Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on?

This is a discussion on Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Bioshock. It just seemed eerie, and knowing how I don't like horror, I thought it would be awful, or just ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Bioshock. It just seemed eerie, and knowing how I don't like horror, I thought it would be awful, or just not my type of game, after playing the demo, I was right. I would never play it. I picked it up officially at Gorilla Games for about $15.00. Best $15 I've spent in a long time.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

PRO Member

I initially played the demo for Uncharted, the first one, and I didn't like it. Then after watching The Tester and seeing Uncharted 2 as the finale challenge, I decided to give it another chance since Uncharted 2 looked so great. Now I'm an addict!

The One and Only

There has yet to be a game where that happened to me. It might happen when I get to Dark Souls.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

BL2 is awesome and i knew it would be. Red Dead Redemption i wasnt sure about that or Call of Juarez, RDR is one of the best games ever made, glad i chose it at $60 over COJ $20

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For me it was Resident Evil 5. I did not like Resident Evil 4 when I got it back on the Gamecube, to me it felt like they made a different game, then tacked on Leon & Ada & named it RE4 so it would sell, it just didn't feel like RE. So I passed on RE5 because I thought it was just gonna be more RE4. A year or so later I went ahead & bought it because I was looking for something to play with friends other then Call of Duty, & that was a game many of them had in common. At 1st I wasn't really into it, but after I finished Fallout 3 & God of War Collection that I bought with RE5, I focused on it & it became one of my top 3 or 4 Resident Evil games.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Fallout 3 - A friend left her xbox copy at my house and never came to pick it up so I tried it out, then went two years without trying it again. I just didn't know what the fuck I was doing after leaving the vault. I never got to Megaton because I couldn't navigate and I would always die to feral dogs and bandits. Two summers later I was hooked on it, so much in fact that I purchased it when I moved out and switched to ps3.

Borderlands - I had it for xbox and thought it was mediocre. Having shitty internet at the time probably factored into it as well. Then, I tried it again last month with PS+ and I kinda like it now

Mass Effect - Same friend who left her copy of Fallout 3 at my house also left this at my house. I popped it in, got the first achievement, then never played it again. I think I lost that game.
    But I played 2 and 3 and now enjoy the series and look forward to 1 coming to PSN.

Banned

Never happened to me before, if I buy a game, I buy it for a reason.
    Also judging by the comments the title should be 'Games you initially hated but later silently suffered through them for the platinum'.

I'm A Walking Anime......

Mine was for Marvel vs Capcom 2, I hated that game when i was little, probably because I sucked, Since I got it for 6$ on the PSN store, i loved the game ever since
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

Borderlands, tried it by myself and hated it. Than my brother want to play it it was fun. This was before I had internet so I couldn't play online.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I did that with Borderlands as well as LittleBigPlanet, and then on a whim, one day I tried the demo, and loved it, bought it shortly after, as for Borderlands I didn't even bother trying it, until a friend suggested it to me, then I got the game of the year edition, and loved it.

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    Borderlands, tried it by myself and hated it. Than my brother want to play it it was fun. This was before I had internet so I couldn't play online.

This exactly... I had played Rage and hated it, and played Borderlands for like 2 hours, and said yuck... then played it again and realized the err in my ways. Now i'm 20 levels into Borderlands 2 after platting the first one.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Metal Gear Solid 4 - It was the second game I bought, what was last year... before I bought the ps3, I didn't know about trophies, but when I played RE5 GE and got the plat, I was so excited, that discovering that MGS4 had no trophy was a great turn down. I was always postponing playing it, and only went through the first chapter terribly bored... until they released the trophy patch... and then I discovered that though the gameplay wasn't one of my favorites, the story that seemed foggy at first, turn out to be outstanding, making this game my second favorite in the ps3 era.

Demon's Souls - Well... at first, I was like... THIS FUCKING GAME IS TOO DAMN HARD, I CAN'T STAND THIS... then, only to challenge myself, I decided to go on anyway. And then I noticed that it wasn't thaaaat hard... I just chose the wrong starting class. After doing some upgrades, and paying attention to enemy behaviour, 90% of the game became piece of cake
    Thought it isn't one of my favorites, it changed from an greatly annoying game to a good rpg, I just wish there were more storytelling cinematics and character development, instead of just scattered dialogues (or monologues, because you never talk... )
    I get, I plat. And that's it.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Um, Dragon Age: Origins.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

nope.

every game i have been 100% correct on. i am a game psychic.

Retired

Yup.

1. Uncharted, at first, I couldn't get myself to play the game (1), but then I bought Uncharted: Golden Abyss and I just LOVED the series.
    2. Jak II, simply because I felt like they just wanted to follow the trend and keep up, I still think that, but I love the game much more.
    3. inFAMOUS, got it from the WB programme, at first I thought 'Wow, Sucker Punch went from Sly Cooper to this?' . But months later I replayed it and I was hooked!
    4. Dead Nation, same as above, I thought I made a mistake getting DN from the WB programme instead of some other game. But boy was I wrong.
    5. God of War - At first I just used to play whenever my cousin came over, months later, I was bored with nothing to play, so I started GOW and it was an absolute blast!

Yup. Funny thing is, I have the plat for almost all of them except for Uncharted 1, which I'm slowly looking to platinum.

PRO Member

Bioshock, I've enjoyed a lot more the second time I finished it. Can't wait to play the second one

Lvl 6 - Silver

Final Fantasy XIII... ended up being one of the most entertaining plats I've ever obtained

Gotham's Reckoning

Fallout: New Vegas - It was the first Fallout game I've played and couldn't figure out the controls and understand what I 'm even meant to do so I left for a while before giving it another go and rather enjoyed it by the time I platted it.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 5 - Silver

1. Bioshock

2. Sly cooper

3. Shadow of the colossus

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

I did this with Fallout 3. I picked it up and put it down twice. I took the third time for me to become absolutely enamored with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast