Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SP & MP Platinums

This is a discussion on SP & MP Platinums within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Whilst I can understand people who love multiplayer, I personally don't. Why should I have to earn multiplayer trophies to ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

SP & MP Platinums

Whilst I can understand people who love multiplayer, I personally don't. Why should I have to earn multiplayer trophies to earn platinum. By the same token, why should someone who loves multiplayer but hates single player story-mode (I know many who never play FIFA or COD single player) have to do what they don't want to get the platinum. Surely it would be better for players and developers to have the option in a game where you can get a platinum for single and a platinum for multiplayer. If you want 2 platinums (or even 3 with co-op platinum) then fantastic, but if you just want to do one style of play only then you should be able to and get properly rewarded for it.

Hero of Kvatch

It's a good idea, but I doubt it'd ever happen

"War, war never changes."

Up the Irons!

I agree. I don't like playing online, and I dislike having to, just to get a platinum.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Retired

If you're going to have multiplayer trophies, have good servers to support it.

See Twisted Metal.

Change is good

This has been suggested before, and I'm all for it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think COD only has singleplayer trophies because most people buy the games for multiplayer, but if they want trophies they need to play the campaign and the spec ops / zombies.

Btw, Black ops 2 will have like 3 multiplayer trophies ^^, (you need to prestige once) which is fun for me, but not for those who doesn't like the multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

Banned

Trophies are like cheese.
    Developers can put that cheese where they think the rodents wouldn't go to otherwise, it's a nice way of giving them a new world to explore when they were originally not comfortable with the idea, who knows, over time you will no doubt forget all the things about it you thought were problematic and get used to it.
    The question is, ARE YOU A RODENT?!

Where The Wind Blows

I dislike the idea of removing multiplayer trophies entirely, on the grounds that I think a platinum should be a reward for - at bare minimum - sampling everything.

That isn't to say trophies like "Destroy a Little Piece of your Soul Grinding for 50+ Hours" should be a thing, that's overdoing it by far. Nor do I think MP trophies should ever be skill-based, since difficulty is ramped up anytime you throw in human competitors.

I think it comes back to my wording of sampling: a good MP trophy list looks like AC:R, where you can play for about 2-3 hours, even if terrible, and achieve every trophy. You still have to sample the online, but becoming a master of it is by no means required.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just bought uncharted 3 pre-owned from a store but need to spend another 7.99 on multiplayer code just to get 1 trophy for the platinum. So now I have an unfinished game in my list. It's like doing a 10,000 piece jigsaw and finding 10 pieces missing but being told you can buy a bag of 200 pieces that contain the 10 you need. Pointless. CODMW3 was the worst as you couldn't even complete the single player special ops missions because they decided to throw in a co-op level. Let me buy a game and play it how I want.
    With a disabled wife demanding my time I don't have the lifestyle that I can do co-op or multiplayer. I just want to buy a game complete it in my own time, get the platinum that shows I completed it for my own satisfaction and then move on to another game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

There's always the other option. The one where you just play the game however you want and disregard the platinum. That being said, I don't think there should be a separation of MP and SP because it's all part of the challenge. i hv ebeen forced to play some games online that i wouldn't have if not for the trophies. Games like GTA IV, Mass Effect 3, Quantum of Solace, and BFBC2 which were all really amazing to play online. So you could argue that they enhance some games although I don't like having to grind for too long (looking at you RDR).

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just prefer SP and maybe Co-Op trophies that all. I wish they havnt put MP in AC.... -_-

Rangers F.C

There is no chance it will ever happen now cause on-line passes would not get purchased for the trophies you need for platinum , I am not that bothered now cause looking at the games I normally platinum most don't have on-line anyway
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't like the online multiplayer trophies, but i do like the multiplayer. I think that a multiplayer should be something that extends your gametime/gameplay of the game. Something extra after you finished the singleplayer (and all of the trophies).

Lvl 4 - Silver

Believe me, I've wondered the same thing many times. I used to be big into online gaming before, but not so much now. While I have played and platted several games that have online trophies, they have to be games I enjoy playing (hence why I never finished Black Ops - hated it). I prefer offline games, but a few online trophies thrown in here and there aren't that bad.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

Lvl 6 - Silver

I wouldn't mind MP trophies if I could actually play online...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Plus, what's the point in MP & co-op trophies anyway? Even the makers have realised they are pretty pointless otherwise you wouldn't have games with 80 trophies - 72 single player, 6 multiplayer and 2 co-op. Or, as mentioned before, Uncharted 3 with 54 trophies - 52 single player, 1 multiplayer, 1 co-op. If the onliners were interested then they must feel pretty ignored with 1 trophy. Either have them and make them worthwhile or don't have them. Currently they just get in the way.

PRO Member

I don't think people play online because the like trophies. For example, cod. How many people burn away hours of thier lives fragging each other for not one single trophy. I personally really don't like people and can't stand to play online with most games. But, a separate platinum line would identify wich type of gamer you are. If COD had two separate lines, we would see who plays only for the multiplayer online, and who are the rest of us.

F**K AUTHORITY

Just make the multiplayer trophies like how Bioware did them with Mass Effect 3. That would be the best way to handle it.
    Arguing online is like masturbating at McDonalds sure it's fun but do you really wanna be known as that guy

Lvl 6 - Silver

I dont like multiplayer trophies that require you to rely on other players to get your plat like win x games of team deatmatch etc. those trophies csan be a pain if you get teamed with players who arent very good

Inactive

As much as I don't like multiplayer trophies, it gives you more of a challenge, and when you do receive that trophy, it's all worth it at the end. Trophies like get 10,000 Kills online, now that's not acceptable!

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast