Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unboxing new superslim PS3 [Gamespot]

This is a discussion on Unboxing new superslim PS3 [Gamespot] within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have no problem with this cover. I actually hate the slot loader on the PS3/Wii models. Always worried about ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have no problem with this cover. I actually hate the slot loader on the PS3/Wii models. Always worried about breaking it by not doing it properly.

Plus, ease of moving the disc out come some unnatural occurrence. *ahem*

Knowing me, I would rig it so it would work with the tray disconnected from any mechanical linkages that automatically open/close it.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If I wasn't convincing myself that I want a WiiU I totally would get this. I like the top loading, I don't know why but I really do.
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=34388

Everyone please donate to Extra Life if you can spare the money. It's a great cause.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I personally don't like it as much as the other 2. But it is small, I will give it that. I would have preferred them to try and make a cheap model which could drop below $200.

Galaxy beauty pirate

I seem to be one of the few people who actually like this new version of the PS3. Imo it doesn't look better than my 80GB fatty, but it looks a lot better than the current slim.
    I also take good care of my belongings and I will be the only one who will touch it (for now) , so I'm not afraid of breaking it. If I had kids, I wouldn't buy it either. I'll probably buy it when I get ylod.
    Sig by Ramon

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I seem to be one of the few people who actually like this new version of the PS3.

Why Artemis......WHY!!???

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I seem to be one of the few people who actually like this new version of the PS3. Imo it doesn't look better than my 80GB fatty, but it looks a lot better than the current slim.
    I also take good care of my belongings and I will be the only one who will touch it (for now) , so I'm not afraid of breaking it. If I had kids, I wouldn't buy it either. I'll probably buy it when I get ylod.
    Well I do take much care about my belongings too, everything that I've got still works fine, including my 4 1/2 year old fat 80gb ps3... but if somemthing happens to it, I prefer to by the slim with 320gb rather than this one, the only thing I like of this new superslim is the 500gb HDD, other than that.. I prefer the slim. That glossy style is just... uggly

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by elnath10 View Post
    Well I do take much care about my belongings too, everything that I've got still works fine, including my 4 1/2 year old fat 80gb ps3... but if somemthing happens to it, I prefer to by the slim with 320gb rather than this one, the only thing I like of this new superslim is the 500gb HDD, other than that.. I prefer the slim. That glossy style is just... uggly
    But the 80GB fatty is also glossy. That's one of the reasons why I like this version as well.
    My 80GB is almost 4 years old. Good to see that yours is still going strong. I hope mine will be doing fine as well for a while.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I actually liked the Fat PS3 mine got the ylod but I have no scratches on it cause whenever I took it to my girlfriend's house I wore gloves to put it in the box. I would only buy a new one if it was a different colour then black and I hope that they will keep making the regular slim cause the ultra slim one doesn't look appealing with the slide cover. I'd rather have a hinged cover like the PS1.HMMMMM Here's a thought how'sa about SONY making a retro PS3 in the old school PS1 outer shell.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It has probably been done before. But I am not certain that heatsink/fan combo will fit. I mean, you take that out, and you take out 80% of the matter and mass of the unit.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Threat

I also think it's pretty cool.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Local Drunk

Don't like the look of it at all and the disc tray is kinda retarted

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Don't like the look of it at all and the disc tray is kinda retarted
    It's not good is it

Lvl 8 - Gold

this disc tray is better than the slot in my opinion,i have no idea why people are bashing it,if it did mess up you can still play your system,if the slot on the previous models break you are screwed.I have a 3yr old son and my biggest concern with the current model is that he is going to start feeding it discs and jam it up.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Absolutely not getting this unless my Slim shits the bed. Sorry but this version of the PS3 looks awful!!!

PRO Member

No thanks :stare:

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

I do not like this model at all. If my slim hits the dust, I'll have to somehow find another slim. The only good thing is 500gb harddrive. The disc tray is pathetic and archaic.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Terrible, the disc tray is awful, to get a disc out if your Ps3 takes a crap on the slim models is to turn the disc removal screw on the bottom clockwise. Way to small. And everything looks like it will fall apart in about a month. Doesnt even look like it can stand a small drop if it was ever dropped on the floor. I be sticking to my slim for now, the the disc autofeed slot is a lot better. You can move the ps3 without having to worry anout the disc popping out a ruining it.

Alls I know is that I am not buying this one unless I truly have to. When my Slim takes a crap

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    this disc tray is better than the slot in my opinion,i have no idea why people are bashing it,if it did mess up you can still play your system,if the slot on the previous models break you are screwed.I have a 3yr old son and my biggest concern with the current model is that he is going to start feeding it discs and jam it up.
    With the tray comes a higher risk of a scratched disc where you have the current slot that holds the disc narrow the chances of scratches. Plus there is the dust issue most people are forgetting.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    With the tray comes a higher risk of a scratched disc where you have the current slot that holds the disc narrow the chances of scratches. Plus there is the dust issue most people are forgetting.
    never had a dust problem with the numerous cd players i've owned,no dust problems with my ps1 or ps2 and as far as scratcing the disc thats highly unlikely unless your trying to scratch it,it isn't that easy to scratch a blu ray disc.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    never had a dust problem with the numerous cd players i've owned,no dust problems with my ps1 or ps2 and as far as scratcing the disc thats highly unlikely unless your trying to scratch it,it isn't that easy to scratch a blu ray disc.
    Maybe it depends on the kind of zone where you live, there are cities where dust is an issue more than others, like mine for example, I live in a city located in a geographic desertical zone, with that extreme weather, and with the "dust rains" as we call them here, you always have dust everywhere, you might clean up your home one day, and the next one you wake up and you can see some dusty sensation even on the floor, so you have to protect your electronic devices with covers. Fortunatelly in my case I haven't had problems with dust either, but it might have happened to someone..

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast