Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on?

This is a discussion on Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Read Dead Redempton and Assassins Creed 2. Played for a few hours, couldnt get into it so left it for ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Read Dead Redempton and Assassins Creed 2. Played for a few hours, couldnt get into it so left it for like half a year. Now they 2 of my fave ever ps3 games

Closing this account

I have to say Final Fantasy 13. I really didn't like RPG's and I felt they were kinda lame but I kinda eased into with Dragon Quest 8 in 2008 and found out I kinda like being part of that lame bunch. Just like mayus, I will never touch FF13-2.

Lvl 6 - Silver

borderlands I got the game cheap thought it was kinda boring tryed it again a year later and I love it

Lvl 6 - Silver

Had pretty much this same experience with both Modern Warfare 2 and Dead Space. Wasn't really overwhelmed with either of them initially, but after some time I've grown to love both games (and especially in the case of Dead Space, the series as well). Quite a good deal.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Galaxy beauty pirate

Assassins Creed 2. Just thought it wasn't really my game in the beginning, but now its one of my favorites.
    Sig by Ramon

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

When i first started playing Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions i didn't really care for it and i thought it was boring. But after a year i think as thats the gap between a couple of trophys, i decided to pick it up and give it another go and i'm glad i did. I don't know what happend or why i thought different of it but i just did and i really liked the trophy images too lol.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

inFamous for me. I tried the demo and didn't like it. Then I played the full game trial on ps+ about a year later and I really liked it. Now I have both the games included Festival of Blood which I just got 100% on and I really enjoy them.
    Thanks to xEl_Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It was Skyrim for me, started it, was pretty bored, went on to better things, brother gets the plat so I give it a try and get hooked lol

Chuck Norris Approved.

Borderlands and RDR. I rented them with Gamefly and after a few hours with Borderlands I couldn't get into and sent it back. With RDR the opening part of the game was just utter boring shit and I sent it back. I had them mailed again during a slow spell in games and ended buying them both the second go round. I also agree with the op, I couldn't get enough of Borderlands and played it long after I had the plat for it.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Legalize it...

Ive done it with plenty of games. Borderlands is one I passed on because it was a FPS, but I tried it out and got hooked...

PRO Member

Ive had this problem with both games ive played alittle then games where i just watch gameplay before actually playing.

Fallout 3 believe it or not, I didnt want to buy because I was afraid i would hate all the changes since the originals.. but eventually in 2010 i think is when I finally tried it out and man its easily my favorite Single Player game now.

As for games ive tried a bit, quit for multiple reasons, then come back later only to love it. Only have a few..
    -Killzone 2
    -Bioshock

Dragon Age 2 is a very odd game for me.. i love and hate it, i think the only reason why i like this game is because it does indeed have a interesting story for the later half of the game, but when it first came out i played it nonstop till i beat it. Took at 7-8 month break and came back later to do my 2nd playthrough and couldnt stomach to finish the game i hated it so much (LOL?) Then finally few more months more later i came back and all the sudden i was able to play the game and finish my 2nd playthrough almost non stop and i really enjoyed it again.

So yeah, Dragon Age 2 was pretty much a bipolar thrill ride for me.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Fallout: New Vegas. I hated it at first, but then I bought it for $12 and all DLC, and I love it now

Same with The Witcher 2

Jinx? ...Stands for Jinx!

I have to say Batman: Arkham Asylum and GT5, I had little urge in both at the beginning but now they're some of my favourites.

Thanks to Luckay for this Signature and Dare_xLw Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Aes Dana

Dead Space Extraction.

After getting the platinum for Dead Space 2, i decided to give extraction a go and i hated it! I only recently decided to give it another chance and it is actually pretty good.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Probably Just Cause 2, detested the hell out of it when i bought it, when it became free on PS Plus i gave it another shot, still has some of the worst voice acting in modern gaming but felt a bit better about playing by skipping every cutscene.
    Got bored though, probably play again in a quiet patch.

PRO Member

Batman Arkham Asylum and Bioshock for me. hated them at the start but now I love them

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i've on hold darksiders, x-man: wolverine, dinasty warriors: strikeforce, Prototype, trine 2, the saboteur and dark souls. i'm still digesting a few games, others are waiting for me to have worse games for playing.

Angel of Death

Hm, probably Fallout 3 for me. Played for an hour or two on the PS3, hated it. My friend let me borrow it on the 360, and actually liked it. I still need to get the Plat though.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Initially, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about Metal Gear Solid, way back in 1998. I was hoping it would have been a decent action-adventure game where I could run around being Rambo and just killing everything in sight. Started playing it, and saw that Snake had a very small Life bar, started with no weapons or gear, and that the game revolved around staying hidden from the enemy and only fighting them when absolutely necessary. I didn't really see the point of a stealth game, so I dismissed it for a while and played some other stuff. Came back to it later on and decided to give it another shot - and the rest, as they say, is history.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Surprisingly enough it was Dead Space for me. I didn't like the demo at all. Picked it up at a later date and ended up being one of my favorite games ever.
    This is exactly what happened with me. I hated the demo but decided to pick it up once it got to $20 to see if I had missed something and oh how I had. Still one of my favorites to date.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast