Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unboxing new superslim PS3 [Gamespot]

This is a discussion on Unboxing new superslim PS3 [Gamespot] within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; EW ....... (short comment)....

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

EW....... (short comment).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Banned

"Smaller is Better" said the Sony Executive to the lonely man.
    The lonely man smiled.

PRO Member

Yeah, not the best design, and with that slide cover, it would be awkward if you wanted to stand the unit up on it's side like you easily can with the other ones. Also being thinner, it would probably be easier to knock over, especially now loading discs, so I'm not even sure if Sony wants people to be doing that.

Oh well, not too concerned really, since my 2009 slim is working just fine.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Haha, I feel better now... After hearing about this new superslim, I got slim-envy. But after seeing this video clip, I am shocked that Sony decided to go with this silly design. Not to mention that the tray loader that some of you are calling it, isn't even a tray loader because there is no bloody tray! It is such a stupid design!

When you slide open the plastic cover, everything is exposed to the world, including that expensive blu-ray laser. You are also forced to place the PS3 flat, because if you have it standing upright, you'll have to hold the back of the PS3 with one hand whilst gingerly pushing the disc onto the spindle with your other hand until it locks into place.

Also, can you have the disc spinning whilst the cover is left open? Because I can see lazy people not bothering with the hassle of closing it... I don't even want to think about all the things that could go wrong!

The beauty of a slot loader is that there are no exposed moving parts, and all the expensive stuff is safely housed beyond the slot. With this stupid design, there are exposed moving parts that will break (it's only a matter of time), and all of the expensive stuff is exposed meaning that they will be more prone to damage.

Man am I glad that I have a 250GB Slim!

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfranciz View Post
    Haha, I feel better now... After hearing about this new superslim, I got slim-envy. But after seeing this video clip, I am shocked that Sony decided to go with this silly design. Not to mention that the tray loader that some of you are calling it, isn't even a tray loader because there is no bloody tray! It is such a stupid design!

When you slide open the plastic cover, everything is exposed to the world, including that expensive blu-ray laser. You are also forced to place the PS3 flat, because if you have it standing upright, you'll have to hold the back of the PS3 with one hand whilst gingerly pushing the disc onto the spindle with your other hand until it locks into place.

Also, can you have the disc spinning whilst the cover is left open? Because I can see lazy people not bothering with the hassle of closing it... I don't even want to think about all the things that could go wrong!

The beauty of a slot loader is that there are no exposed moving parts, and all the expensive stuff is safely housed beyond the slot. With this stupid design, there are exposed moving parts that will break (it's only a matter of time), and all of the expensive stuff is exposed meaning that they will be more prone to damage.
    Couldn't agree more with your comments..

By the way, about the vertical standing position, Sony has published in this upcoming PS3 bundle a stand part for the PS3, and published this image:

That hole that the guy on the video was talking about was precisely for this

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345