Your thought on the playstation 3 collections.

This is a discussion on Your thought on the playstation 3 collections. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I like that the bundle PS3 games together like the God of War Saga and Infamous Collection and the soon ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Your thought on the playstation 3 collections.

I like that the bundle PS3 games together like the God of War Saga and Infamous Collection and the soon released Assassin Creed Trilogy but the blue ray is so powerful, why don't the put all the on one disc like the HD collections.I hope Assassin Creed Trilogy will be on one disc. I was about to buy one of the assassin creed games and than it was announced. Some else great about this collections is that you get all DLC plus 3 game for $40.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Plats-O'-War!!

Dude, your posting new threads like crazy :stare:, your not attempting to spam are you?

Banned

Because they are too big to fit onto one blu-ray disc unlike last gen games.
    But I must say, I admire your persistence!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Dude, your posting new threads like crazy :stare:, your not attempting to spam are you?
    No it not spam just want to know what you guys think.
    Are awesome

Lvl 6 - Silver

I like the idea of the collections only problem is I already own some or most of the games being put into collections so far

The One and Only

I'm not too sure what you mean. Do you mean that you wished that they put the different HD collections, all in one disc (like GoW and inFamous in one disc)? If so, I don't agree with that. First off, that would cost way too much money, and people might only be interested in playing one collection and not want to pay for the price of others. I don't see what's the problem with more blu-ray discs for separate collections anyway, better than having to find it on stores that still sell the games and getting them on the PS2, with each game of a collection being separate.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I'm not too sure what you mean. Do you mean that you wished that they put the different HD collections, all in one disc (like GoW and inFamous in one disc)? If so, I don't agree with that. First off, that would cost way too much money, and people might only be interested in playing one collection and not want to pay for the price of others. I don't see what's the problem with more blu-ray discs for separate collections anyway, better than having to find it on stores that still sell the games and getting them on the PS2, with each game of a collection being separate.
    \
    No I mean for example there is 2 Infamous on 1 disc. For god of war the could have 2 disc 3 game on one and two on the other.
    Are awesome

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    \
    No I mean for example there is 2 Infamous on 1 disc. For god of war the could have 2 disc 3 game on one and two on the other.
    I see what you mean now.

I can agree with that, as long as they're in the same case.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Because they are too big to fit onto one blu-ray disc unlike last gen games.
    But I must say, I admire your persistence!
    The blue ray was Assassin Creed Revelation came with the 1st one. MOH 2010 came with MOH Frontline. One movie based game came with the movie on the blue ray.
    Are awesome

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I see what you mean now.

I can agree with that, as long as they're in the same case.
    Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I don't make sense.
    Are awesome

Lvl 9 - Gold

I like the Collections, as long as the price is significantly lower than the individual games.
    For example, I wouldn't get GoW Saga because I could get all the games used for a cheaper price, plus I'd have them all on disc and not the voucher for the PSP games.
    I also like them as long as all the games are available separately, I wouldn't want to get a collection (Mass Effect Trilogy) for only one game that wouldn't be available as a standalone. Thankfully so far it has not been the case.
    It's a great idea for people just getting PS3s or that didn't have a chance to play the classics like inFAMOUS or Assassin's Creed.

I just wish they added stuff like avatars or themes, the PS+ free month is nice but you know, I prefer stuff that will last forever, like the avatars included with the Journey Collector's Edition.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Hero of Kvatch

I think it's a good idea, it's a good way to get some games cheaper. DLC throw in for free is good too seeing as how overpriced it is on PSN

"War, war never changes."

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I like the Collections, as long as the price is significantly lower than the individual games.
    For example, I wouldn't get GoW Saga because I could get all the games used for a cheaper price, plus I'd have them all on disc and not the voucher for the PSP games.
    I also like them as long as all the games are available separately, I wouldn't want to get a collection (Mass Effect Trilogy) for only one game that wouldn't be available as a standalone. Thankfully so far it has not been the case.
    It's a great idea for people just getting PS3s or that didn't have a chance to play the classics like inFAMOUS or Assassin's Creed.

I just wish they added stuff like avatars or themes, the PS+ free month is nice but you know, I prefer stuff that will last forever, like the avatars included with the Journey Collector's Edition.
    I wished Jak and Daxter Collection had some extras in the collection.
    Last edited by Randy66; 10-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Are awesome

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    I wished Sly Collection would of had a theme. It would be great to get some little extras in the collection.
    There were some minigames.... That's better than nothing in my book.

Yes, I do like the collections, it gives the late birds a chance of picking these up (for example I can soon play the whole trilogy of Killzone and Mass Effect). If they are all going to fit on one disc, then they need to drop the resolution like crazy for it to fit, so I'm fine with the three games = three discs policy.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post

Yes, I do like the collections, it gives the late birds a chance of picking these up (for example I can soon play the whole trilogy of Killzone and Mass Effect). If they are all going to fit on one disc, then they need to drop the resolution like crazy for it to fit, so I'm fine with the three games = three discs policy.
    Good point, I never thought about that.
    Are awesome

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_TKO View Post
    I think it's a good idea, it's a good way to get some games cheaper. DLC throw in for free is good too seeing as how overpriced it is on PSN
    15 bucks for 3 maps or 3 new short missions is outrageous.
    Are awesome