Overstrike Art Direction changed because Kid Test groups thought the game was for their younger bro

This is a discussion on Overstrike Art Direction changed because Kid Test groups thought the game was for their younger bro within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Always Independent: The Story of Insomniac Games - IGN Going to cut out the part about overstrike changes from the ...

INTJ

Overstrike Art Direction changed because Kid Test groups thought the game was for their younger bro

Always Independent: The Story of Insomniac Games - IGN

Going to cut out the part about overstrike changes from the article:

“The game started out with a much more stylized and campy direction. We were actually going for something on the level of Ratchet & Clank, except with humans,” Allgeier said. “Maybe it was going to appeal to gamers who, we thought at the time, might be in their late teens. The industry’s changed quite a bit… We would focus test the game in front of a lot of gamers, and get their opinion. These are people that regularly play PlayStation 3 and Xbox games. We started to discover that everyone thought this was a game for their younger brother. We would hear this from 12-year-olds. So we decided that we needed to make a game that had an older appeal.”

Allgeier later said that “that’s kind of the reason for the delay. It’s like moving the herd of elephants, or turning the ship. Just turning a massive ship into a different direction and charting a new course.”

AKA Blame 12 year old kids and insomiac that Overstrike isn't The incredibles: video game edition

it's just as fucking retarded as HL2:Episode 2 and the Maze.

The Deathly Rhythm

I'm kinda happy it changed, it look wacky last time, it looks cool now
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    I'm kinda happy it changed, it look wacky last time, it looks cool now
    Wacky, better art style is what we need in this game industry to not become a Stagnated piece of shit.

Resident PHD

And come release date, will any of those kids buy the game? Nope, because they will all still be playing Call of Duty.

EA should have realized that the people who are going to buy this game are going to be adults, and the ones who were excited for it don't care anymore and the ones who weren't excited about it, don't even know it is coming out.

This game will bomb, I hate to say it but it will.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Who makes business decisions based on the opinions of 12 year olds? Seriously?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    And come release date, will any of those kids buy the game? Nope, because they will all still be playing Call of Duty.

EA should have realized that the people who are going to buy this game are going to be adults, and the ones who were excited for it don't care anymore and the ones who weren't excited about it, don't even know it is coming out.

more retarded decisions based on game testers:

Valve removed a giant maze in Episode 2 because one player kept taking a right and ending up at the starting part for a full hour. they used this argument to remove the maze from the game entirely to keep it more linear.

seriously Game testers are idiots.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    more retarded decisions based on game testers:

Valve removed a giant maze in Episode 2 because one player kept taking a right and ending up at the starting part for a full hour. they used this argument to remove the maze from the game entirely to keep it more linear.

seriously Game testers are idiots.
    Right, Right, Right, Right...damn it I am back at the beginning. Alright I got this, Right, Right, Right, Right...DAMN IT

Also that reminds me of this comic

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/2..._mQPCz-L-2.jpg

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kid, not loser

I feel like they would have said the same, if not worst, for Borderlands. But I'm happy with the art style Borderlands has, even though I've heard people say, "this looks stupid." I just wish people didn't have to base everything off of COD, with people thinking that their perfect games. This is just more reason as to why COD has ruined the game industry.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    ...This is just more reason as to why COD has ruined the game industry.
    CoD has been doing their own thing for years... You mean people that try to copy CoD?

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    CoD has been doing their own thing for years... You mean people that try to copy CoD?
    Yes, but also the fact that PEOPLE (like the 12 year olds) just want everything to be a COD clone, when nothing should be. This has caused devs to change their games for the worse, like what possibly Insomniac has done with Overstrike now. To please the COD fans.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post

This ^^

I was so excited for it too. EA or Insomniac, whoever the fuck did this, WTF?

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!