Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favourite Dead Space ?

This is a discussion on Favourite Dead Space ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Have recently had another failed attempt on Dead Space 2 Hardcore run and once I had quit was thinking which ...

Rangers F.C

Favourite Dead Space ?

Have recently had another failed attempt on Dead Space 2 Hardcore run and once I had quit was thinking which game in the series I was most impressed with , there is no doubt that both these games are amazing compared to some of the horse shit we get served up regularly but if you had to pick which would you go for ?

Its close but I would have to pick the original , and with the third instalment not too far away lets hope its another classic and going by the cool vid it will be awesome .

Negator

The original is hands-down my favorite in the series. I don't see the 3rd installment changing my decision.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

It has to be Dead Space Ignition for me, something about that game just pressed all the right buttons for me!

Angel of Death

I liked the original the best. Finished both the first two on the 360, now time for the Plats on the PS3.

Change is mediocre

First one for sure, I don't like how they made the second all actiony. 2 was still a great game, but the fans of the original aren't getting the same sort of game (which can be both good and bad).

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The original is hands-down my favorite in the series. I don't see the 3rd installment changing my decision.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 6 - Silver

I liked the first one more than the 2

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I've tried and tried with the first Dead Space but it just doesn't do it for me, Dead Space 2 is 90% brilliant, it's the final chapters of the game that spoil the party.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    I've tried and tried with the first Dead Space but it just doesn't do it for me, Dead Space 2 is 90% brilliant, it's the final chapters of the game that spoil the party.
    Man that's strange a was hooked on that game from the moment you set eyes on the Ishimura , did you play 2 first mate ?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The first one. one of my favorites...

No Game No Life

This is pretty much what I had in mind.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

PRO Member

I respect the fact that I can't have the second one without the first one, yet the Hand Cannon in the second one is straight up retarded and awesome.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Man that's strange a was hooked on that game from the moment you set eyes on the Ishimura , did you play 2 first mate ?

I started playing the first one not long after release and it didn't hook me in but i took that to be me playing too many different things at once, so i tried it again just before dead space 2 and enjoyed it to a degree but again, i felt little for it.

Dead Space 2 came out, i expected little but found myself surprised at the quality of it. I prefer Aliens over Alien and i think it's pretty much the same dynamic with those two games.

Oh and after Dead Space 2, i tried again with the first one and it just looked a bit wonky on some of the jumpy moments. Don't get me wrong, Dead Space is a solid game, just not my favoured blend of tea.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

dead space 2 for sure.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

First One, 2 is more epic, but the lack of boss fights is a handicap, Imposible mode is not even fun, its just a pain in the ass if dont have Dlcs
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”

Lvl 6 - Silver

This sums up how I feel.

PRO Member

I thought Dead Space 2 was miles better than the first. Haven't played Ignition

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The first one. It's the only one I played.

BRÜTAL Avy & Sig by dsluckay!

Game on....

I like dead space 2 slightly better than the first.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I have to say Dead Space 2 is probably my favorite. It's not scary but impressed me a lot with its beautiful design and the variety of situations you are in. The first one is also amazing but it got a little repetitive when it came to locations and the color palette used. Everything was either gore red, darkness black, depressing brown or walls gray. Hahaha.
    Extraction is pretty fun on co-op but the bosses were annoying. Lexine was the best thing of the game for me. She's a hottie and unlike most Dead Space chicks, not annoying.
    The movies are pretty cool but I don't like the art design, I don't know. The second one was pretty neat explaining Stross' story though.
    The graphic novel I liked very much because it's more realistic-looking and a bit more adult.
    The comic books were fun to read and again, backstory is always appreciated.

But I also have to say that the book, Dead Space Martyr, was amazing in my opinion. I loved the backstory and the ending is sad but at the same time kinda awesome. It made it all fit into place and made me hate Unitologists even more.
    Hopefully Dead Space 3 will not be a disappointment even though it became an action game just like RE6.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast