Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There's no price drop for the new PS3 beacuse sony thinks you'll be mad

This is a discussion on There's no price drop for the new PS3 beacuse sony thinks you'll be mad within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Err...what? Sony's lost billions on their computer entertainment division for years. They're cutting cost in an ...

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Err...what?

Sony's lost billions on their computer entertainment division for years. They're cutting cost in an effort to get back to profitability. If they don't achieve that in the next few years, there's a very real threat of dropping out of the console market completely.
    Exactly why I don't mind them not dropping the price.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 4 - Silver

Why should we be mad about a price change after fucking 6 years!!!!!(5,6 or 7 whatever) but i do get mad when for example I bought SSX and then next week the game was fucking 50% and i hate that when the buyers who don't support the company first day get all the awesome shit when the game comes with a complete edition, itīs like they are saying screw you first day buyers.

Kid, not loser

Another thread made by PS360 that is taken way too seriously because PS360 looks at one little article or word and purposely takes it way out of proportion.

Sony WASN'T saying, "Hey, we know you don't want a price drop so you can save money, so we won't give it to you."

What they ACTUALLY were saying, or MEAN is, "Our consumers have no problem with the price point the system is at now. They want more content and value for the games they buy, and since the only way to get the value is to keep it at the same price. Keeping it at the same price point allows us to give and deliver to our consumers everything they really want. And if they really want that, we must give it to them this way, to deliver on their wants."

Yes, Sony is going to make better this way. But we will also.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's a truism in life and business that the consumer will always prefer that the products/services they are purchasing be at a lower price, if not free. But let's face reality: We aren't being given a choice between a lower price point and the current price point. We're being given the choice between the current price point and not having the product at all.

If you don't like the higher price point that Sony is putting on the new console, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. Whining that Sony's logic sucks, whining that you don't like how Sony is running their business.... that's simply whining for the sake of whining. Vote with your proverbial feet and refuse to support Sony and/or support their competitors, and maybe Sony will re-consider. But they're not about to change their ways because you're ptiching a fit.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Another thread made by PS360 that is taken way too seriously because PS360 looks at one little article or word and purposely takes it way out of proportion.

Sony WASN'T saying, "Hey, we know you don't want a price drop so you can save money, so we won't give it to you."

What they ACTUALLY were saying, or MEAN is, "Our consumers have no problem with the price point the system is at now. They want more content and value for the games they buy, and since the only way to get the value is to keep it at the same price. Keeping it at the same price point allows us to give and deliver to our consumers everything they really want. And if they really want that, we must give it to them this way, to deliver on their wants."

Yes, Sony is going to make better this way. But we will also.

You know, this is what I saw the article, or rather the quote, as saying right after I read it. However, like most wealthy XOs, they don't think about the words coming out of their mouths before they say it. They are so disconnected with reality, it's crazy. Just like some politicians here in the states, they say things that gets them in trouble because they don't understand how the normal man feels, thinks, acts, lives....yadda yadda yadda. For people who are suppose to be smart, they sure sound dumb...often.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    being that when the ps3 first came out every console they sold cost more to make than it sold for i think they have earned the right to make a profit,i wonder how much the wii u costs to make,im sure alot less than what it is selling for.
    I agree with this.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Rangers F.C

I do agree that Sony has the right to claw back the money they lost when they first released the PS3 but you would think by the domination of Bluray they will get there money back and then some . A don't mind paying a bit more for Sony cause they have never let me down and there products are always quality
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

worlds biggest welch fan

That's cool with me we live in A world of P & L
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

PRO Member

I imagine the reason they didn't drop the price on the older models is so people will buy the new slim. With the cheap plastic top and manual disc load, I'm sure its cheaper for Sony to make so they get a greater profit out of it. The increased hard drive space is also very cheap for Sony and it gives customers a bit more value.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    You're right, I'm not gonna buy a PS4, I'm gonna revert back to being a Nintendo fan and buy a Wii U.
    No don't stop being a Sony fan!!!! How would you play Sly 5 for PS4.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12