NBA Live 13 Canceled...

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Canceled... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; 3 years in a row now folks.... EA Sports has canceled NBA Live 13 . The company plans on taking ...

DON'T BLINK

NBA Live 13 Canceled...

3 years in a row now folks....

EA Sports has canceled NBA Live 13. The company plans on taking a full year off to work on the next game in the series.

"But making great games is not easy, and we're just not there yet on NBA LIVE 13. Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October," EA Sports Executive Vice President Andrew Wilson wrote in a news release today. "And rather than launch midway through the season, we're going to sit out the full year and stay focused on making next year's game great."

The news comes after an announcement on the game's delay and its absence from EA Sports' E3 showing. More notably, the cancellation of NBA Elite 11 makes this the third year in a row that EA's simulation basketball series has failed to see publication.

"We're committed to delivering new innovation in online, and our progress in the visual presentation of the game continues to take big strides. We also know that a great game starts with great gameplay, and this remains a huge priority for us," Wilson wrote.
    NBA Live 13 canceled by EA | Joystiq

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hmmm i thought this was set to release like next week? odd but understandable considering where sports games are now, it's hard comming up with new things or mechanics to add into a game every year

It is time for me to go underground

Up the Irons!

I'm not very surprised by this. Honestly, I was looking forward to this because I just enjoy playing basketball games too much. Hopefully they don't cancel next year's installment.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Closing this account

I do believe EA should just give up on basketball. They had the market from Lakers vs Celtics to NBA Live 10. I played my first 2K basketball game on the Dreamcast and since then I have been amazed. Your losing your fan base EA. Stop canceling games and just let your fan base decide.

Check Those Corners

"But making great games is not easy,
    I laughed at this, I do not recall the last time NBA Live was good..

Banned

Lol... sports games.

Check Those Corners

I like how they are fucking idiots. They actually think they still are ontop of the basketball market. Tell you what, they are just going to hype the shit out of it again, release 14', then get mixed reviews and cancel the rest of the basketball series. Just like they did with NCAA basketball games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I was interested in getting this to see how much better/different it would be from NBA Live 10, just have to get NBA 2K13 which i don't mind but hate all the stupid online trophies that it has and also would like to see a new commentary crew preferably using the ESPN commentators

Lvl 6 - Silver

3 years now? I didn't realize but that's crazy for a basketball game.. It better be crazy good

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

My heart bleeds

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk