Trophies & DLCs

This is a discussion on Trophies & DLCs within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've been thinking about this for a while and felt that this forum would be a great place to present ...

PRO Member

Trophies & DLCs

I've been thinking about this for a while and felt that this forum would be a great place to present the idea...hopefully no one has already brought it up.

I think it would be a great idea, for the powers that be over at SCEA, to implement some sort of "trophy credit" when trophies are achieved for a particular game. This "trophy credit" would then only be used for purchasing that game's DLC(s) at a reduced rate.

It would encourage the player (more so) to obtain all game trophies and it would help with the cost of purchasing the associated DLC.

Some players aren't able to afford the DLCs (eventhough though they may seem affordable) and this "trophy credit" may help out with the cost.

I don't think this would affect the developers/gaming companies to lose money, which wouldn't be my intention, only to help the gamers purchase a DLC that would otherwise seem unobtainable.

Its a win-win.

Any thoughts...

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a while and felt that this forum would be a great place to present the idea...hopefully no one has already brought it up.

I think it would be a great idea, for the powers that be over at SCEA, to implement some sort of "trophy credit" when trophies are achieved for a particular game. This "trophy credit" would then only be used for purchasing that game's DLC(s) at a reduced rate.

It would encourage the player (more so) to obtain all game trophies and it would help with the cost of purchasing the associated DLC.

Some players aren't able to afford the DLCs (eventhough though they may seem affordable) and this "trophy credit" may help out with the cost.

I don't think this would affect the developers/gaming companies to lose money, which wouldn't be my intention, only to help the gamers purchase a DLC that would otherwise seem unobtainable.

Its a win-win.

Any thoughts...
    I want:

Sony to let us delete 0-12% trophies
    Whoever does the platinum gets all DLC free (Or a discount -> Thats what u said)

Or Sony will let us remove the DLC from our trophy list
    Thats all
    There are just some games we tried but didnt liked em,so we are with a dead trophy list.DLC reduce you're completion rate and fuck you're trophies collection up.
    Ex. I am poor,i cant afford DLC but want to have 100%
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

Great Idea IMO... that would definitely be a cool feature. I wish they would let you change your PSN ID; even if it had to be a chargeable service.

Hero of Kvatch

A little bit of recognition for a game would be nice.

Being a able to not have DLC feature in your trophy list would be nice, as would removing games with 0% trophy completion. Still, I'd like a pay rise, and that's not gonna happen either!

"War, war never changes."

PRO Member

A couple of you are talking about cosmetic changes to make your trophy profile "look better." I don't think Sony should enable your OCD. But I agree with the OP that it would be nice if a plat gave you something of real monetary value. Even if it was very nominal, say $1 PSN credit, I think it would be a nice gesture to reward loyal gamers.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post
    But I agree with the OP that it would be nice if a plat gave you something of real monetary value. Even if it was very nominal, say $1 PSN credit, I think it would be a nice gesture to reward loyal gamers.
    ONE dollar! Make it at least 5 and that'll be motivation enough to possibly double my plat count.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Me personally am not particularly fussed about the lower percentage of trophies in my collection, whats done is done, theres nothing i can do about that and thats fine by me. However, sticking with the op, i do actually think it's a bloody good idea and would be a great incentive to buy dlc, providing you like the game your playing of course.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Forget I Was Ever Here

Why would they do that if they know more than 1/2 the people are already being suckered into buying the DLC that would be stupid of them or anyone for that fact...

It is time for me to go underground

Up the Irons!

I think that is a good idea. It would motivate me to get more trophies and buy the DLCs.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 4 - Silver

How about exclusive early access to games? Say if you completed and got the plat for Borderlands, you got Borderlands 2 like a week before others? (maybe a bad example as Borderlands is only really fun playing with others, but you get the idea) that way they're wouldn't even be money involved but could be a reward for finishing a game... I guess the only thing wrong with that or the initial posters idea is they'd be told to make the trophy lists a hell of a lot harder, which may be a problem for casual gamers, or people who do struggle with difficulty obtainable trophies...
    I guess my idea would only really work via PSN... however I guess you could have a printable voucher tied in with a local games store or something? but then again they'd probably jack up the price, so either way they'd be getting more out of you, when this is supposed to be about you getting something back... guess that's why they say no such thing as a free lunch.. lol
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Angel of Death

I would like Sony to let us delete trophies from our list that has like up to 15% complete, and a discount based on the amount of trophies we have in total, like Microsoft just did.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think DLC trophy lists shouldn't appear on your profile until you buy it. But you know i think they do as advertising for people that like trophies as it can make people want to buy it by looking at the list. I don't normally get drawn into that kinda stuff but I admit it happened to me once.

Lvl 7 - Gold

All great ideas that will never happen.

I'd like to see some kind of avatar set/shop that your total trophies or X type of trophies unlock them as you progress so you can have an exlusive avatar only available to guys with the requirement.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

What I've been thinking for a while is putting a reward system when playing online. For example, you get X numbers of treasures in a game and you can "trade" or "sell" them for DLCs instead of using money