Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Renting Games

This is a discussion on Renting Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've been thinking about renting games for the last few days. I rented few years ago The Force Unleashed but ...

PRO Member

Renting Games

I've been thinking about renting games for the last few days. I rented few years ago The Force Unleashed but didn't get to finish it (I eventually did 100% of it by getting it from someone), so I know the pros and cons of it.

My question is, are there any good games you can actually finish and enjoy in 2-3 days?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Do you have GameFly or Blockbuster available in your area? For right around the price of two rentals, you can get a month of their service to keep a game as long as you'd like.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I got Sleeping Dogs from Redbox for a day and was able to finish the main story. It was really enjoyable. I plan on renting it for one more day real soon to complete the races and collectibles.

Ribbon by Beam

Lvl 6 - Silver

only 2 to 3 days per rental the only place around me that rents games other than redbox gives you the game for 7 days

PRO Member

Closest (and honestly only in my area) place is called Game, and it's kinda expensive, 2-3€ for two days and then 1€ for every day you have it. I've been curious about Dead Space, you can probably finish the story in two days right?

PRO Member

I use GameFly, awesome service and i get to keep the games for as long as I want, now, you are in the UK and I am in USA so, this will not help you and yes, Dead space can be finished in 2 days without obtaining all the trophies thou.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Local libraries usually have free games to rent for free for seven days.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Lovefilm is where i rent from, can have two at a time and keep as long as you like for about 10 a month with streaming movie service.

Legalize it...

My Blockbuster does by the day now, $2 for new games $1 for older games. Also, most Redboxes only have newer games, but I think its only like $2 a day to rent from it...

Saints Row IV

I rent all my games so here a few games that you can finish in 2-3 days:

Skyrim (ONLY MAIN STORY)
    Red Dead Redemption
    Blur (If you dont worry about trophys)

These r the one i now remember.I will tell you more l8ter
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well, great games that you can probably finish in 2-3 days would be any God of War game, Sly Cooper, El Shaddai, the Uncharted games, Heavy Rain, Vanquish, the Metal Gear Solid games, Beat 'em up like Sengoku Basara or Dynasty Warriors (don't expect to get 100% on these ones though, takes 100+ hours, but can be enjoyed casually as well), and Dante's Inferno.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Thanks for the tips, I'll see if I can find a local library

I already have many of the games you guys said, I think I'll get Heavy Rain and Vanquish

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I've been thinking about renting games for the last few days. I rented few years ago The Force Unleashed but didn't get to finish it (I eventually did 100% of it by getting it from someone), so I know the pros and cons of it.

My question is, are there any good games you can actually finish and enjoy in 2-3 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Do you have GameFly or Blockbuster available in your area? For right around the price of two rentals, you can get a month of their service to keep a game as long as you'd like.
    I quoted mihalick as they asked a good question. For the most part, You can rent games, and there are many you can enjoy and dont take more than 3 days. THe thing is, are you a person that will finish the game? As you did with your example, you will need to borrow or rent it again if you didnt finish it before returning?

Crocodile Hunter

Get a game rental service if you can man, I use the Australian version of it and its great, ive had their games sitting on my shelf for about month now because i cant be fucked to play them lol

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

I could tell you a lot of games that are quick to plat, but do this and you'll be able to tell on your own.

1. Check the trophy guide and see how many hours is needed to plat the game.
    2. Look on other sites to see how long others took to plat the game you're interested in.

I rent games that can be done in 2 weeks or less, no point buying a game you know you'll never go back to right? Check out my trophies.. I used to rent 2 games a month

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

^Yeah that's my view about renting, it's playing a game I wouldn't spend a lot of money because of not being sure or just playing it once or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I have many games and I love buying them and playing with them forever, but I think renting opens new possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I quoted mihalick as they asked a good question. For the most part, You can rent games, and there are many you can enjoy and dont take more than 3 days. THe thing is, are you a person that will finish the game? As you did with your example, you will need to borrow or rent it again if you didnt finish it before returning?
    Yeah when I start something I finish it, that's why I'd rather rent a game with for example no online mode or just story like Heavy Rain than a sandbox you know what I mean?

I don't really have as much options to go to as you guys have but I'll ask around, thanks for the replies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

1 Free Month of Gamefly Xbox 360 PS3 Ninentendo Wii

You can get a free month of Gamefly using the link below. It's valid because I'm a current member and looking for referrals, but really, you get 2 games of your choice for a whole month. No obligation to stay on after that month and it's free to cancel whenever.

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/NbRDh

P.S. Right now I already have Halo 4 coming my way and looking forward to receiving COD: Black Ops 2 within a week of its release date.

PRO Member

The library is a great resource for free rentals, you just have to abide by their return policies.

You should play Splatterhouse, great game, enjoyable and I beat the Brutal difficulty within 6 hours. You can easily plat this one in 2 days max. Also, no online trophies or MP.

I would highly recommend it

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    The library is a great resource for free rentals, you just have to abide by their return policies.

You should play Splatterhouse, great game, enjoyable and I beat the Brutal difficulty within 6 hours. You can easily plat this one in 2 days max. Also, no online trophies or MP.

I would highly recommend it

Your library lets you check out video games?!?! what the….. I live in the all the wrong places

^^^^^^^^^Made by BEAM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Your library lets you check out video games?!?! what the….. I live in the all the wrong places
    My library lets me check out video games, but the thing is, is that all the games are mostly for Xbox or PS2, barely any games for PS3.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast