Nomura: "It'd be unusual if there wasn't a Kingdom Hearts II HD"

This is a discussion on Nomura: "It'd be unusual if there wasn't a Kingdom Hearts II HD" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Kingdom Heart's Series Director Tetsuya Nomura mentions in this week's Famitsu Weekly interview that "it'd be unusual if there wasn't" ...

PRO Member

Nomura: "It'd be unusual if there wasn't a Kingdom Hearts II HD"

Kingdom Heart's Series Director Tetsuya Nomura mentions in this week's Famitsu Weekly interview that "it'd be unusual if there wasn't" in regards to KINGDOM HEARTS II HD.

He also gives new information about the HD Collection

- The old models of Sora and the other characters have been replaced with their updated versions from KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance], and gameplay has been revamped to be more similar to KINGDOM HEARTS II.

-
    The screen ratio and gauge placement have also been revised.

- Nomura thought of doing a full remake for
    358/2 Days, but since it was too late to start work on a new title, it was done in the form of Theater mode.

Source:
    Nomura Interview in Famitsu Mentions KHII HD! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Resident PHD

You know what at this point I don't care anymore. KH was fun back in the day, but either release the games or stop talking about it. The PSP and DS games sucked and honestly I have lost faith that KH3 will be any good.

I am so sick of companies (valve and square are the worst for this) just talking about games and trying to stay relevant. Square has like a dozen games it keeps talking about, but so far we haven't seen hide nor hair of any of them. Just release one game, then go back and start talking about the rest.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    The PSP and DS games sucked.
    But Birth by Sleep and 3D had similar mechanics to I and II... And they both had great plots too.

Anyways, I was expecting this anyway... I mean, it would be pretty stupid if they DIDN'T release II HD. I just want a Western announcement dammit!>_<

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You know what at this point I don't care anymore. KH was fun back in the day, but either release the games or stop talking about it. The PSP and DS games sucked and honestly I have lost faith that KH3 will be any good.

I am so sick of companies (valve and square are the worst for this) just talking about games and trying to stay relevant. Square has like a dozen games it keeps talking about, but so far we haven't seen hide nor hair of any of them. Just release one game, then go back and start talking about the rest.
    I kinda agree with you. It doesn't seem like Square Enix is really working at anything... And it's hard to keep up with KH franchise when they scatter it on 5 different consoles. With that said I think you overreact here. KH3 has still potential to be good (and the DS and PSP games were pretty okay in my book)... the question is if it has potential to be released at all.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Great news. Still an amazing series. While Re:Coded and 358/2 Days were botched, they provided awesome bumps in the story. Birth By Sleep was amazing and playing through 3D is incredible as well. 3D also was kind enough to provide an encyclopedia of every previous game summary and glossary for every term thus far.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I kinda agree with you. It doesn't seem like Square Enix is really working at anything... And it's hard to keep up with KH franchise when they scatter it on 5 different consoles. With that said I think you overreact here. KH3 has still potential to be good (and the DS and PSP games were pretty okay in my book)... the question is if it has potential to be released at all.
    Of course any game has the potential to be good, but when it is all talk and no action then I tend to get a little annoyed. If they truly have been working on it (and versus 13) then where are some screen shots, a trailer, heck even a teaser.

Show us something, or stop talking about it until you have something to show us.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    ... And it's hard to keep up with KH franchise when they scatter it on 5 different consoles
    Exactly. I liked 'Birth by Sleep', but I haven't played the DS and 3DS ones for obvious reasons, so it's hard to keep up. Anyway the first Kingdom Hearts is awesome and the GBA 'Chain of Memories' was pretty cool, so it'll be interesting to play it with PS2 graphics.

Lvl 4 - Silver

It would be dumb not to release the second one in HD afterwards this collection or why not put it in the collection too.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome