Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rockstar Collection appears

This is a discussion on Rockstar Collection appears within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar That's cool and all, but this has nothign to do with remade/re-skinned games. Check the actual ...

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's cool and all, but this has nothign to do with remade/re-skinned games. Check the actual links on the OP lol.
    Its a Rockstar Collection , what is the point in it ? ( apart from money ) would rather GTAV rather than this , it seems everyone is doing collections right now
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    I have 'ed all these games lol

I wanna have a GTA HD collection with trophies.
    Don't think they will do a GTA HD collection till they have milked the upcoming GTAV for every penny

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Don't think they will do a GTA HD collection till they have milked the upcoming GTAV for every penny
    There are some rumours going around saying that Rockstar will be releasing the HD Collection in the same week as GTAV for hopes of a double sale even more so with Xmas just around the corner, it seems likely they will milk both at the same time.

If I went to buy the HD Collection it would make me think about buying GTAV if they were both available. I'm still not sold with GTAV until I see more than a 1min clip & a couple of nice photos.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Legend...Nuff Said

I guess it's official Rockstar owns the rights to LA Noire, which is good news for a big fan like who. I want to see a sequal.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    There are some rumours going around saying that Rockstar will be releasing the HD Collection in the same week as GTAV for hopes of a double sale even more so with Xmas just around the corner, it seems likely they will milk both at the same time.

If I went to buy the HD Collection it would make me think about buying GTAV if they were both available. I'm still not sold with GTAV until I see more than a 1min clip & a couple of nice photos.
    Think I would go for the GTAV just to see where they have took us this time lol , its one of those rare games that has improved every time , GTAIV had lots of stuff missing e.g empire building but the game as a whole was great , I am expecting GTAV to be better looking and have way more stuff to do outside side-quest missions

Ice Cream Firefighter

Think I would go for the GTAV just to see where they have took us this time lol , its one of those rare games that has improved every time , GTAIV had lots of stuff missing e.g empire building but the game as a whole was great , I am expecting GTAV to be better looking and have way more stuff to do outside side-quest missions
    GTAIV was a slap in the face compared to San Andreas & in no way was it an improvement IMO & many others as well.

GTA did reinvent the way developers make games today but to me lately it's just boring as it's the same thing with every title they bring out but there are alot of games now that have taken that original concept & made something better with it Prototype, Infamous, Mafia II etc that involve the exact or very similar style of gameplay but with a much more compelling story.

But as I said after I do learn more about the game I might say; "I have to have it." but atm it's a fat NO from me
    (I wasn't getting SRTT till the trailers that came out just days before it's release)

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

An old-fashioned cowboy

That rumor couldn't be further from the truth considering both GTA III & Vice City are already stated to be released as PS2 classics on the PSN (atleast in the US anyway). Which pretty much leaves San Andreas as the last PS2 GTA game left which will probably also be released as a PS2 in the weeks before GTA V comes out.

The chances of a HD collection with all 3 games on one disc ever happening are slim to none mainly because of the money Rockstar would need to pay to put all the songs from all 3 games in one disc.

Crocodile Hunter

Well this is an unusual collection

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Super deal but im good

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

GTAIV was a slap in the face compared to San Andreas & in no way was it an improvement IMO & many others as well.

GTA did reinvent the way developers make games today but to me lately it's just boring as it's the same thing with every title they bring out but there are alot of games now that have taken that original concept & made something better with it Prototype, Infamous, Mafia II etc that involve the exact or very similar style of gameplay but with a much more compelling story.

But as I said after I do learn more about the game I might say; "I have to have it." but atm it's a fat NO from me
    (I wasn't getting SRTT till the trailers that came out just days before it's release)
    Oh dear, GTA IV bashing, now i have to weigh in.

If it had been going for the OTT San Andreas style i could understand your disdain, it was very clear we had a different game in GTA IV from the earliest trailers, San Andreas was the result of adding more and more to a great idea, using every inch of the consoles power it could to fit in near on every idea they had.
    Where would you go from there? Do it again? What exactly did you want from GTA IV that would be different?

Infamous? Prototype? Mafia II? come on! Notwithstanding them being three average titles, you could pull a better story off by mashing random words together on a keyboard with bricks, they do zilch innovative. Fun? yes. deep and involving? Nope. GTA IV isn't much better ( storywise, the game is great imo ), i agree but it is better because the world is more alive than any of those three and many more beside.

On topic, yes, this collection is nigh on pointless but if people buy it, it's because they want to, no one's forcing anyone to shell out for it are they?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Not bad if you've missed on these games, but it does look like a weird choice of games.
    For example, it has EFLC but no GTAIV, and it has RDR and L.A. Noire but no Complete or GOTY Editions. It kinda looks like a move to make you buy both, but there's no way people haven't played at least 1 of them.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Angel of Death

Was thinking of re-buying Red Dead and LA Noire, might as well grab the other two as well. It says Edition 1, I wonder what Edition 2 will have.

Up the Irons!

Great collection, but I own the majority of them.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

This is cool for people who haven't played them... but then again, everybody who likes gaming should have these games already

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Was thinking of re-buying Red Dead and LA Noire, might as well grab the other two as well. It says Edition 1, I wonder what Edition 2 will have.
    Red Dead is free on PS+ at the moment

Saints Row IV

I will get this
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 9 - Gold

Really how many people don't have them games or atleast one... I have them all so not for me

Saints Row IV

Red Dead is free on PS+ at the moment
    What if i told you, he may not have PS+
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    What if i told you, he may not have PS+
    I would say get the 90 day trial rather than pay for a game that's on it

Lvl 4 - Silver

I own all of these..Just give me Bully already!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast