Report: New PlayStation 3 Model Announcement Imminent

This is a discussion on Report: New PlayStation 3 Model Announcement Imminent within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Is a cheaper, sleeker and smaller PS3 right around the corner? Way back in July, we brought you word of ...

PRO Member

Report: New PlayStation 3 Model Announcement Imminent

Is a cheaper, sleeker and smaller PS3 right around the corner?

Way back in July, we brought you word of a new PlayStation 3 model that was purportedly leaked in documents Sony provided to the Brazilian government in order to get it officially certified. That report – based on documents found by Tecnoblog -- indicated that the new PS3 model, seen in the picture below, would come in three models: 250 GB, 500 GB and an exceptionally small 16 GB model.

Now, a posting at Polish website Polygamia, discovered by The Sixth Axis, indicates that the Tecnoblog may have indeed been accurate.
    The Polish website’s story indicates that a 12 GB model, close to the rumored 16 GB model, will retail in Poland for €199 ($262). A 500 GB model will follow for €299 ($393). Polygamia refers to a memo sent to stores that says that this new model will be available beginning September 27th, though the pictured advertisement says September 29th.

After the initial leak of this new PS3 model in July, it was expected that it would be revealed at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany last month, but it wasn’t so. Tokyo Game Show now seems to be the likely culprit for a reveal; we’ll have to wait until Sony’s TGS press conference, which occurs on Tuesday, September 18th at 9pm PT, to find out if our new prediction is accurate.
    This model of PlayStation 3 would technically be the third major refresh of the console since its launch in 2006. The “fat” PS3 model was prevalent through most of 2009. The “slim” model, introduced in 2009, has been the mainstay PS3 ever since.
    We’ve reached out to Sony for official comment, clarification and confirmation and will update when we hear back.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Rangers F.C

The only reason I got a slim was my fatboy broke , so only reason I would get this is the same . Wish they would put there time into next gen rather than this gen with a facelift

INTJ

and an exceptionally small 16 GB model.
    so now that you people in this thread bashed on a wii u having twice the space as this how are you going to defend this?

you still have to pay more for more space.

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so now that you people in this thread bashed on a wii u having twice the space as this how are you going to defend this?

you still have to pay more for more space.
    It would have to be really cheap to justify 16GB. Like $150 cheap. Even then I still wouldn't get it.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    The only reason I got a slim was my fatboy broke , so only reason I would get this is the same . Wish they would put there time into next gen rather than this gen with a facelift
    This, and if it's cheaper than the slim. No use spending more for a different model unless it's actually has a rare chance of YLOD.

INTJ

(a guy above me removed his post showing official pics of it)

god what a ugly piece of shit. it looks worse then a Sega genesis tower.

whoever designed that ridged shit should be shot. if that wasn't there it would actually look good.

when you design a console Minimalism and simple looking is #1, It's why the Xbox Redesign looks better then the old one and why apple gets so much money shoved down their throat.
    Last edited by Ps360; 09-19-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

whoever designed that ridged shit should be shot. if that wasn't there it would actually look good.

when you design a console Minimalism and simple looking is #1, It's why the Xbox Redesign looks better then the old one and why apple gets so much money shoved down their throat.

It still looks better than the Atari Jaguar e_e

INTJ

also the vita is apparently getting 3DS Smut game Senran Kagura Burst

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/18...eaded-to-vita/

Negator

also the vita is apparently getting 3DS Smut game Senran Kagura Burst

Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Senran Kagura, Valhalla Knights 3 Headed To Vita | Siliconera
    I'm sure there was a point to that link...but I can't find it over VAL-FUCKING-HALLA KNIGHTS 3.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'm sure there was a point to that link...but I can't find it over VAL-FUCKING-HALLA KNIGHTS 3.
    well since this is news from TGS i guess it was fitting to put TGS related news in here too.

Rangers F.C

whoever designed that ridged shit should be shot.
    Yeah its not an improvement on the slim , the slim much better looking

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

if the release of the Ps4 is supposed to be within the coming years or whatever, what's the point in doing this? aside from gaining more money of course. With the release of this then, does that mean the Ps4 won't be released for a while or so?. If you were to buy one of these and then a couple of years down the line the Ps4 is released, wouldn't you be a bit pissed and a 16gb hard drive aswell? Is there really any point at all?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    if the release of the Ps4 is supposed to be within the coming years or whatever, what's the point in doing this? aside from gaining more money of course. With the release of this then, does that mean the Ps4 won't be released for a while or so?. If you were to buy one of these and then a couple of years down the line the Ps4 is released, wouldn't you be a bit pissed and a 16gb hard drive aswell? Is there really any point at all?
    A think they putting out the 16GB versions to try and get more off-line customers and developing countries customers which don't have access to the net , they won't need a lot of space for downloads and this version will be cheap ......I think