Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How many platinum's do you think you would have if there were no such thing as guides ?

This is a discussion on How many platinum's do you think you would have if there were no such thing as guides ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; id probably still have most of the ones that i have since i usually only use guides for collectables and ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

id probably still have most of the ones that i have since i usually only use guides for collectables and other things that are hard to find just to save myself some time, id get them myself with time but i get impatient with some games and want them over with

Angel of Death

It would be easier to list the one's I wouldn't have (and I assume strategy guides also count as a type of trophy guide). I wouldn't have had Back to the Future, Final Fantasy XIII, L.A. Noire, and X-Men Destiny.

♚ Overlord ♔

Probably zero "to be honest"
    There's always that one trophy that gets me stuck one away from plat.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Maybe a little over half considering I mostly just use it for collectibles or quicker method to achieve something or some of the hidden trophies that are not story related…considering i play games people have it's word of mouth when i see a friend with the same game and they have a trophy unlocked and i ask i will now know what it is...

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

I'd have about 10. There's usually a trophy with a vague description or silly requirement (like take a picture of a ghost you can't see or find something not on map) that i'd never achieve without a guides help.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

An old-fashioned cowboy

About half probably less since nowadays almost every game has collectibles and I use guides for those.

Kid, not loser

Without collectible guides I would have about a quarter of the amount I have now. I hate collectibles, and wouldn't go for them with out a guide or an easy way to obtain them in game.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think I would probably have 5-7 of the 24 I have

You weak azz niggs

I think I would have all of my games. I don't play too many games with collectibles or what not. I wouldn't get some plats as quickly though.

Lvl 9 - Gold

yeah not many maybe 10 especially now with the hidden trophies they put in these days, some are so random

Legend...Nuff Said

Big Fat 0. The closest would be Resident Evil: ORC.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

No Game No Life

Well I think I still have everything. Getting 100% on every game I play has been my playstyle ever since during the PS1 era

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Without guide I'd have FFXIII, FFXIII-2, White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2, God of War 3, terminator Salvation, Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi and Mortal Kombat. That makes it 8 Plats

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

four i think ( Jak and Daxter, PES 2012, Saint's Row The Third and Legends Of Wrestlemania ). Jak and Daxter was only simple because i remembered most of the stuff from a decade ago.

Rangers F.C

I originally said zero but think could probably get Skyrim , Fallout and New Vegas.......as long as there were no hidden trophies cant remember
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe10 View Post
    Without guide I'd have FFXIII, FFXIII-2, White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2, God of War 3, terminator Salvation, Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi and Mortal Kombat. That makes it 8 Plats
    For FFXIII and -2, are you saying you DID get the plats without guides or forums, or that you conceivably could have? Because I have a hard time believing you actually did unless you put hundreds of hours into them. There are quite a few hidden trophies but I suppose if you played long enough you might pop them on your own. Knowing intuitively that you'd have to go back to 5-star certain bosses for trophies also seems unlikely..
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe10 View Post
    WKC 1 & 2, GoW, Terminator I can buy. But FFXIII & FFIII-2, seriously? Ok maybe FFIII if you just had to have every weapon and 5 star every battle and max out all of your characters, maybe. But how does anyone plat FFIII-2 with zero help at all. Considering virtually every trophy in that game is hidden. And the shear randomness of obtaining every Paradox ending.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

Probably have a few, but not many by any means. These guides are awesome, as are the people who give up their time to write them, and have helped me on nearly all of my games.
    But I recon I could have got inFamous, inFamous Festival Of Blood and inFamous 2, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, Sly 1, maybe 2, and God of War 1-3 as these are all pretty self explanatory trophies. But having said that, I have read a guide for pretty much every game I own, or am planning to buy out of curiosity... So guess my answer is 0...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    WKC 1 & 2, GoW, Terminator I can buy. But FFXIII & FFIII-2, seriously? Ok maybe FFIII if you just had to have every weapon and 5 star every battle and max out all of your characters, maybe. But how does anyone plat FFIII-2 with zero help at all. Considering virtually every trophy in that game is hidden. And the shear randomness of obtaining every Paradox ending.
    Yes i never used a guide for any FF game in General and I always managed to get everything in the game without guides, I even have made my own FFXII FAQ Here

5 Star all mission were pretty obvious that it would be a trophy, most of the Hidden ones poped up for me without even trying, since im always going for Perfect in FF games i unlocked Treasure Hunter one but i admit that i didnt know i had to talk with the robot a friend told me that but i could have figured that out sonner or later anyway. Paradox endings are nothing impossible if you spend enough time on the game you'll find em

Up the Irons!

For sure two (The Sims 3 and WWE Legends of WrestleMania).

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast