Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sony reveals new Playstation Store (October 17th for Europe & Oct 23rd for NA)

This is a discussion on Sony reveals new Playstation Store (October 17th for Europe & Oct 23rd for NA) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda Does look a lot like the 360 Dashboard to me though. I prefer the current one, ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Does look a lot like the 360 Dashboard to me though.
    I prefer the current one, as "ugly" as it may be it serves its purpose perfectly. This one...has really big icons. It may make it harder to scroll through. Hopefully you can change the display mode though.
    I agree I prefer the current one.. I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't like the look of this new one but we'll just have to get on with it.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 4 - Silver

One word:
    Epic.

♚ Overlord ♔

As long as this ones easier to use, I could care if the store looked like poop.
    >Sometimes It takes me alittle while to find what I want to download.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

looks smooth and awesome but i wish psn did the same as xbox and got more apps and services, specialy for the european store. on my country/store version we dont have movies/tv shows/etc ......... -sigh-

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Oh god.

Sony, quit trying to suck Microsoft's dick and instead do shit your own way.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it needs browser access too, like xbox has.
    see that shit I don't care about. if I wanted to browse the web, I'd use my computer. if I was that hard up to look while playing games or some shit, my wife's laptop is right there on the living room table.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    see that shit I don't care about. if I wanted to browse the web, I'd use my computer. if I was that hard up to look while playing games or some shit, my wife's laptop is right there on the living room table.

PS3:
    "hey look a game is out, sucks i have to go to and turn on my ps3 then spend 5 minutes trying to buy and download it to my ps3."

Xbox 360:
    "Hey Look a game is out, just jump on the game page on xbox.com in my browser, pay for it there, and set it to download to my xbox immediately no matter where i am"

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    PS3:
    "hey look a game is out, sucks i have to go to and turn on my ps3 then spend 5 minutes trying to buy and download it to my ps3."

Xbox 360:
    "Hey Look a game is out, just jump on the game page on xbox.com in my browser, pay for it there, and set it to download to my xbox immediately no matter where i am"
    If it takes you more than a minute to find a game you're looking for, you're doing it wrong, especially a new game. I can find anything I need in the PlayStation Store with no problems at all, and in all honesty, I find it much easier to navigate than the clusterfuck of the 360 dashboard. I can't speak for the Xbox browser access because I've never felt the need to use it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm looking forward to the new look on Wednesday I just hope that they put the download list into categories so that it is easier to find stuff when I want to download my games again. I download more games and stuff on my PS3 than my Xbox 360.
    Thanks to xEl_Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

It's really great that they have finally got a store update like this, it's just a shame i took so long to arrive. The screeshots look great just hope it lives up to it's potential.

Sig by: Dsluckay Avy by: Dsluckay

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Okay, now change the XMB.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nice change!

It's got a nice look to it.

Ghost Assassin

It looks more polished, but at the same time it is very minimal and kind of boring. I would say it's a nice change, since the current store look is getting old.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It looks better but actually using it will tell if its actually good or not.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate change. I don't see a single problem with the layout of the store right now, so I see no reason to change it.

They need to divide your downloads list so you don't have to scroll through 500 files when downloading things you've already purchased (like when you're starting from scratch on a new system because your ps3 crapped out).

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123