Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

I want to stop whoring

This is a discussion on I want to stop whoring within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So, my friends call me a whore, because I play games and will do everything within the games' parameter to ...

  1. #1
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    I want to stop whoring

    So, my friends call me a whore, because I play games and will do everything within the games' parameter to try and obtain a platinum. Here's the deal: it's not always fun. I hate football games, so why do I find myself playing both Madden 11 and 12,just to try for a platinum? Ok, so it's not like I went to the store and bought these games, my roommate did that, but I still play them in an effort to boost my score. What I want is to start playing games just because I like them, and that's it. I preordered Dark Souls not because I got a plat on Demon's Souls but because I liked Demon's Souls and this newer game is supposed to be just as good. That's a good start, right? I also really like beat-em-ups and hack-n-slash games. I enjoyed the GoW series, and I'd like to play the new ones once I get the scratch for them. Can anyone else suggest to me some similar games? I'm thinking about playing Knights Contract. Any suggestions?

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  2. #2
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    You should check out Darksiders and the new Castlevania. Both very solid games with a GOW style.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Submerge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    362
    Reputation
    102

    If people don't know any better, they'd think this is a website for prostitutes, not gamers lol.

    Anyways, sound like you like RPG games. So Fallout 3, Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Mass Effect.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!


  4. #4
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    How recent is Darksiders, because I don't want to put out too much money for a game, even if I'll return it. If it's too recent, it may cost too much.

    And I do like RPGs, but I think JRPGs are better. DA: Origins was fun, but I haven't moved on to Awakening (I played the beginning) or 2 yet. And Mass Effect 2 is an option because it's in my house. My friend let me hold it when he let me hold DA: O.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  5. #5
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    Ryan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the ghetto
    Posts
    329
    Reputation
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    If people don't know any better, they'd think this is a website for prostitutes, not gamers lol.

    Anyways, sound like you like RPG games. So Fallout 3, Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Mass Effect.
    Shit, you mean it isn't?!?!

  6. #6
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    A_FlyingMegaKiwi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In wacky's ass
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    If people don't know any better, they'd think this is a website for prostitutes, not gamers lol.
    Most misleading thread title ever. I am very annoyed now.

  7. #7
    In2
    In2 is offline
    January MOTM
    In2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Quebec City, Can.
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    184

    Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    How recent is Darksiders, because I don't want to put out too much money for a game, even if I'll return it. If it's too recent, it may cost too much.

    And I do like RPGs, but I think JRPGs are better. DA: Origins was fun, but I haven't moved on to Awakening (I played the beginning) or 2 yet. And Mass Effect 2 is an option because it's in my house. My friend let me hold it when he let me hold DA.
    You should be able to get it below 30$ and even maybe at 20$.
    Pretty good game.

    Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me


    In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.



    Follow and watch my latest work.

  8. #8
    Ghost Assassin
    Danko1900's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Crimson Raiders HQ
    Posts
    828
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Shit, you mean it isn't?!?!
    Indeed it is not, I'm afraid.

    There are plenty of RPG's out there. If you haven't played fallout, then I really recommend it.

  9. #9
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    I find it funny how you say you're friends call you a trophy whore, yet you only have 5

    Sig by Smashguy

  10. #10
    Mista J
    jondeere's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    343
    Reputation
    68

    Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    If people don't know any better, they'd think this is a website for prostitutes, not gamers lol.
    Thats so true. ROFL


    Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

    Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

  11. #11
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,508
    Reputation
    37

    That's not up to you to decide, that's a decision for your pimp to make.

    But in all seriousness you should stop caring what your friends think of you.

  12. #12
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    just play games for fun FIRST! then if you like the game, then go for the plat. Otherwise why bother? right?


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  13. #13
    Mista J
    jondeere's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    343
    Reputation
    68

    i have kids so yea, i have some kids games that can be plats but i probably wont do it. i did finish cars 2 though.


    Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

    Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

  14. #14
    PRO Member
    Aura's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    2

    ok here list of games that might help you.
    Star ocean
    trinity universe
    resonance of fate
    dungeon sige 3
    white knight chronices
    white knight chronices 2
    record of agarest war zero
    trinity souls of zill o'll
    darksouls
    fallout3
    fallout nv
    atelier ronona
    Atelier Totori
    Hyperdimension Neptune
    Ar tonelico QogaKnell of Ar Ciel
    Disgaea 4
    Disgaea 3
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Dragon Age II
    Venetica
    Tales of Graces F
    Tales of Vesperia
    Tales of Xillia
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The
    Eternal Sonata
    cross edge
    Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel

    fighting/action
    ngs2
    sengoku basara
    just cause 2
    yakuza3
    yakuza4
    The Saboteur

  15. #15
    Will Love you for Food
    apokolypz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    815
    Reputation
    173

    I think you'd really like the new Elder Scrolls game coming out in November or Dante's Inferno.




  16. #16
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    My best advice I can give you is to play games for whatever reasons you want. Don't let your friends dictate why you do or don't play games. If you like playing games for the plat and the sound of when you get a trophy, then play for that. Personally, I don't care for plats whatsoever and I play games for fun and entertainment.

    There really aren't any specific games I can recommend you just for having fun. Find games that you like, and start with that specific genre, and then expand. If you were a fan of Demon's Souls, then get Dark Souls, Skyrim, and more. If you like hack-n-slash games such as GoWIII, then try some other button mashers like Lords of Shadow or Darksiders.

    Basically, if you're looking to play for fun, then just find games that you like to play, and don't worry about anything else. If you don't get a plat, then who cares? It's just a couple pixels on a screen after all. So I hope you have fun enjoying playing games. Some people have put up some nice suggestions so far, personally my favorite games are Dark Souls, Uncharted series, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed, inFamous, Portal 2, etc. Maybe try looking into those and see if you're interested.

    ... And the title to this thread was a tad misleading.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  17. #17
    Fox
    Fox is offline
    Si vis bellum, para pacem
    Fox's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    541
    Reputation
    84

    Are you willing to play games that don't have trophies? If so, I'd recommend Devil May Cry 4 & Heavenly Sword since you enjoy hack n' slash titles.

    You might also enjoy Eternal Sonata in the JRPG category. I also enjoyed the little I played of Folklore.

    ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

    PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

  18. #18
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    Why would they call you a whore with only 5 trophies?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  19. #19
    Fox
    Fox is offline
    Si vis bellum, para pacem
    Fox's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    541
    Reputation
    84

    To the ones saying he only has 5 trophies - that's the single game card. He only has 5 trophies in Resident Evil 4.

    ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

    PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

  20. #20
    Lvl 3 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    101
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    just play games for fun FIRST! then if you like the game, then go for the plat. Otherwise why bother? right?
    Exactly.

    I think we've all probably pushed through on a game that stopped being fun a while ago just to get that last trophy (I know I did when I was collecting cars and movie canisters in L.A. Noire!), but the initial decision to even go for the plat must be because you enjoy the game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO