system.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    You can't use your friend's id that used the pass that is registered to a different PS3.
    That only works for people sharing the same PS3 system.
    no coz it worked for my friend ...he used his friend id .....u can download the same file in 5 different PS's .....and one of guy over here told me this technique coz he used the same thing ...used his friend id on his PS
    i think its region locked thats y may b ...but not sure

illegal in 9 countries

as i mentioned above i used my friend US account to download the uncharted pass it was done but when i logged back to my id and it was still asking for pass.....so what if i become + on US and download games or redeem code and it dont work on UK then it will b useles .. i dun care about avatars and cloud storage all i need is discounted pass and games which should work for me on UK network
    so if u r sure about that then confirm for me so i will download all the stuff from US coz its much cheaper for me then UK
    I buy games on the US PS Store and play them on my AU account for the same reason - it's much cheaper. I can also play AU PS+ games on the US account with no problem. As long as the PSN account of the buyer remains on the same PS3, you should be fine.

The only potential issues are Online Passes which I don't use as I buy my games new so I can't confirm, and DLC which is region-locked. Buying US DLC and playing a US disc on a UK account however, will not be an issue.