Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lasombra Files Episode 21: Riddle Me This

This is a discussion on Lasombra Files Episode 21: Riddle Me This within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This thing is half full now. Any idea what’s going to happen when it breaks? I am guessing nothing good ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Lasombra Files Episode 21: Riddle Me This

This thing is half full now. Any idea what’s going to happen when it breaks? I am guessing nothing good and might result in a time paradox that not only would make the collective DC and Marvel universes seem like a kid’s jigsaw puzzle in comparison, but shatter the current time continuum and form some kind of anti-continuum in its place. At least you’re not prego anymore. Thud! Doctor, nurse, someone, I think there is blood in my stool now. Why are you dressed like Wonder Woman anyways? And why am I Cyclopes? No one actually likes him. Find out true believers where the next adventure takes us in Episode 21: Riddle Me This. Why couldn’t I be Guardian or Captain Marvel, but Cyclopes? It could be worse, I could be independent.

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewee with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

Name:
    Timeless-Enigma

Lasombra: When did you start gaming?

Time: I started gaming at about the age of 10. I believe my first gaming experience was an Amiga Commodore A500. My dad brought it brand new and it had Batman included with it.

Lasombra: How did you choose your PSN name?

Time: Basically one of my favourite musicians is Michael Cretu who is the man behind the musical project know as Enigma. I used the name Enigma and added timeless to it because I find his music is something I can always listen to and enjoy anytime. If for any reason you would prefer a more elaborate reason for me choosing my PSN name, look no further. Basically my PSN name is about how I created the Enigma machine and code during World War I and II. Happy now?

Lasombra: What motivated you to become a trophy hunter? What was your initial spark?

Time: I didn’t start with any intention of becoming a trophy hunter. My initial spark was actually due to the fact that trophies were popping up on the screen after trophy support had been introduced. Curiosity just took over and the next thing I knew I was interested in trophies and started my trophy collection.

Lasombra: Are you a trophy hunter, platinum hunter, or a specific hunter? (Example: All GoW game hunter)

Time: I would definitely consider myself a trophy hunter now. I factor trophies into my decision to purchase a game. However I only play games I know I will enjoy. Also I don’t have a specific or set criteria for getting platinum trophies. I still play what I want to play and then I earn the plat for the game.

Lasombra: How many hours do you dedicate to trophy hunting?

Time: On average it could be between 2 - 8 hours a day. So quite a lot of time really. Some days I won’t play games at all because I have other things to do.

Lasombra: What motivates you to go for that next trophy? How do you stay motivated after a long gaming session, particularly with grinding trophies?

Time: My motivation for trophies is based on how much I enjoy gaming. Most of the time I don’t need too much motivation to earn trophies because 99% of the time I am enjoying the games I play.

Lasombra: Have you ever gone through any burnout from your sessions?

Time: I usually play in 2 - 3 hour sessions. I never really play longer than this unless a specific trophy requires a longer session.

Lasombra: What is your proudest platinum? Why? Was it your hardest?

Time: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is my proudest plat because it was damn hard to earn and I put a lot of time and effort into achieving it. It is a platinum trophy that sometimes I still cannot believe I have earned.

Lasombra: Do you have a trophy goal for the year? If so, how far are you along in it?

Time: Well I am aiming for 50 platinum trophies by the end of the year. So far I have earned 12 plats this year which is quite a lot considering most of the games I got the plats for are time consuming and quite tough plats. If I continue at this rate, I should easily hit 50 plats by 2013.

Lasombra: Do you believe gamers should be allowed to make trophy hunting teams? Why or why not?

Time: No because personally I think trophy hunting is a personal statement of a single gamer. The trophies I have earned give a good picture of the kind of gamer I am and what games I enjoy playing. If I let other gamers use my profile or I earn platinum trophies for other gamers, it becomes meaningless.

Lasombra: Do you think Sony should create a world database with every user’s PSN trophy info for all to see? Why or why not?

Time: Probably not after the last incident involving Sony and a large database. This site and plenty others offer this service, so why would Sony bother?

Lasombra: What tips do you have for someone trying to reach the next level and going after a difficult platinum?

Time: Always play games that you will enjoy. Never play games with a focus solely on earning a higher trophy level. If going for a difficult platinum trophy make sure you can actually achieve it. Check out the game before even attempting it by looking at the appropriate guide on PS3trophies.com.

Lasombra: Regardless of the system, what pre-trophy game would you auto-buy if it was released on the PS3 with trophy support?

Time: Assassin’s Creed, Heavenly Sword, The Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion, Devil May Cry
    4, Soul Calibur IV. From the xbox360 I would probably say Gears Of War and the Halo games.

Lasombra: Have you played any games you didn't think were fun, but kept grinding through it for the trophies anyways? If so what was your motivation to do it?

Time: All the games I play, I enjoy. There are times when earning the platinum trophy for a game can become a chore. For example, heavy rain is a great game but earning the platinum trophy for the game was painful. Some parts of the FFXIII platinum were a grind which tested even my patience. The Dead Rising 2 trophy which requires 72000 zombies kills in the 72 hour game limit was tedious and not only a grind but against the clock. I attempted that a few times before finally completing it. If I don't like the look of a game or it doesn't appeal to me then I will avoid it. My trophy list is a good reflection of the type of games I like and because I am in the PPS, I tend to be picky about what I play. (Editor’s Note: PPS=Perfect Platinum Streak club)

Lasombra: Do you find yourself playing more games in general and/or more different games you wouldn't have thought you'd have originally played because of the introduction of trophies?

Time: Trophies have opened me up to so many more games, it is unbelievable! Before trophy support I was extremely selective about what games I would purchase and I would mostly play RPG's. Through a combination of trophies and this site, I have been playing so many more different and varied games. Trophies give me a reason to play games that I wouldn't normally be bothered to purchase.

Lasombra: There are lots and lots of rumours about the Playstation 4. Would you want your current PSN trophy card to extend to the PS4, or would you rather have to start fresh and separate PS3 trophies from PS4 trophies?

Time: I want my current PSN profile to carry on over to the PS4. I don't see why my profile shouldn't carry on over? After all, it is only new hardware... games will always be games. I do want to see improvements for trophies on the PS4 in regards to syncing trophies and the speed at which trophies are viewable on PSN.

Lasombra: What are your most favourite and least favourite kind of trophies to collect? (Example: Collectibles, Kill X of something, Clear Stage X, etc)

Time: My favourite kinds of trophies are skill related trophies that require gaming skill, for example, the challenges trophy on Vanquish and the Team Mission trophies on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. My least favourite trophies are killing x amount of enemies and online trophies that are incredibly difficult to earn without boosting.

Lasombra: Exhales deeply You are the 50th Brit to be interviewed on the site. Do you get a chance to hang out or game with any of the other British guys and girls on the site?

Time: Unfortunately I don't actually know anyone on this site in real life but I would like to think that most people on the forums don't mind me hanging around. I have gamed with a few members on this site, for either trophies or just for fun. I was playing with 'Triptent' a while ago playing UC3 online. I also played a lot of Dead Island with 'bnecker717' and we played the hell out of the co-op arena.

Lasombra: Do you think at the rate more and more Brits are coming to the site that the domain should change to .co.uk? Does the Queen have plans to colonize the site?

I am not too bothered with having the site as either .com or .co.uk. The main thing is that this site is up and running and there is always a future for it. I am not sure about the Queen trying to colonize the site? Next time I am gaming with her online, I will send her a message via PSN and try to find out.

Okay, so I think I finally know what is happening. Are you listening V? Good, okay, so this is some crazy Japanese RPG where we have to fulfill some bizarre requirement or else get stuck with some bad ending, but we have no clue what we are supposed to do. I’d rather not spend another 10 episodes redoing this, so let’s get the secret ending on the first try. It could be worse though, we could be in Skyrim. I’d rather be Cyclopes and shoot myself in the face than get stuck in that game...thank you time shifting hour glass for becoming all shiny the moment I say that. Will we figure out what the bizarre requirement is before time runs out? Stay tuned in Episode 22: Ostentatiously Outrageous. Please no Skyrim, please no Skyrim, please no...Looks up...V, I don’t think we are in Scandinavia anymore.

Love it, Hate it, write in the comments below and be heard by the community.

Missed an episode? Check out the Back Issues. No monthly subscription fee either!

Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter
    @LasombraFiles
    Last edited by Lasombra; 10-08-2012 at 08:17 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Roo Commander

Las, you bloody legend this is going to aid my schemes against Timeless

Seriously though great interview yet again

Step closer to the big 50

Great interview Lasombra. Always cool to learn about Mr. Timeless.

I have no clue who's next in next week.

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Beast Incarnate

Another great interview Las, and awesome to find out more about Timeless.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Great interview. I have no clue for next week!

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Hater of Humans.....

excellent work as usual dood

"Plenty of time to sleep when im dead"

Crocodile Hunter

Great interview as usual las

Sig by Apokolypz

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

As ever, another great interview by Lasombra and great to get to know a little more about one of my fellow country men on here, england rules . Congrats on the interview Timeless and i definately agree with you about AC and Heavenly Sword having trophy support, now that would be

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Galaxy beauty pirate

Interesting interview. I like it how you choose your PSN name.
    You also have good taste in games and I like the variety in your games. Only thing missing is a music game.

Random Access Memories

Fantastic interview guys! Enjoyed learning a bit more about Timeless.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Kid, not loser

Great interview Las, Timeless certainly has been part of the site for awhile now, so it's nice to actually learn something about the guy.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

All out of bubblegum.....

Good read as always Lasombra and Timeless.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    As ever, another great interview by Lasombra and great to get to know a little more about one of my fellow country men on here, england rules . Congrats on the interview Timeless and i definately agree with you about AC and Heavenly Sword having trophy support, now that would be
    Thanks John. Yeah i would play both of those games again if trophy support was introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Interesting interview. I like it how you choose your PSN name.
    You also have good taste in games and I like the variety in your games. Only thing missing is a music game.
    Noooooooooooo!! Not a music game

No way i am standing in front of my LED TV and shaking my booty

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Fantastic interview guys! Enjoyed learning a bit more about Timeless.
    Well more about me in regards to gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Great interview Las, Timeless certainly has been part of the site for awhile now, so it's nice to actually learn something about the guy.
    I am not so enigmatic now that i have been interviewed by Lasombra

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Nice interview, Las and Timeless! I am so jealous of your NGS2 platinum, it is certainly an amazing achievement. Keep up the good work, and rock on! ^o^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

30STM 23/11/13

Awesome interview guys, great learning a little more about my favourite Feral bashing partner

Can't believe you did a whole interview without mentioning tea Timeless

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Nice interview, Las and Timeless! I am so jealous of your NGS2 platinum, it is certainly an amazing achievement. Keep up the good work, and rock on! ^o^
    Appreciate your recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Awesome interview guys, great learning a little more about my favourite Feral bashing partner

Can't believe you did a whole interview without mentioning tea Timeless
    Hey! I was drinking Tea while typing the interview. Does that count?

A plat a month!

Another great interview!

Timeless, I agree with you on the annoyance of online trophies that require boosting!

Its plugged into the wall

Aaah... Good ol' Timeless. This has been a nice read as usual Lasombra. It's always good to know about the guys on the site.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Awesome interview guys, I always love hearing what Timeless has to say! Las, that Queen question was fantastic.

I still think you should give LBP a chance!
    Time to storm Buckingham Palace me thinks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Another great interview!

Timeless, I agree with you on the annoyance of online trophies that require boosting!
    I think quite a few gamers will agree that online trophies that require boosting are annoying

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Aaah... Good ol' Timeless. This has been a nice read as usual Lasombra. It's always good to know about the guys on the site.
    You make me sound like the forum old man

Quote Originally Posted by MrFudge View Post
    Awesome interview guys, I always love hearing what Timeless has to say! Las, that Queen question was fantastic.

I still think you should give LBP a chance!
    Time to storm Buckingham Palace me thinks!
    LMAO....god save the queen

(LBP nope ain't gonna happen)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast