Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Why are games these day that boring or not interesting!!!!!

This is a discussion on Why are games these day that boring or not interesting!!!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I feel that the games coming out these days have no real meaning except for the franchise games. I like ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Why are games these day that boring or not interesting!!!!!

    I feel that the games coming out these days have no real meaning except for the franchise games. I like to play and go for platinums and most games that comes out by sony are not platinum based and I feel they are a waste of time.

    All games should have a platinum no matter how the skill, difficulty or genre it is.

    Come on now and speak your minds on this matter.

  2. #2
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    zz383's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kyousuke's Shower
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    14

    You sound like a trophywhore.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

  3. #3
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    I'm confused by what you are trying to say?

    Sig by Bladia


  4. #4
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Platinum trophies wouldn't be my main concern when it comes to playing a game, not immediately at least. I do agree that alot of games that are coming out these days (out of the ones I've played) are kinda boring compared to the previous generation, but I won't blame trophies for that at all. I guess they don't really have that certain "wow" factor that motivates me to keep playing anymore. Maybe it's just me, but still.

    Some games don't need platinum trophies, because sometimes it wouldn't "feel" like a platinum trophy, more like a gold at best. For example, the Sly Minigames only has 8 trophies, all 8 being very easy to obtain, so does earning a platinum trophy for that little game, really feel like a platinum? Or does it feel like you just played a game and finished it in 15+ minutes? Compared to the games that do have platinums, it doesn't really belong there.


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  5. #5
    No Game No Life
    RaveNScythE18's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lastation
    Posts
    1,169
    Reputation
    106

    Somehow I was confused by the thread title and your argument.






    Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG
    0
    0
    0
    0


    Checklist || GFX Showcase


  6. #6
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    You sound like a trophywhore.
    No I'm not a trophy whore I'm just saying that games these days are not that interesting and that I feel that all games should have a platinum to them. Don't you feel that if you get a game off the network and its only bronze that there's something wrong with that?

  7. #7
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Somehow I was confused by the thread title and your argument.
    The argument is that don't you think that these game developers should make better games that will make people say "hey! I want that game!!"

  8. #8
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldX View Post
    No I'm not a trophy whore I'm just saying that games these days are not that interesting and that I feel that all games should have a platinum to them. Don't you feel that if you get a game off the network and its only bronze that there's something wrong with that?
    No, you play a game for fun, trophies are just a bonus.

  9. #9
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Platinum trophies wouldn't be my main concern when it comes to playing a game, not immediately at least. I do agree that alot of games that are coming out these days (out of the ones I've played) are kinda boring compared to the previous generation, but I won't blame trophies for that at all. I guess they don't really have that certain "wow" factor that motivates me to keep playing anymore. Maybe it's just me, but still.

    Some games don't need platinum trophies, because sometimes it wouldn't "feel" like a platinum trophy, more like a gold at best. For example, the Sly Minigames only has 8 trophies, all 8 being very easy to obtain, so does earning a platinum trophy for that little game, really feel like a platinum? Or does it feel like you just played a game and finished it in 15+ minutes? Compared to the games that do have platinums, it doesn't really belong there.
    Okay Sly Cooper mini game - NO

    But you made a great point here that if you have a game that can be done in 15mins then no but there are games out there that don't deserve a platinum and some games do deserve a platinum to them.

  10. #10
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    You sound like a trophywhore.
    Looks like you were right...

    Untested: Ninja Gaiden 3 Game Save - Page 23

    Sig by Smashguy

  11. #11
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    No, you play a game for fun, trophies are just a bonus.
    Thank you! FINALLY someone gets what I'm saynig here

  12. #12
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    You buy games only for the trophies? That's sad.

  13. #13
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldX View Post
    Thank you! FINALLY someone gets what I'm saynig here
    I wasn't agreeing with you, you just contradicted yourself here. You said you don't like the fact that most PSN games don't have trophies. The trophies shouldn't matter, it should be the game that does. If it's fun, play it. If it isn't but there is a , don't torture yourself.

    Games are all about fun, not trophies.

  14. #14
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    You buy games only for the trophies? That's sad.
    No I buy them for the thrill unlike some people on here that will remain nameless. But alot of games these days has lost touch with gamers

  15. #15
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldX View Post
    Okay Sly Cooper mini game - NO

    But you made a great point here that if you have a game that can be done in 15mins then no but there are games out there that don't deserve a platinum and some games do deserve a platinum to them.
    Okay that I can agree with.

    I'm still not a big trophy hunter, and like ds said, I play games for fun and trophies are a bonus.


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  16. #16
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Why did you bring up that PSN games should have Plats then? And that Plat's should be more straight forward? I'm not really understanding your original post. Also, there are plenty of great games now a days, maybe you are just playing the wrong ones.

  17. #17
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I wasn't agreeing with you, you just contradicted yourself here. You said you don't like the fact that most PSN games don't have trophies. The trophies shouldn't matter, it should be the game that does. If it's fun, play it. If it isn't but there is a , don't torture yourself.

    Games are all about fun, not trophies.
    I'm not talking about short and easy games that you can do in mines I'm talking about the one that you grind on, the ones that get you excited every time you turn your system on

  18. #18
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Okay that I can agree with.

    I'm still not a big trophy hunter, and like ds said, I play games for fun and trophies are a bonus.
    Thank you for understanding that

  19. #19
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Why did you bring up that PSN games should have Plats then? And that Plat's should be more straight forward? I'm not really understanding your original post. Also, there are plenty of great games now a days, maybe you are just playing the wrong ones.
    Now cause its bout to be the holiday season soon and now the good stuff is coming out like RE6 and ACIII

  20. #20
    No Game No Life
    RaveNScythE18's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lastation
    Posts
    1,169
    Reputation
    106

    Seriously dude use multi-quote and don't spam/double post whatever.






    Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG
    0
    0
    0
    0


    Checklist || GFX Showcase


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO