Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumor: Onimusha 4 In The Works

This is a discussion on Rumor: Onimusha 4 In The Works within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We haven't seen a new game in the Onimusha series since 2006. But it's not for lack of interest from ...

PRO Member

Rumor: Onimusha 4 In The Works

We haven't seen a new game in the Onimusha series since 2006. But it's not for lack of interest from Capcom. In fact, rumors are starting to surface that a new game in the series is on the way from a Western developer.
    Specifically, it's being developed by Spark Unlimited, which is working on Lost Planet 3 and much to the surprise of many also on the Ninja Gaiden spinoff Yaiba. It is known that Spark is working with Capcom on an "adventure series reboot", but which franchise is getting a new lease on life hasn't been identified yet.
    If this is true, it wouldn't be entirely without precedent. Series mastermind Yoshinori Ono has noted before that he'd like to bring the franchise back, especially with a stronger multiplayer component, and the franchise has no lack of fans both East and West.
    Our Take: Any game that involves chopping up demons seems like a can't-lose proposition, but we're going to wait until we get a little more confirmation. Still, Onimusha seems like a good candidate for rebooting in Capcom's library and if this is true, we can't wait to see what Spark has put together.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Plats-O'-War!!

I hope this will cause the Onumisha HD Collection to be in the works as well (Fingers Crossed).

No Game No Life

I thought Dawn of Dreams was Onimusha 4 as I always called it like that back then I do hope there is another Onimusha game on the works. Still waiting for that HD collection to be announced.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I hope this will cause the Onumisha HD Collection to be in the works as well (Fingers Crossed).
    That's what I was hoping for too

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    I thought Dawn of Dreams was Onimusha 4 as I always called it like that back then I do hope there is another Onimusha game on the works. Still waiting for that HD collection to be announced.
    You're right I think it was.

Sig by Smashguy

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Maybe with Onimusha 4, this will be Samanouske's last journey? Remember, he NEVER sealed the gauntlet that has trapped Nobunaga inside it. Here's hoping that they're indeed working on the HD Collection. Oh, to the OP, do you have a source for this info?

The Deathly Rhythm

Onimusha 4 is out already..don't you mean 5??

I really hope they make a HD collection too
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

Oh, to the OP, do you have a source for this info?
    i foud this on another site i visit religiously, aside from this one....i saw it on the Side Mission of Gametrailers.com
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i allways liked onimusha hope to play it again soon in hd!

Resident PHD

Onimusha HD collection

I just hope that they don't do just the first 3 games. Dawn of Dreams is easily the best one

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

My first PS2 game was Onimusha, still have fond memories of it, would love a sparkly new one.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Onimusha HD collection

I just hope that they don't do just the first 3 games. Dawn of Dreams is easily the best one
    IMHO, Onimusha 3 is the best one. But, we're all entitled to our opinions

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    That's what I was hoping for too

You're right I think it was.
    Nah Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams WAS indeed the next chapter of the Onimusha series but it wasn't Onimusha four. Somehow they used the same characters but made a standalone title of the Onimusha games. its like how GoW had 1 and 2 then a few PSP ones that followed the storyline and then 3 comes out of nowheres, same principle.

Either way this is AWESOME news and I cant wait for confirmation. An HD collection would be an awesome addition to the news as well and Capcom did say they wanted to do an HD collection but unfortunately didn't see it pheasable with time constraints on other projects.

After all if the rumors are true it would be awesomesauce.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Nah Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams WAS indeed the next chapter of the Onimusha series but it wasn't Onimusha four. Somehow they used the same characters but made a standalone title of the Onimusha games. its like how GoW had 1 and 2 then a few PSP ones that followed the storyline and then 3 comes out of nowheres, same principle.

Either way this is AWESOME news and I cant wait for confirmation. An HD collection would be an awesome addition to the news as well and Capcom did say they wanted to do an HD collection but unfortunately didn't see it pheasable with time constraints on other projects.

After all if the rumors are true it would be awesomesauce.
    That makes sense.
    I've only played Dawn of Dreams but a friend was into Onimusha and I saw him play it a few times. After I played Dawn of Dreams I wanted to try out 1 - 3 but never did, so I agree it would be awesomesauce if this were true

Sig by Smashguy

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I wanted to try out 1 - 3 but never did, so I agree it would be awesomesauce if this were true
    Wouldn't this be a perfect cover art for the HD Collection?

PRO Member

I played and still have the original three, never played Dawn Of Dreams or Blade Warrior. But if there is a part 4, would love the main character to be Samanosuke, nothing against Jubi.

I know what your all thinking, that 3 was the game for Sam...but where have we heard that before (Solid Snake), so he just enough chance to be in 4...

SAMANOSUKE!!
    Last edited by ecks13; 03-11-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i got all disc base for ps2 and finish 100%

Lvl 8 - Gold

2. I hope they don't mess it up.

I wouldn't mind another Dino Crisis game neither.

PRO Member

I've never played any of them but I'd gladly get the HD collection and get into the series

Lvl 9 - Gold

IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!

I really, really hope this is true. If it is, I'll be pre-ordering it and signing myself off work until I've completed not only this game, but also the inevitable HD Collection as well! I played all 5 Onimusha games on PS2 and had great fun with them - the possibility of being able to play HD versions of them on PS3 is like a dream come true.

PRO Member

My last Ps3 controller broke last night...and the budget won't allow me to get a new one just yet...so I dusted off the Ps2 and start playing onimusha warlords...I just wish that could play the whole game with the bishamon sword..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast