Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Playstation Plus A Success?

This is a discussion on Is Playstation Plus A Success? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-is-a-hit.aspx Sony thinks so. And I agree. It is a great deal for the consumer who gets to experience a ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is Playstation Plus A Success?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-is-a-hit.aspx

Sony thinks so. And I agree. It is a great deal for the consumer who gets to experience a lot of games for one low fee. And Sony gets to make money off a lot of games that might not sell anymore otherwise.

When I did have it in the past I really liked it.

If you have the service, are you happy and why? And if not, why?

Resident PHD

I have gotten more than a few free games off of it, not to mention all the discounts I got off of games I wanted to buy anyways. Also when I switched over ps3, cloud saving made it very easy to do

So to me it is worth it.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Crocodile Hunter

Same as above, its worth it. Ive gotten a lot of free games from them even if i have to wait months lol

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I have gotten more than a few free games off of it, not to mention all the discounts I got off of games I wanted to buy anyways. Also when I switched over ps3, cloud saving made it very easy to do

So to me it is worth it.
    This is exactly what i would say. I was hesitant initially but when i saw all the deals i was missing i knew i had to jump on it.

Change is mediocre

I'm not feeling it so far for this month (excluding Blands, nothing has stroke my interest in terms of deals or free games), but the games I have gotten both for free and from deals have been more than worth it.

So for me, it's worth it.

PRO Member

most definitely worth it

Lvl 4 - Silver

Definitely worth it for me, got Spyro 1, 2, and 3, Silent Hill, Walking Dead Game Ep 1&2, LBP2, Infamous 2, and more but those are the best games I've gotten from it.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

INTJ

Hey Sony mind giving me the numbers on the PS plus Subscriber base in terms of how many of them there are?

Saying it Doubled doesn't really help since we haven't got a number (example: the double of zero is zero.)

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post

So to me it is worth it.
    ^^This!! I'm very happy with PS+, and I shall be re-uping my subscription at year's end

INTJ

the instant game collection and discounts on new stuff is the only reason to get it.

the only thing sony did right so far.

Legalize it...

Id say so. When I got the free trial after the outage I was iffy on it. Then they had some games I wanted so I figured why not give it a shot. Its totally worth the $50 for a year. At first I was keeping track of the price of the games I was getting for free/saving money on with + and it didnt take long before it passed $50. If I had to guess now after the "instant game collection", its paid for itself at least like 5 or 6 times. I know Ill be renewing in December before it runs out...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the instant game collection and discounts on new stuff is the only reason to get it.

the only thing sony did right so far.
    compare ps+ to that article you put up about xbox gamers getting 2% off there next bought game in the XBL
    many free games even though some might be crap, avatars, themes to 2% off a XBL game(s)
    what seems like a better deal? thats all im asking

not making this a xbox vs ps3 battle just stating as far as worth is concerned
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i think that plus would be even more successful if they added a 10% discount off of everything in the store, the free stuff is always good but i think everything should be discounted at least a little bit, other than that i am completely satisfied with my four months of subsciption so far, well over $100 of free stuff so far and that doesnt include the stuff i havent had time to play yet, still have several classics i havent gotten into yet as well as a few full games, i generally dont buy stuff off the store as i prefer to have a physical copy but if its free then i get it

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Since I paid for the subscription I've gotten well over 500 dollars worth of free games. So, that would be an astounding yes to plus being worth it and that doesn't even include all the discounts.

Would be sweet if they would give us some movies and discounts on that end of it as well. But no biggie if SONY doesn't.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    compare ps+ to that article you put up about xbox gamers getting 2% off there next bought game in the XBL
    many free games even though some might be crap, avatars, themes to 2% off a XBL game(s)
    what seems like a better deal? thats all im asking

not making this a xbox vs ps3 battle just stating as far as worth is concerned
    exclusive DLC contracts on the biggest games, yearly Main Software Xbox Betas which sometimes includes free great games (Halo reach, Happy wars), A Actually well working rewards system that has been up for two years now where you get actual money to spend on what you want along with free cool exclusive stuff, etc.

everything you put in comes out at the end. Sony Has free Full Games that are actually good, Xbox Live Has free/exclusive good stuff too.

Rangers F.C

In the past would have said it was rubbish but now I am a fan , I got 90 day trial a wee while ago and the content is first class

Red Dead Redemption
    Just Cause 2
    LBP2
    Dead Space 2
    Boarderlands

And that is the ones which I personally downloaded , plus ( no pun intended ) you get money off games , I will defo renew it when trial runs out .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah, I've had it around 2 years and l love it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    In the past would have said it was rubbish but now I am a fan , I got 90 day trial a wee while ago and the content is first class

Red Dead Redemption
    Just Cause 2
    LBP2
    Dead Space 2
    Boarderlands

And that is the ones which I personally downloaded , plus ( no pun intended ) you get money off games , I will defo renew it when trial runs out .

You got a 90 day trial? lucky!!!!

I'd say it's worth it...

I've never had it but if I had better internet to do downloads I would get it...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Always worth it for me. I get far more than 50$ back in one years time.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Retired

I think it's a success and worth it.

Something people don't understand, is that they don't just say, this game is free and give it to people, they must ask the publisher, go through some legal thing etc. So if you don't find your favourite game and it isn't a Sony exclusive, blame the publishers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast