Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Unboxing new superslim PS3 [Gamespot]

This is a discussion on Unboxing new superslim PS3 [Gamespot] within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't like the sliding cover for this new model. Way too prone to collecting dust; you never know how ...

  1. #41
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    I don't like the sliding cover for this new model. Way too prone to collecting dust; you never know how much dust can get in in the few seconds you open the cover each time. The dust furs protecting your disk loader in the current Slim is way better, thank you. Well, maybe it is what Anti says above: maybe a ploy to make the PS4 more attractive. Who knows? ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  2. #42
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Me too, I'm going to buy a 320GB right now.

    Who the fuck tested this design? Did they flick a couple of hobos a sandwich and call it "market research"?

    I honestly think there's an ulterior motive at play with this design. Make it look clunky and unattractive to help launch the PS4 with a bang. I'm expecting the design and materials to be more akin to the Slim than the Fatty at launch, so lower aesthetic expectations will help PS4 launch sales.

    I'm also guessing the PS4 is ramping up in the background, we'll see it late next year. There's just no other excuse for poor industrial design for this model, considering it'll do nothing but damage the brand.
    Good question. I think they were just being a bunch of fags and they didn't want to spend money on a good design that didn't hurt one's eyes.

    I'm not sure if the PS4 will be announced next year, but with the Wii U's launch and it being the transition between this gen and the next, they are indeed pressuring Sony and Microsoft to launch their next consoles.

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    That's fucking awful.

    If you've got a Fatty, go out and buy a Slim, now, before they disappear.
    Would rather keep my Fat PS3 and get it fixed over and over before buying this shit or the other shit .

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  3. #43
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Would rather keep my Fat PS3 and get it fixed over and over before buying this shit or the other shit .
    I just bought a 250GB Slim online as a backup. So that makes 4 PS3's...yes, there is something wrong with me. Truth be told, it's only the 2nd I've paid for - the other two came free with TVs.

    The Slim's a lot quieter, more reliable and more kid-friendly than my Fatties. It also does some HDMI crossover magic with my Bravia TV that my Fatties can't. And to be honest, the Slim just plain looks better with the setup I have in the lounge-room. I can see my daughter loading toast and pouring milk into the new model, so that's a definite no-sale.

    Also, for those in the know, the 250GB model will be more valuable for resale than the 320GB. It's the same reason you'll pay more for a PS3 with OFW 3.55 . So go for a 250GB or even a 120GB ahead of the 320GB / 160GB if you want to make some profit out of the deal in years to come.

    A 60GB Fatty still holds a high resell value relative to all other PS3 models. I'm expecting the 250GB to follow a similar path once the new model comes out .

  4. #44
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I just bought a 250GB Slim online as a backup. So that makes 4 PS3's...yes, there is something wrong with me. Truth be told, it's only the 2nd I've paid for - the other two came free with TVs.

    The Slim's a lot quieter, more reliable and more kid-friendly than my Fatties. It also does some HDMI crossover magic with my Bravia TV that my Fatties can't. And to be honest, the Slim just plain looks better with the setup I have in the lounge-room. I can see my daughter loading toast and pouring milk into the new model, so that's a definite no-sale.

    Also, for those in the know, the 250GB model will be more valuable for resale than the 320GB. It's the same reason you'll pay more for a PS3 with OFW 3.55 . So go for a 250GB or even a 120GB ahead of the 320GB / 160GB if you want to make some profit out of the deal in years to come.

    A 60GB Fatty still holds a high resell value relative to all other PS3 models. I'm expecting the 250GB to follow a similar path once the new model comes out .
    I can see why many would buy "old" Slim models to resell them for a profit, but if I happened to buy one it'd be to use it (for games, movies, music or whatever) so there's really no need for me at this point to buy another PS3, specially considering I can fix my fat PS3 at least 7 more times with the money I'd spend on a new Slim.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  5. #45
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I can see why many would buy "old" Slim models to resell them for a profit, but if I happened to buy one it'd be to use it (for games, movies, music or whatever) so there's really no need for me at this point to buy another PS3, specially considering I can fix my fat PS3 at least 7 more times with the money I'd spend on a new Slim.
    Your Fatty is already coughing up a bit of blood and saying repeatedly, "Forget about me and chase your dreams, or rather that new girl down the block. Go get that Slim!". Worth every penny, I tell ya.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  6. #46
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Your Fatty is already coughing up a bit of blood and saying repeatedly, "Forget about me and chase your dreams, or rather that new girl down the block. Go get that Slim!". Worth every penny, I tell ya.
    It's seen the (yellow) light twice already, and it's still alive and kicking, so the new Slim down the block can go to hell for all I care .

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  7. #47
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It's seen the (yellow) light twice already, and it's still alive and kicking, so the new Slim down the block can go to hell for all I care .
    That's what I thought, then the third one decided to roll in. ;_;

  8. #48
    MK Plat = Overrated


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    551
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It's seen the (yellow) light twice already, and it's still alive and kicking, so the new Slim down the block can go to hell for all I care .
    If you've got YLOD twice, you aren't either a) repairing it correctly or b) getting the right person to repair it. It should last a good 4-6 years after the first repair.

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Your Fatty is already coughing up a bit of blood and saying repeatedly, "Forget about me and chase your dreams, or rather that new girl down the block. Go get that Slim!". Worth every penny, I tell ya.
    Fatties are the best. I have a launch model. That beast will eat your slim and the "new" slim for breakfast then ask for a marathon gaming session. Besides, you can't beat all of the options the fatties have. The card readers and USB slots alone make it worth more than either slim.

    The newest model looks like you could fart on it and it'll break. Also, those lasers are pretty sensitive to dust. That disk door is a giant invitation for dust to come make a home. Sony, what were you thinking?


  9. #49
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,057
    Reputation
    178

    I gave my fatty to my step-brother and its still working as far as i know, ive got 2 slims atm and never had a problem with them....although 1 controller keeps fucking up

    Sig by Apokolypz



  10. #50
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    The european 12 GB model does not have a internal replacement. can only upgrade by usb externals.

    aka sony fans can't complain about the wii u 32 GB internal.

  11. #51
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    If you've got YLOD twice, you aren't either a) repairing it correctly or b) getting the right person to repair it. It should last a good 4-6 years after the first repair.
    That's not necessarilly true. Every fix is, to my knowledge, temporal, and how long it lasts depends on many different factors, like the humidity of where the thing is, how much you use it, how much dust can get inside it, etc. I've never known of a YLOD fix that lasts 4-5 years either, so I can't help but feel skeptical and call bullshit lol.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  12. #52
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Fatties are the best. I have a launch model. That beast will eat your slim and the "new" slim for breakfast then ask for a marathon gaming session. Besides, you can't beat all of the options the fatties have. The card readers and USB slots alone make it worth more than either slim.
    My Fat 60 (640GB HDD) sounds like a jet engine in comparison to the Slim. I'm afraid to turn it on for more than an hour or two and I can't watch movies on it because of the noise.

    My Fat 80 (320GB
    HDD) is good to go, is relatively quiet and cops an absolute flogging. It's my workhorse primarily because I prefer gaming from a desk and it can stand on its side next to my PC on the floor.

    My Slim 120 (320GB HDD) looks really tidy in my second lounge, much better than the Fatty. I didn't think it was possible, but the profile and matte finish really tie off the setup. Bravia Sync helps too - I can drive my PS3 from my TV remote, so it's used mostly for video streaming.

    A $20 USB hub with card reader solves the port problem I think I've got about 10 USB devices daisy-chained from one PS3 port.

    Given the scale of my PS3 game collection, I bought the second Slim as an insurance policy...I'll still be working my way through my collection in a decade or two and I'm NOT buying that ugly piece of shit new PS3.

  13. #53
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Given the scale of my PS3 game collection, I bought the second Slim as an insurance policy...I'll still be working my way through my collection in a decade or two.
    *Nagflar looks at ant1's PS3 collection.

    More like a century .

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  14. #54
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    *Nagflar looks at ant1's PS3 collection.

    More like a century .
    At the rate I'm playing them, make it a millennium.

  15. #55
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    At the rate I'm playing them, make it a millennium.
    And then the Steambox comes along and that time becomes a..... what? Might as well cryo-freeze your PS3's and send them off into a space colony for your 3000-generation descendants to promptly say, "That is junk!". At least, join us for some Borderlands 2 fun within the next few weeks before then.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  16. #56
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    leatherface000's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, HELLifornia
    Posts
    221
    Reputation
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The european 12 GB model does not have a internal replacement. can only upgrade by usb externals.

    aka sony fans can't complain about the wii u 32 GB internal.
    of course i'm not gonna complain, cause i'm not buying a Wii U.

  17. #57
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    26

    Lol @ this new model. I can see kids snapping the disk cover and for some reason it just looks cheaper. I'll stick with my 80GB fatty but considering getting a slim for insurance...


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  18. #58
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    elnath10's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    175
    Reputation
    2

    Now that you mention it, it won't be a bad idea getting a normal 320GB ps3 slim before they dissappear, would be cheaper and better than this

    I still have my 80Gb fat normal PS3 working since the last 4 years... but just for not getting without any console, just in case.



    "Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."


  19. #59
    Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<
    FancyJesse's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    848
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by elnath10 View Post
    Actually no... I meant the $399 because in my country they always sell things more expensive as in US or other places... latinamerica have that in common... that new PS3 won't be costing less than 5,000 MXN pesos, that's around 399 dolars (390 US dollars exactly).
    ahhh, should've checked your location. I understand now. I'm Mexican. xD
    It's just a flesh wound.

  20. #60
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    Lol @ this new model. I can see kids snapping the disk cover and for some reason it just looks cheaper. I'll stick with my 80GB fatty but considering getting a slim for insurance...
    it looks cheaper because it is cheaper.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO