• Plants vs. Zombie

1 2.33%
  • Resident Evil

17 39.53%
  • Ghost and Goblins

1 2.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Favorite Zombie Franchise *Poll*

This is a discussion on Favorite Zombie Franchise *Poll* within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Zi Cloud - wiki, was just a quick to find out what they are labeled as.... Gamestop - Silent Hill ...

PRO Member

Zi Cloud - wiki, was just a quick to find out what they are labeled as....

Gamestop - Silent Hill 2 follows the sad story of James Sunderland as he woefully enters the sleepy town by a mysterious letter from his deceased wife. Seeking the chance to see her again beckoned by guilt and remorse, he stumbles upon his these fears manifested through unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. The fight against the truth that his wife has died, James must escape the lumbering demon Red Pyramid (a.k.a Pyramid Head) along with his mystified fears that have taken the form of living monsters within the haze that is Silent Hill.

Konami - Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams follows the sad story of James Sunderland as he woefully enters the sleepy town by a mysterious letter from his deceased wife. Seeking the chance to see her again beckoned by guilt and remorse, he stumbles upon his these fears manifested through unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. The fight against the truth that his wife has died, James must escape the lumbering demon Red Pyramid (a.k.a Pyramid Head) along with his mystified fears that have taken the form of living monsters within the haze that is Silent Hill

dude, there all labeled as Monsters not Zombies...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Zi Cloud - wiki, was just a quick to find out what they are labeled as....

Gamestop - Silent Hill 2 follows the sad story of James Sunderland as he woefully enters the sleepy town by a mysterious letter from his deceased wife. Seeking the chance to see her again beckoned by guilt and remorse, he stumbles upon his these fears manifested through unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. The fight against the truth that his wife has died, James must escape the lumbering demon Red Pyramid (a.k.a Pyramid Head) along with his mystified fears that have taken the form of living monsters within the haze that is Silent Hill.

Konami - Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams follows the sad story of James Sunderland as he woefully enters the sleepy town by a mysterious letter from his deceased wife. Seeking the chance to see her again beckoned by guilt and remorse, he stumbles upon his these fears manifested through unseen evil and ominous characters leading him to the asylum of another world. The fight against the truth that his wife has died, James must escape the lumbering demon Red Pyramid (a.k.a Pyramid Head) along with his mystified fears that have taken the form of living monsters within the haze that is Silent Hill

dude, there all labeled as Monsters not Zombies...
    You said it, it is just a d%$mmit label, nothing more. Did you read what I wrote before? Because it doesn't appear...

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Zicloud View Post
    And that is your best resource? A Wikipedia page?

Since when do we have to adapt to what an encyclopedia of its class says? Well, if that is what you want...

"A monster is any fictional creature, usually found in legends or horror fiction, that is often hideous and may produce fear or physical harm by either its appearance or its actions."

That's exactly what a zombie represents and does and if we follow your stupid logic of agree with what Wikipedia says we should know that:

"A zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi; North Mbundu: nzumbe)
    is an animated corpse resurrected back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft.[1]"

Thing that curiously happens in the game.

And this is where you fucked up all:

Your logic is:

Map: It is only a zombie if it is called like that
    Mip: It is not called "zombie"
    C: It is not a zombie

Now let's see the The Walking Dead case: it is a comic/TV series about zombies, there are a lot of people, including the own creators, that know and recognize them as zombies, and what is more strange: those monsters act just like zombies; so, do you think that nobody cares, as you are doing, by the fact of them being called "walkers" (not zombies) and thinking that because they are not called like that they are not that? That's pretty stupid.

And for finishing, and making sense with your weak arguments, Cameron Lucas, from Yahoo Answers, answering to Rob Smith question, that was "Is Silent Hill about zombies, cannibals or neither?", said that "(...)Also, the monsters are varied because it's more of a haunted town than anything. You will see a lot of zombies, Y E S. Maybe a jabberwocky, creepy demon children (which personally I find ******* horrifying) and monsters and general mutated things are thrown in the mix. Not to mention the creepy ghost girl."

Yeah, I know that is pretty stupid considering that I don't even know who is Cameron Lucas (maybe is a "he" or a "her"), but that's how you are arguing, quoting anything that could be quouted, so there you have.

Greetings.

PD: The discussion could have been if the Silent Hill franchise could be considered one zombie franchise and I wouldn't have argued because, and I'm going to say this for you too, those are not a video games series focused in the zombie topic (although I could think some different). But as what you claimed was that there weren't zombies, well... you digged your own and loser grave.

PD2: If you didn't know, a zombie is a kind of monster too.
    This is the spammer , its gotta be
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Zicloud View Post
    And that is your best resource? A Wikipedia page?

Since when do we have to adapt to what an encyclopedia of its class says? Well, if that is what you want...

"A monster is any fictional creature, usually found in legends or horror fiction, that is often hideous and may produce fear or physical harm by either its appearance or its actions."

That's exactly what a zombie represents and does and if we follow your stupid logic of agree with what Wikipedia says we should know that:

"A zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi; North Mbundu: nzumbe)
    is an animated corpse resurrected back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft.[1]"

Thing that curiously happens in the game.

And this is where you fucked up all:

Your logic is:

Map: It is only a zombie if it is called like that
    Mip: It is not called "zombie"
    C: It is not a zombie

Now let's see the The Walking Dead case: it is a comic/TV series about zombies, there are a lot of people, including the own creators, that know and recognize them as zombies, and what is more strange: those monsters act just like zombies; so, do you think that nobody cares, as you are doing, by the fact of them being called "walkers" (not zombies) and thinking that because they are not called like that they are not that? That's pretty stupid.

And for finishing, and making sense with your weak arguments, Cameron Lucas, from Yahoo Answers, answering to Rob Smith question, that was "Is Silent Hill about zombies, cannibals or neither?", said that "(...)Also, the monsters are varied because it's more of a haunted town than anything. You will see a lot of zombies, Y E S. Maybe a jabberwocky, creepy demon children (which personally I find ******* horrifying) and monsters and general mutated things are thrown in the mix. Not to mention the creepy ghost girl."

Yeah, I know that is pretty stupid considering that I don't even know who is Cameron Lucas (maybe is a "he" or a "her"), but that's how you are arguing, quoting anything that could be quouted, so there you have.

Greetings.

PD: The discussion could have been if the Silent Hill franchise could be considered one zombie franchise and I wouldn't have argued because, and I'm going to say this for you too, those are not a video games series focused in the zombie topic (although I could think some different). But as what you claimed was that there weren't zombies, well... you digged your own and loser grave.

PD2: If you didn't know, a zombie is a kind of monster too.
    The Silent Hill series games are not zombie games at all.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

RE and SH for sure

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post
    RE and SH for sure
    Do you see? I'm not the only one .

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    The Silent Hill series games are not zombie games at all.
    Did you read when I said that "PD: The discussion could have been if the Silent Hill franchise could be considered one zombie franchise and I wouldn't have argued because, and I'm going to say this for you too, those are not a video games series focused in the zombie topic"?

NSFW

Wow, we really can't get in discussions about everything. I always thought that those monsters were just monsters that represented the psychological torment the protagonist faced. There may be zombies in the game, but they are not all zombies. And if that's the case, we might as well include Half-Life and other irrelevant franchises.

Oh well.. I voted The Walking Dead. Shit's great.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Resident PHD

There are no Zombies in Silent Hill.

Anyways back on topic. Why isn't Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on there?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    There are no Zombies in Silent Hill.

Anyways back on topic. Why isn't Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on there?
    Thats funny...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 7 - Gold

Classic Resident Evil. You know, tank controls and fixed camera views.

I really enjoyed how 0 tried to give a reasonable explanation to why standard human zombies eat other people. (They become part Leech) Very few franchises ever give such a plausible reason for why zombies are trying to eat your face. Though the core of the game isn't even about zombies. it is the hunter and lickers that are the main cast. Plus I do not recall the word "Zombie" being used in the first two games.?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Really loving the walking dead at the moment so I voted for it, I would have voted for Resident Evil but the latest game are way to action/shooter based and not good old fashioned survival horror like the first 3 games. Note: Fave zombie film 28 days later

PRO Member

Huge fan of the Walking Dead...single issue comics though, not the television series

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Resident Evil is the best. My bro lent me Code Veronica X and it took me 6 months to complete because I was scared. lol. Now it doesn't frighten me and I love all the games. I haven't tried any other zombie games but I may get the Walking Dead game when it releases on disc.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Game on....

Dead Island is my favourite Zombie game

WHO DAT!!!!

i loved dead island, but i voted RE due the sheer number of great zombie games the series has produced

PRO Member

Resident Evil for ever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12