Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No More New Characters Announced for PlayStation...Battle Royale

This is a discussion on No More New Characters Announced for PlayStation...Battle Royale within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar Also, Mother doesn't count. Nintendo killed it, and so far it seems they did the same ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Also, Mother doesn't count. Nintendo killed it, and so far it seems they did the same to F-Zero .
    F-zero is in nintendoland.

its silly though

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I will say this though, "don't diss Toro". When I played the game I used him and Sweet Tooth the most and Toro will mess you up. Easily one of the best characters in the game.
    If the game's done correctly (like it should), any character should be devastating if used correctly . I remember some ass-whoopings with Peach back in Melee, for example.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

toro is the official PS3 mascot.

makes sense.

The One and Only

Still looks like it will be a fun game with those characters.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 8 - Gold

In my whole life, the only person I know that games and doesn't know who Fox or Ganon are by name is Sly Cooper, and I'm not talking about "real.life-only" acquaintances, but internet-wise, too. it's "common gaming logic", just like knowing that the dude with the big, blue hat that they always show as a midget is Napoleon, or that the evil dude with the square mustache is Hitler.

Hell, even non-gaming acquaintances know who the hell Ganondorf is!

Also, Mother doesn't count. Nintendo killed it, and so far it seems they did the same to F-Zero .
    I dont mean to be mean, and i am quoteing a older post because i just find it so shameful

Sly didnt know who Ganon or Fox was? I admit in supersmash it doesnt really point out what game they were from, but Fox is the main character! And like someone said earlier, Ganon is the MAIN bad guy in ALL the Zelda games.

I look at Ness and dont recognize his game, but at least i am smart enough to look him up when i first encountered that character. To admit you didnt know that character is shameful for any gamer. Nintendo has been around for so long, and characters like Fox was around for a while (ever since the first super smash).

Its true that in games with different languages, the characters are named different. But you dont have that excuse, as most people play the english version of games. Doesnt the game tell you the characters name when you select them...?

If the game's done correctly (like it should), any character should be devastating if used correctly . I remember some ass-whoopings with Peach back in Melee, for example.
    I agree. Thats what makes this and other games fun. Each person has their own fight style, and as long as each character has their own cool moves and strategies, it will no doubt be fun.

Like many have said, i am disappointed at the characters that made it to the roster. Some choices would have been better, but then again we dont know if their companies rejected the invite. Oh well, this will be fun. I get to use the characters i know, and just kill off the ones i have no idea who they are.

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I dont mean to be mean, and i am quoteing a older post because i just find it so shameful

Sly didnt know who Ganon or Fox was? I admit in supersmash it doesnt really point out what game they were from, but Fox is the main character! And like someone said earlier, Ganon is the MAIN bad guy in ALL the Zelda games.

I look at Ness and dont recognize his game, but at least i am smart enough to look him up when i first encountered that character. To admit you didnt know that character is shameful for any gamer. Nintendo has been around for so long, and characters like Fox was around for a while (ever since the first super smash).

Its true that in games with different languages, the characters are named different. But you dont have that excuse, as most people play the english version of games. Doesnt the game tell you the characters name when you select them...?
    Who the fuck do you think you are? Alienating a member of the site, because he doesn't know a few characters. It's not shameful, it's just coincidental. Like it's coincidental, that I never have played a LoZ, a Mega Man or a Metroid game. Some of us were just not born with the same interests, memory or time, so shut up and accept the fact, that not every gamer has to know about Gannondorf or Fox McCloud. If you don't mean to be mean, then stop using vastly negative words such as "shameful", or use the "you-should-fucking-know-better" of implementing your points, such as "... at Least I am smart enough..." and "... you have no excuse...". You are bound to have missed a franchise too, and when you meet one that knows that franchise and you don't you will be getting the same reaction from them. It annoys the crap out of me, that you can't possibly be seeing this more shallow than you do. You have no right, I repeat, NO RIGHT to talk like that to a member putting him out of certain groups ("...Is shameful for any gamer.") just because of his lack of knowledge on a few almost completely unimportant trifles. Please be nice to the people on the site.....

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

INTJ

Paul gale who knew about the game since 2010, says the PR guy is a lying prick and sony is trying to plug the leak paul gale currently has.

most likely damage control but i dont give a shit

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale fans…we need to talk…and a promise from Paul Gale Network.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post

As Gyro said, what gave you the right to be such a dick? I always thought you were a bit of a bell end. I wasn't fully sure of who Gann was, does that mean I should be ashamed of myself? Hell no. You're acting as if you're above Sly. Gyro pretty much said it all.

As for the actual news, I think it's disgraceful. I'm really surprised Ps360 hasn't been making much more of it, it's so embarassing. Hoping that we've all made a mistake and that what he actually means is that the characters they're announcing before the game have all beeen done, and that there's more in game that they won't announce. If the many, many other characters and stages they could've included are all pay-for DLC, it will be an absolute fu*k up by everybody who had anything to do with the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

DON'T BLINK

I have to wonder (and this may just be wishful thinking) if that is just the list of playable at launch as in there are more unlockable as you beat the game and meet certain requirements. Seems like Sony may want to hold those cards close to their chest.

Again, may be just wishful thinking on my part.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

IMHO they should have added someone from FFVII, Hot Shots golf and also Spyro and Crash. The Character list is weak based on quantity of characters. This game could have easily had double the amount and at 60 bucks should have. But that's SONY dropping the ball again. It's like come on SONY the WII U is coming out and you're going to drop off the gaming radar again. The book of spells stuff look cool but have we seen a commercial for it on TV yet. I think it's going to fall to the way side again cause of poor effort and marketing.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    IMHO they should have added someone from FFVII, Hot Shots golf and also Spyro and Crash. The Character list is week based on number of characters but I believe this game is going to be only 40 dollars U.S. and they will make the rest of their money on DLC characters.
    I'm glad they didn't add anyone from Final Fantasy 7 as it would have just been Sephiroth.

Saints Row IV

Damn where is KAZUMA KIRYU!!!!????????????
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Angel of Death

I don't understand why they couldn't make a 30+ roster like in SSBB. So instead of putting the 30 characters, we have to buy the extra 10 basically is what they are saying. >_> I mean, the game is going to be good regardless, but still a shame.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i was hoping for more characters considering it's a 4 player game now most of the games played will be a look a like !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Platinum Procrastinator

That list of characters is very weak in my opinion. The fact that Cole makes up 10% alone is disappointing. Not to mention they're going with the new Dante look. Where is the Resistance characters? Where are the Final Fantasy characters, heck even Dragon Warrior characters could have been used.

Once I found out they weren't using damage percentage I wasn't very interested in the game, now after seeing this, I could care less about even getting it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So no more character that really disspaoint's me, i don't like that dante i prefer the classic one but i hope they put more characters by DLC in the future

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Where are the Final Fantasy characters, heck even Dragon Warrior characters could have been used.
    Dragon Quest characters would kind of be out of place in this game. Only major one that's been on PlayStation as far as I can recall is VIII. The rest make the franchice seem like a Nintendo-owned IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I have to wonder (and this may just be wishful thinking) if that is just the list of playable at launch as in there are more unlockable as you beat the game and meet certain requirements. Seems like Sony may want to hold those cards close to their chest.

Again, may be just wishful thinking on my part.
    It seems this is the full roster for the game, but there's always been talk of adding additional characters through DLC, so we'll see what happens.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Change is mediocre

Don't worry, all the characters you still want and more will be released as either DLC or in the sequel.

20 characters (1 taking 2 spots) isn't really enough to make an impact for me, but I'm still looking forward to bashing on enemies as Sweet Tooth nonetheless.

To Be Announced

If this is true, Sony better at least take us out to dinner first before they bend us over to pump out the inevitable DLC.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Retired

Oh my god, whatever could've happened, Evil Cole and Good Cole would still be MODELS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast