Trophy cleanup

This is a discussion on Trophy cleanup within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just wondering if anyone is like me. I have like 50 games on my list, most I own (or have ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Trophy cleanup

Just wondering if anyone is like me. I have like 50 games on my list, most I own (or have owned), some I borrowed, some I bought and have never played again, and some I don't own. Most of these are games I would be happy to try and plat, but there are some that I wont ever even attempt again - trash panic, echochrome etc. There are also some on my list that I said I would never play again (GTA4, FFXIII), and then realised that I was at a percentage where I have decided to go for the plat anyway, whether I originally liked the game or not. At what percentage does a game on your list make you decide that you have to aim for the 100%? Or if you hated any games enough to not carry on, at what point did you decide to stop?
    For me, anything above 30% means I will at some point try and 100% or platinum it..
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hmmmm I more than likely will attempt the platinum if a game has one. I own all my games that I've played since I don't rent or borrow games so it may be easier for me to put one down and go after another. If I don't like a game so much like my DragonBallz and Naruto I will not ever play it again it's done for those games because I dislike them so much I can't get into them. After I platinum one game I will move on to a low percentage game or play a game I been waiting to play.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 6 - Silver

depends on what i have to do for the plat - it's the old time vs reward conundrum. Some games are not worth grinding over and over again for a single trophy or two to get the plat.
    For instance, i got Guitar Hero Van Halen for free when i bought GH5. No way in hell am i gonna try to get 5 stars on every song on every instrument. I grab what i can, then move on. A lot of the music simulator games are like that - i'm not going to play over and over again to be a virtuoso of a plastic instrument.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    depends on what i have to do for the plat - it's the old time vs reward conundrum. Some games are not worth grinding over and over again for a single trophy or two to get the plat.
    ^^This!!^^ This is my stipulation for for the While I'm enjoying the hell out of the game, if the trophy percentage is 50% or higher once I beaten the game, then hell yeah I'm gonna go for the !! In some cases, I just don't feel like pursuing the in a few games that I've played (Over 160+ I promise. Look at my profile ). If it involves offline trophies for the , then I can come back to it another time, but, if it involves online trophies, depending on the game, I may just try to K.O the online 1st, then get to the rest later (Crysis 2 is a good example of what I just said).

Rise Above

some games i wont platinum because of the online support trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

^^^ exactly the reason why I hate online trophies with a passion. Especially when they make a game unplatinumable. Wish,if the servers went down you get the trophies automatically because it is just redicilous to make the game unbeatable becuase they cant keep online servers up

Rangers F.C

Some games on my list are never going to get a platinum , it is a bit shit looking when you see 2% and so on but its a good indication to people that a game is usually shit and not worth playing , most of my games I will happy leave at around the half way mark normally because I really enjoyed the game but the platinum would be too much more time on it than I was willing to spend and finally my ones sitting at 80%+ are because I loved the game and did not have the skill to finish them off
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    I agree, some games I just won't consider because of the online trophies (but thats a whole other issue).

I say, if I enjoy the game, I keep playing until it's done.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

I have Rock Band 2 and Pain, there is no way I will be getting plat on 'em.

Is there anyway to get rid of them, while still maintaining the original list?

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Unfortunately I have a few that I will never ever be able to get 100% in, but they are luckily just PSN games. (Mushroom Wars and Burn Zombie Burn) Because eff those games.

However, I have been going back to clean up the rest of my games for my own reasons

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Angel of Death

Depends on the game and Plat. I'm incredibly close to a few games, but I stopped them usually because I got bored, or the remaining trophies are a bitch to me. If I don't like a game, I won't bother playing for than 2 hours or so anyway, so those will more than likely remain at a low percent, unless the Plat is short and easy.

Bringing the PAIN

I plat all games... No matter the difficulty.

PPS FTW!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

I have 3 games I know for sure I will never finish, NHL 10 (Servers), Warhawk, and Lost Planet 2. Lately I have been trying to clean up mostly. Moving more games into the 100% section, some of the problem is accessing games I borrowed or rented without finishing or DLC for borrowed games that I especially dont want to pay for.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    I plat all games... No matter the difficulty.

PPS FTW!
    I challenge you to 100% Burn Zombie Burn

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post

the same for me, in gta4 i've tried to get the online ones but my internet sucks, so i'm doomed on oline trophies.
    but most of the games i've own if i like them i try to get the platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would say no matter the game I would try and get the plat.. Hard or not.. Online trophies are the main killers though as a lot of Online trophies are on games that not many people will be able to do before servers are down like Wolfenstein(not saying they will go down but not many people play it I don't think), Possibly Homefront (Don't know how that's fairing since I played last and we're talking first week of release haha)

Far cry 2 was another one with damn stupid online trophies..

Legend...Nuff Said

Depends on how much I love the game, or how easy I think it will be in terms of time to trophy ratio. I have so many games right now, with lots not even popped into the system yet, that I'm focusing on just using a guide to get through all the games once and get as much stuff as possible. Once I am done I move on, and eventually once I get the whole backlog finished, I'll then go back and platinum the games that have a huge grind. This of course is barring a server shutting down soon, in which case if I know I want to plat the game I'll focus on that first.

Its all about the points once you think about it. People who care about trophies usually care about their ranking. Do I spend 10 hours of grinding for a single trophy that is left for a plat (195-270 possible points) or spend those ten hours moving on to a different game and getting possibly from 20% to 80% of the possible points?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have close to 100 games on my trophies. I hate looking at low trophies but hey its life. As i get older i found myself with less time to play and more time to do everything else. If its a game i really like or a game that i want to platinum at some point of my time i will try and replay. Too many games coming out and not enough time to play. Hell i have had this trophy account close to 4yrs and i think i am at a respectful trophy level.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_