Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No More New Characters Announced for PlayStation...Battle Royale

This is a discussion on No More New Characters Announced for PlayStation...Battle Royale within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What about someone from the Yakuza series?...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

What about someone from the Yakuza series?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well, this certainly sucks. 20 Characters is already a little sub-par on today's standards, let alone for a 4-player brawler.
    I was expecting at least 30 chars at launch and another 10 as DLC. I guess I won't be buying this until more chars are announced.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 7 - Gold

Not a first day buy now, no Crash, no Lara, no Spyro, no Square Enix.

Will probably wait for DLC if any.

Not Playstation All Stars currently.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

The beta was terrible, got boring after the third match and fails to be the game it was trying to be from the start, SSB.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 7 - Gold

It seems to be a different brawler party game. One tuned away from the hardcore tactician, so I give them some props for trying. But $60 for a 20 character list? DA FUQ!?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Avy by DaRe_xLw

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Oh my god, whatever could've happened, Evil Cole and Good Cole would still be MODELS.
    But here's the catch: had they just used Evil Cole as an alternative skin for Good Cole, there would've been 19 characters and the 20th could've been anyone else (mainly someone we cared about lol), so of course most people are mad at them using a character slot just to have us use a character that coudl've been simply a skin for an already existing one. This leads to them releasin more DLC to take more money from us (a la Microsoft) just so we can use a character that shoudl've been there from the start.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    But here's the catch: had they just used Evil Cole as an alternative skin for Good Cole, there would've been 19 characters and the 20th could've been anyone else (mainly someone we cared about lol), so of course most people are mad at them using a character slot just to have us use a character that coudl've been simply a skin for an already existing one. This leads to them releasin more DLC to take more money from us (a la Microsoft) just so we can use a character that shoudl've been there from the start.
    I also wouldn't have been annoyed if other franchises had 2 or 3 characters. But when only inFAMOUS gets two spots it just comes off as stupid. At least if they had put in Kuo or Nix it wouldn't have been great, but at least it would have been different characters.

Good Cole/Evil Cole is the equivalent of Dr. Mario and Mario (or Link and Toon Link) I didn't like when Nintendo did it and I don't like it now.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 10 - Platinum

AHHH! Who cares if SONY keeps on doing this we won't see a PS4. It's like come on 20 characters that's BS should have been at least 30-35 characters. If you look at what they could have taken from

Hot Shots Golf
    Yakuza
    Crash
    Spyro
    Lara Croft
    Tomba
    Solid Snake
    Cloud or Sephiroth
    Chrimera
    Alucard
    Sora
    The King of all Cosmos
    Optimus Prime
    Megaman

That just leaves me to believe that SONY doesn't know what they're doing and the company's just getting more and more run into the ground. Has anyone even seen a commercial on TV for this game or even the new Spell book yet?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oogadebob View Post
    -stare dad-
    every time i see these comics i wonder how disappointed KC Green is that people constantly molest his work with terrible jokes

i mean the guy is rumored to be borderline suicidal anyway

edit:

look, used the original source and made it better, bam

compare to the original

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    The King of all Cosmos
    I can already visualize his ultimate attack: The Prince comes out of nowhere with his Katamari, starts rolling up everyone with it and then The King of All Cosmos transforms it into a Super Nova that blows up.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

i mean why not noby noby boy.

his third powerup can be him eating his ass then eating the characters

like so

Change is mediocre

I personally would love fighting 20% of the roster in one match, but that's just me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm not that disappointed at all. I mean sure there could be a FEW more, and there are franchises that I love that have been passed over... (KATAMARI OMFGWTFBBQ)

But getting licenses is really difficult. And Sony has SO MANY characters that fans/the sony higher ups want to get in. (Toro is totally forced by Sony management) Plus, in Nintendo you only have maybe...what...5 major IPS to hit up for characters? Which are all first party.

And Sony doesn't own the rights to all the characters people love of theirs.

Plus they have absolutely no chance of making as much money off this as SSB does for Nintendo. So you can't expect them to want to put in as much money.

Give them a break. And have a little faith, not everything in the world is a cash grab.

Lvl 6 - Silver

In my whole life, the only person I know that games and doesn't know who Fox or Ganon are by name is Sly Cooper, and I'm not talking about "real.life-only" acquaintances, but internet-wise, too. it's "common gaming logic", just like knowing that the dude with the big, blue hat that they always show as a midget is Napoleon, or that the evil dude with the square mustache is Hitler.
    Hell, even non-gaming acquaintances know who the hell Ganondorf is!
    Also, Mother doesn't count. Nintendo killed it, and so far it seems they did the same to F-Zero .
    In Sly's defence, I had no fucking clue who (or what?) Ganondorf is, until I googled it, having never played much Nintendo other than a little bit of Glover, Banjo Kazooie and the original Smash Bros.
    And back on topic, 20 characters (19 if your nitpicking) is relatively small in terms of roster size compared to games like MK9 or whatever, but it is still a fair amount. I still say that Sephiroth will be a boss in there somewhere (as I remember hearing there was a boss character and I don;t think this has been revealed yet has it? correct me if I'm wrong). And also, this is a modern game, so OF COURSE there is going to be another edition with the complete list of characters available where you don't have to pay for them as DLC, which let's face it, is an inevitability. And I'm still holding out hope for Raziel That said, this game will be a purchase, but only when the inevitable complete edition comes out. Still looks like it's going to be a blast to play anyway.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Buy my book, Alteration

I'm disappointed by this, but "launch characters" can mean anything, and there's still info to come apparently. Maybe all the characters were going to make it in, but since info is shared between SuperBot and BluePoint, perhaps it could make it to the Vita on time. Both come out at the same since Cross-Buy, and Sony can't miss the holiday season with this, so they left out the characters for free DLC day 1? I think the roster is bigger than 20, given Sid Shuman said "Stay Tuned" that same day, and 10% of the roster is Cole MacGrath.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Resident PHD

I would like to point out though, I would rather have a game with 19 unique characters than a game with 35 characters and half of them play the same.

From what I have played of PSA (10 characters) all of them handled completely differently. Compare that to Smash (which has 35 characters I believe) and you have so many doubles that half that game should have just been costume swaps.

So to everyone saying "I'm not going to buy this game because of the lack of characters. Instead I am going to go back home, watch the Crow and listen to some Simple Plan" go back and actually look at fighting game rosters and you will soon realize that More doesn't always mean Better.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I can already visualize his ultimate attack: The Prince comes out of nowhere with his Katamari, starts rolling up everyone with it and then The King of All Cosmos transforms it into a Super Nova that blows up.
    THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I would like to point out though, I would rather have a game with 19 unique characters than a game with 35 characters and half of them play the same.

From what I have played of PSA (10 characters) all of them handled completely differently. Compare that to Smash (which has 35 characters I believe) and you have so many doubles that half that game should have just been costume swaps.

So to everyone saying "I'm not going to buy this game because of the lack of characters. Instead I am going to go back home, watch the Crow and listen to some Simple Plan" go back and actually look at fighting game rosters and you will soon realize that More doesn't always mean Better.
    I see what your saying and I agree with your comment but SONY still could have had more characters and seeing that the price is now 60 dollars instead of 40 like it was originally rumored and even EB Games had it at priced at 40 as well should have warranted more characters. Still want the game but not at 60 bucks.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    every time i see these comics i wonder how disappointed KC Green is that people constantly molest his work with terrible jokes

i mean the guy is rumored to be borderline suicidal anyway

edit:

look, used the original source and made it better, bam

compare to the original

Hey nice cartoon... We're just gonna put that up on the fridge...

Lvl 5 - Silver

That sucks, only 20 characters. I will still be getting it though.

Sig by Bladia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast