Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony to Support PS3 Until at Least 2015

This is a discussion on Sony to Support PS3 Until at Least 2015 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony's VP of hardware marketing John Koller has revealed the company will continue to support the PS3 until at least ...

Retired

Sony to Support PS3 Until at Least 2015

Sony's VP of hardware marketing John Koller has revealed the company will continue to support the PS3 until at least 2015 with a range of first-party content. "A lot of great content is coming," Koller suggested, continuing, "And over the next 2-3 years, the PS3 has got an incredible lineup."
    In an interview with Gamespot, Koller also said "We're going to continue supporting the PS3 for the next few years. Absolutely. And we're going to continue supporting it not only that long, but as long as there is a development spigot that's running hot. And I can tell you right now, the development spigot for PS3 is very hot. A lot of great games coming."
    Quite what these games may be remains a mystery, especially extending so far into the future, but it's interesting to ponder what this means in relation to when the PS4 will be released. It seems pretty likely that there's going to be some overlap between the PS3 and PS4 in terms of support, the question is for just how long?
    Let the speculation begin!
    Sony to Support PS3 Until at Least 2015 - IGN

Rangers F.C

If they release the PS4 and I get it a will drop the PS3 in two ticks just like I did the PS2 , to be honest if the PS4 plays the games its a win win situation but if they don't like a been hearing on the rumour mill it wont be a big deal , then a will still keep my PS3 . Am pretty much interested in best graphics and new tech , when the time comes a will say goodbye to PS3 and enjoy the new cool stuff on PS4 , lets be honest the PS3 is miles behind the power you can get in PC so a hope they announce a release date soon for PS4 , a think they will release it in the run up to 2013 Christmas
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    If they release the PS4 and I get it a will drop the PS3 in two ticks just like I did the PS2 , to be honest if the PS4 plays the games its a win win situation but if they don't like a been hearing on the rumour mill it wont be a big deal , then a will still keep my PS3 . Am pretty much interested in best graphics and new tech , when the time comes a will say goodbye to PS3 and enjoy the new cool stuff on PS4 , lets be honest the PS3 is miles behind the power you can get in PC so a hope they announce a release date soon for PS4 , a think they will release it in the run up to 2013 Christmas
    I think someone swapped your "a" and "i" keys.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Even if the Ps4 was to come out sometime soon, i'd still be playing my Ps3, i wouldn't go out of my way to get a Ps4 in a rush. Theres still so many great games i need or want to play, old and new so if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Ha Ha its Scottish slang am typing the way am saying it lol

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I love my ps3 and I love this console generation so it's good to know I have 2-3 more years to look forward to. I'm not in a rush for ps4.

worlds biggest welch fan

That is awesome news after reading more about the PS4 the less I want to buy one.

less single player games = PS4.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Even if the Ps4 was to come out sometime soon, i'd still be playing my Ps3, i wouldn't go out of my way to get a Ps4 in a rush. Theres still so many great games i need or want to play, old and new so if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Pretty much my thoughts exactly John.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I think this time round the jump from 3-4 wont be as massive as 2-3 so with any luck the PS4 will play all the content from previous versions and most people will still enjoy the PS3 games but if its true the PS4 wont play disks or PS3 stuff a would buy it for sure , lets face it you can sit your PS3 next to it if you want , no biggie

Lvl 6 - Silver

After seeing how crappy the new ps3 looks, I am not excited for ps4 at all...

So if the ps4 is an improvement, they would have to charge more for games right? I haven't bought a new ps3 game for 59.99 and sure as hell not paying 69.99 for a new game.. I just wish more people were like me and MADE the industry lower prices, but mot people are mindless consumers nowadays and will buy anything new tech, and shiny..

I mean I just don't see me getting any more enjoyment out of a ps4 game that I wouldn't get from playing an older game, and if graphics are your main buying reason, I just hope you feel it's worth it... I couldn't be impressed by whatever they say the ps4 can do..

Sorry but I hope the next-gens flop and a more level playing field is established where players don't get raped on prices but as I type this I feel more and more alone knowing how many people run out to buy the next new phone, car, ipad, playstation and throw their old one in a landfill... We are a mindless consumer planet, at least western cultures, ruled by big business and advertising...

So the ps4 represents all that I fear our world is coming to, or maybe I am connecting too many dots... Just buy smart..

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    He's Scottish :stare:

Still have a list of around 40 PS3 games I need to get (and many others that haven't been announced obviously) so good news for me. By the time I've finished with my PS3, PS4 will likely have dropped in price quite a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post

So if the ps4 is an improvement, they would have to charge more for games right? I haven't bought a new ps3 game for 59.99 and sure as hell not paying 69.99 for a new game.. I just wish more people were like me and MADE the industry lower prices, but mot people are mindless consumers nowadays and will buy anything new tech, and shiny..
    Agreed!! $40 bucks should be the highest it cost to buy new games. If they lower the price,more people would buy them=more money for them.

I mean I just don't see me getting any more enjoyment out of a ps4 game that I wouldn't get from playing an older game, and if graphics are your main buying reason, I just hope you feel it's worth it... I couldn't be impressed by whatever they say the ps4 can do..
    IA
    Sorry but I hope the next-gens flop and a more level playing field is established where players don't get raped on prices but as I type this I feel more and more alone knowing how many people run out to buy the next new phone, car, ipad, playstation and throw their old one in a landfill... We are a mindless consumer planet, at least western cultures, ruled by big business and advertising...
    So the ps4 represents all that I fear our world is coming to, or maybe I am connecting too many dots... Just buy smart..
    Agreed!! $40 bucks should be the highest it cost to buy new games. If they lower the price,more people would buy them=more money for them.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Plats-O'-War!!

Agreed. No way will I get a PS4 when it's launched. I still have MANY games that I want to play on the PS3, and not only that, Sony's gonna release a PS4 Slim anyway, so I might as well wait on that

Angel of Death

I'm pretty sure they have been saying this for the past 3 years. Getting kind of redundant. If you are going to support it, awesome, just stop telling us. >_>

Up the Irons!

I completely agree with you. I wait until the price goes down (unless it's a game from one of my favorite series), because chances are I won't get around to playing it or finishing it because of my huge backlog, so I just wait until I finish a couple of the games I have, and by that time, the price on the game I wanted has already dropped.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by MrFudge View Post
    He's Scottish :stare:
    Yes am Scottish , what about it

Lvl 9 - Gold

Even if the PS4 were to be released tomorrow, I'd have absolutely no interest in buying it straight away. I still have a hell of a lot of gaming to do on my PS3, which could easily keep me occupied for the next couple of years, and that's not an exaggeration. When I factor in the upcoming games that I want to get (ACIII, Tomb Raider, GTA V, Splinter Cell, MG Rising, MGS Ground Zeroes, and others), I'm looking at far too much gaming on PS3 to even give a second thought to buying a new console.

And as kidson2004 pointed out, Sony will release a slimmer, faster, more powerful model somewhere down the line anyway, probably within 18-24 months of the initial PS4's launch. So I definitely wouldn't be buying the first model, when I know perfectly well that Sony will release an improved model later on, and undoubtedly at a cheaper price too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFudge
    He's Scottish
    So am I. I hope the implication here isn't that we Scots don't know how to speak or type properly.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Even if the PS4 were to be released tomorrow, I'd have absolutely no interest in buying it straight away. I still have a hell of a lot of gaming to do on my PS3, which could easily keep me occupied for the next couple of years, and that's not an exaggeration. When I factor in the upcoming games that I want to get (ACIII, Tomb Raider, GTA V, Splinter Cell, MG Rising, MGS Ground Zeroes, and others), I'm looking at far too much gaming on PS3 to even give a second thought to buying a new console.

And as kidson2004 pointed out, Sony will release a slimmer, faster, more powerful model somewhere down the line anyway, probably within 18-24 months of the initial PS4's launch. So I definitely wouldn't be buying the first model, when I know perfectly well that Sony will release an improved model later on, and undoubtedly at a cheaper price too.

So am I. I hope the implication here isn't that we Scots don't know how to speak or type properly.
    You're probably usually too busy tossing them logs and trying to keep your freedom.

Also, I wouldn't expect them NOT to keep providing support for a console that's doing well.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post

I'm with UNCLEPAULIE. I can't wait for the PS4. I always said I would hold out for a year or two but as soon as I see the quality of the new games I reckon I won't be able to resist.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast