First Assassin's Creed 3 DLC announced

This is a discussion on First Assassin's Creed 3 DLC announced within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Today, Ubisoft has announced the first DLC pack for Assassin's Creed 3 , titled The Tyranny of King Washington, which ...

The Last of my Kind

First Assassin's Creed 3 DLC announced

Today, Ubisoft has announced the first DLC pack for Assassin's Creed 3, titled The Tyranny of King Washington, which would be a spin off DLC, that plays a role of more like a 'what if' dlc rather than adding to the main story of the game. The Downloadable Content follows the tale of the first president of United States of America, who decides he wants to be king. Ubisoft has said that the mini-story will play across 3 DLC episodes and will have a more fun aspect to the story of the 'Birth of America'. There is no actual release date but, Ubisoft have said that the DLC will be available in the Season Pass, which includes new Multiplayer maps and Characters. The price for the AC III Season pass is $29.99 on the PS3, and will allow the gamers who purchase it to 1 week early releases of the DLC's as well as 25% off all the DLC content.

Quote from article:
    “History is our playground – and AC teams have always loved playing with historical facts and their consequences as a way to better understand a time period,” Ubisoft executive producer Sebastien Puel said in the announcement. “While Assassin’s Creed III concentrates on history as it happens, we wanted to take some liberties with this DLC and tell you how things ‘could have happened.’”

The first president of the United States of America—George Washington—decides that he instead wants to be king? And you’ve got to take him down? Craaaazy!
    Source: EGM

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Bold move. Looking forward to it!

INTJ

thread song

Forget I Was Ever Here

Question: why does it say you get all the DLC in the pass but then it says 25% off?!?! Avatars or themes? I never did the season pass so maybe I don't understand it right

It is time for me to go underground

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Question: why does it say you get all the DLC in the pass but then it says 25% off?!?! Avatars or themes? I never did the season pass so maybe I don't understand it right
    I think it means that if you buy the season pass (which includes all dlcs), you will spend 25% less than if you bought all the dlc as they were released.

Lvl 6 - Silver

sounds like fun... for all of you that are getting this.

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    I think it means that if you buy the season pass (which includes all dlcs), you will spend 25% less than if you bought all the dlc as they were released.
    Right. In this case I'm guessing four DLC packs at $9.99 a piece, so the total would be around $40. If you buy the pass, you get them all and it's only $30, hence the 25% savings.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Glad to see there's going to be SP dlc and not just MP dlc like they did with Revelations.

What Pancake said. By buying the season pass you pay $30 while if you buy all the dlc individually you'd pay $40.

PRO Member

I'm against this DLC mentality... that said, I'll probably still buy it

Threat

I wonder if you'll have to get far in the story to unlock this since Washington is part of the main story
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Kiwi Defender

Yay for Ubisoft, announcing DLC before the game is even released . Activision is surely proud.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

DC

Sig by Smashguy