Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on?

This is a discussion on Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; First of all, I'm sorry if this thread has been done before... I looked around but I didn't find any. ...

Its plugged into the wall

Ever dismissed a game to find it great later on?

First of all, I'm sorry if this thread has been done before... I looked around but I didn't find any.

So I got Borderlands (the first one) for some time ago, and I tried it out, but I just couldn't get into it. I found it boring and cheap at times and it was just not very appealing.

Then Borderlands 2 came out and I thought that I would give the first Borderlands another chance... And now I can't put the damn controller down. I've spent this entire weekend just playing Borderlands. For this reason alone I've decided to make Borderlands my 50th plat. because Borderlands has earned it.

So has anyone tried this. First finding a game bad/dull/mediocre to actually like it after another try or something alike?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Resident PHD

The only one I can really think of was Final Fantasy 13.

I kept hearing how terrible the game was and what a betrayal it was to the Final Fantasy franchise, so I just skipped it. One day I was really in the mood to play a JPRG so I decided to give it a chance.

Now I am not going to act like the game is perfect, but it turned out to be a very fun RPG. The story was stupid (but most final fantasy games are) but the graphics were amazing, the battle system was fun, the characters actually grew on me (and I cared what was going to happen to them) and in the end I enjoyed my experience.

Now FF13-2 on the other hand

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

♚ Overlord ♔

Same goes for me with L.A Noire. I couldn't get into the traffic causes its so boring in my opinion, a few gunfights made the game kinda like a chore look for clues and then car chase. So fast ward I picked it up again just for kicks and found that I liked the last mission on traffic and very enjoyed homicide (like Jack The Ripper kinda) . Though I really couldn't stop playing after Cole when from Vice to Arson, The story got really good then.
    Next thing I know, platinum.

♚ Overlord ♔

Oops, Double post sorry guys

PRO Member

The first one that comes to mind for me was Socom 4. When I first played it I thought it was ok at best. Played a month later and loved it and couldn't put it down unto getting the plat.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

No Game No Life

Final Fantasy XII. I like the story although I didn't like how the battle system was. After spending countless hours, it actually grew on me. Next thing I know I already spent 200 hours in the game and achieved 100%. I know I have achieved 100% because I completed the Sky Pirates Den and achieved the rank of Order of Ambrosia. Damn I wanna see a FF XII HD and I would like to fight Yiazmat again.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 5 - Silver

Bulletstorm watched videos about it and asked my friends who have it what it like they said it not much, then about 2 weeks ago i go buy it because it cheap and then start playing it and then find out it actually a really fun/good game

Lvl 8 - Gold

Okami on PS2. The first time I played the game I didn't like it at all and I only played it for an hour. A few months later I decided to give it another try. I was gonna play the game for a few hours no matter what, and then decide if I want to continue or not.

After a couple of hours I was hooked and I couldn't get enough of it. To this day it's among the best games I have ever played.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I guess for me, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow would be that game. I've had it for a while and whenever I looked at it I just never felt like playing the game. A couple of weeks ago I decided to get a start on it and I gotta say, I think it's an amazing game, better than any God of War I've played in my opinion. The look, sound, story, the way it plays, I've enjoyed all of it. My biggest beef with the game might be camera issues. I wished I had more control over it, but compared to the overall experience it's only a minor issue.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Random Access Memories

Surprisingly enough it was Dead Space for me. I didn't like the demo at all. Picked it up at a later date and ended up being one of my favorite games ever.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

She Got Me Up All Night

For me I have three…..Resident Evil ORC, Dragon Age Origins, and Fallout New Vegas.. Actually recently I did the same to Fallout 3 goty

Change is good

Fallout 3, bought it and played it for a bit but hated it.

Now, it's my favorite ps3 game.

Death to zombies!!

RDR, played it for a few hours and found it really boring so it sat there collecting dust for about a year o how wrong i was to think it was boring

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

Infamous was definately that game for me. I could not get going on it at all, didn't even really get out of the gates. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why so much hype and great reviews. Nearly a year later, while i'm looking through my games to try to clean up my account mess i've created (still working on that, lol), I decide i'm going to just push myself through it and am amazed, if not flabbergasted (needed an opportune moment to use this underappreciated word) at how great and fun it was. Two playthroughs later, in a little over a week, and I wasn't ready for it to be over. Turns out it wasn't ready for me to be done with it either as the 375 blast shards made me start questioning my fulfillment with the game once more!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I was also the same with inFamous, hated it when played the demo, got it for free with the psn outage, played it, platted it, loved it was my first plat so will always hold an extra special place.
    Kinda did the same with GTAIV too, except that when I first had it, I loved it and played it for hours and hours and hours, but this was before my ps3 had trophy support *i think* so I went back to it when I had my trophy addiction, annd fucking hated it, couldn't get back into it. But then I gave it another go and I am 2 trophies from the plat. Glad I did, cause I remembered how much of a blast that game was initially.
    Who knows, maybe Resident Evil 6 will be my next one.. doubt it.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Rangers F.C

I did exact same mate , when Boarderlands got released way back a gave it a miss cause a saw a video and never liked the look of the graphic effect they used , then when PS+ got it gave it a try and would rate it 10/10 easy and funny enough I loved the effect that prevented me from buying in the first place ( forget the name of the effect , what is it ? )
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Kid, not loser

I remember when KOTOR 2 came out I rented it. I stated to hate the game with a passion. It seemed to me one of the worst games ever created. Like why would anyone play this garbage. Then since I didn't want my rental to go to waste I ended up playing it more to get paste much of the beginning annoyance, and found that it was amazing. Luckily I stuck with it because I loved that game in the end. If I dismissed it, I still probably would have thought it was crap. Thank God I am someone who doesn't want to waste a rental. I ended up buying the first and second after that. I still like the second more, even though the story for the first was better.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

bf3, I refused to get it because I hated fps's but 2 of my friends kept telling me over and over to get it and thats all they played for about a month and a half... finally on black friday I picked it up for $25 and since I've logged around 210.5 hours I still don't care for any other fps's but I enjoy playing bf3 and completely ignoring the objectives and playing by our own made up rules with my friends lol (we did a few rounds last night where we saw who could get the most kills using only c4, then grenades, then knives lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    RDR, played it for a few hours and found it really boring so it sat there collecting dust for about a year o how wrong i was to think it was boring
    lol, I did the same thing. except I got it around its release and I havent played it since... and that was around June 2010.
    perhaps I'll come back to it...

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

News Team

Battlefield 3: based on the beta it just felt off, but I got a very good deal on it around the holidays and it has since become one of my favorite games in the military FPS genre.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Yes.

MW2 was on my account for ages, (my kid brother played it and left it at 2%) I was going for 100% and actually enjoyed it. I didn't really like the look of it but after I gave it a try it was ok.

Sig by Smashguy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast