Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is Gamestop really going to close?

This is a discussion on Is Gamestop really going to close? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 gamestop will go out of buisness eventually in the next few years thanks to the death ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    gamestop will go out of buisness eventually in the next few years thanks to the death of brick and mortar stores.
    people have been saying that since 1993 when the internet started taking off.
    Sorry, there will always be B&M stores.

дурак

Holy shit, so much trolling, and so much stupidity in this thread.

Do you mind if I put my lawn chair right here, take a load off, and enjoy all this?

Ahem.

Continue.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    people have been saying that since 1993 when the internet started taking off.
    Sorry, there will always be B&M stores.
    actually gamestop notices this is happening, this is why they might be planning to go back to retro games and expanding into DLC/Digital downloading.

GameStop CEO details progress of vintage game sale initiative | Joystiq

they realize they are obsolete.

PRO Member

Even still...nothing beats a physical copy...nothing.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    as a EB (Gamestop) owner let me put some light on this subject:

Yes, they are considering making the new consoles games: download only because of preowned games

But in NO way are we going to close down.

What will happen is, we will still get the game cases instore but instead of a disc being inside the case it will be the PSN Code, as not everyone has a Credit Card or a Visa Debit Card. So it would be stupid to only make titles available on PSN.

your friend has a shit mustache from speaking too much shit
    The reason I don't like download only is because I don't have unlimited internet, I have very limited internet, so I can't download games because it takes up too much internet.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    The PS4 is already out and it seems to take discs, so I wouldn't worry about it.

There is only one thing that makes it seem to be fake, it is that it says it is 80 GB when sony said it was going to be 1 Terabyte.

Sig by Bladia

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    No, he's telling the truth. I got to play it for a bit cause my cousin's uncle works for Sony. It's soooo awesome!
    Your cousin's uncle eh…why not just say "my uncle" or "my dad"? (Think it through...you'll catch up.) They've got more pull than "my friend" and my dad reckons the OP's friend is an idiot.

Don't believe any rumours or speculation regarding the next generation of consoles. You can rest assured they will not be download-only nor will GameStop go out of business any time soon.

The PSP Go epic fail taught Sony there is not a market for download-only products. Digital distribution is an adjunct to bricks and mortar, not a replacement.

Maybe in 25-30 years when the every household in the world is connected via fiber-optic, but not next generation, nor the one after that, but maybe the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Think logically here. Can Sony and Microsoft really afford not to have discs play on their system, used and new. Gamestop is the largest video game distribution service in the world. Do you really figure that Gamestop would sell the PS4 and Xbox720 if they did not play discs or used games? That is where Gamestop makes all of their profit after all. Sony and Microsoft could not afford to take this chance.
    This is the interwebs, not a place for your fancy "logical thinking". My friend told me, so it must be true. Take your practical sensibilities offline where they belong!

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Your cousin's uncle eh…why not just say "my uncle" or "my dad"? (Think it through...you'll catch up.) They've got more pull than "my friend" and my dad reckons the OP's friend is an idiot.

Don't believe any rumours or speculation regarding the next generation of consoles. You can rest assured they will not be download-only nor will GameStop go out of business any time soon.

The PSP Go epic fail taught Sony there is not a market for download-only products. Digital distribution is an adjunct to bricks and mortar, not a replacement.

Maybe in 25-30 years when the every household in the world is connected via fiber-optic, but not next generation, nor the one after that, but maybe the one after that.

This is the interwebs, not a place for your fancy "logical thinking". My friend told me, so it must be true. Take your practical sensibilities offline where they belong!
    I did that on purpose, it was meant to make it sound stupider/less truthful.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    I did that on purpose, it was meant to make it sound stupider/less truthful.
    My friend told my dad to tell you, it worked.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by skatingsam96 View Post
    There is only one thing that makes it seem to be fake, it is that it says it is 80 GB when sony said it was going to be 1 Terabyte.
    didnt notice the 4 taped over the 3 thats in a different font than the word playstation, or perhaps the ripples from the bad pasting job on the picture of the console itself?

worlds biggest welch fan

If thats true then there goes a few jobs for peps in the Game Stop world.

but it's most likely not.......
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by skatingsam96 View Post
    It's actually the early launch model. Like a "testing the water" version for those of us who can't afford to buy the 1TB right off the bat. A friend of mine got the same boxed version as the kid in the video had and had a few of us over to play a demo disc that came with the system of next-gen games that will be released at full-launch. Trust me, that video is anything but fake! Judging by my own hands-on time with the 80GB model at my friend's place, it's going to really make everyone's heads spin.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    It's actually the early launch model. Like a "testing the water" version for those of us who can't afford to buy the 1TB right off the bat. A friend of mine got the same boxed version as the kid in the video had and had a few of us over to play a demo disc that came with the system of next-gen games that will be released at full-launch. Trust me, that video is anything but fake! Judging by my own hands-on time with the 80GB model at my friend's place, it's going to really make everyone's heads spin.
    Wow, I guess you have convinced me that it is real. Since you said it came with a demo disc I am guessing it will be disc based, that's awesome!

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 5 - Silver

Your friend is a fucking idiot. Not only are Sony and Microsoft not forward-thinking enough to go download only, but GameStop would just sell game codes instead of selling actual games. I hope next gen is download only, but I highly doubt it will be.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Your friend is a fucking idiot. Not only are Sony and Microsoft not forward-thinking enough to go download only, but GameStop would just sell game codes instead of selling actual games. I hope next gen is download only, but I highly doubt it will be.
    Why? I can understand wanting Sony and Microsoft to really push digital titles, have all the latest titles on the store and at discounted prices, but you have to realize there are millions of people who aren't able to get highspeed internet and a download only console would fuck them. I, unfortunately, and one of those people who can't get highspeed internet where I live and it is a pain in the ass to download anything from the PSN, especially games that are multiple gb's in size.

I do hope both next gen consoles have something similar to Steam in that you can pre-load the games onto the HDD because that would make a lot of the internet issues better, but I still don't think that is enough to alienate all the gamers with shitty internet. I think we have a few more generations to go through before we have a download only console.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123