What's your impression on the new PSN store?

This is a discussion on What's your impression on the new PSN store? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; EU users has gotten a store makeover. How well a job did they do? Do you like it? I personally ...

NSFW

What's your impression on the new PSN store?

EU users has gotten a store makeover. How well a job did they do? Do you like it?

I personally think, that while it's a bit slower, it's much sleeker and easier to browse through, especially since you have all of the DLC, trials and avatars/themes on one page.

I'm a member of PS+ and it is now treating me as I'm not a member of PS+, though it still shows the PS+ logo on the side of my profile bar. Weird, I hope they fix it.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

I haven't experienced it just yet, but I'll definitely check it out later. Slower? That sucks. Not recognizing you as a + member will hopefully be fixed like you said. I definitely like the idea of all the DLC for a game all in one place though.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Game on....

The PS store needed the update. I really like the new design and so far i have no issues with it

PRO Member

Mine hasn't changed over yet
    Did you need to do a PS Software Update? Because mine says it's all up to date :/

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I haven't experienced it just yet, but I'll definitely check it out later. Slower? That sucks. Not recognizing you as a + member will hopefully be fixed like you said. I definitely like the idea of all the DLC for a game all in one place though.
    It's not much slower. It takes a few seconds extra to boot up, and it can not browse through as quickly as before, but it is not much at all. I hope they fix it soon, since I JUST bought a new year of PS+.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Did you need to do a PS Software Update? Because mine says it's all up to date :/
    When I tried to open the PSN Store it said, I had to download an update to be used. And then it opened I got a new interface to look at.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 6 - Silver

My store keeps reverting back to the old design. It's so annoying. Apart from that it looks great, but really slow. I also don't like having to go at least five different pages just to download something. That really sucks.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

Nice to hear is updating it after so many years

PRO Ninja

I got lost in the store, can't find anything haha. it looks like xbox now wtf O.o Oh well i'm not the smartest person so... (that's what said).

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by missdreamer View Post
    My store keeps reverting back to the old design. It's so annoying. Apart from that it looks great, but really slow. I also don't like having to go at least five different pages just to download something. That really sucks.
    I just tried to download a Demo and you're right... it takes too many screens. In the old one I think you needed to find the game, then press download, then download again.

In this store, you need to find the game --> press add to cart --> proceed to checkout --> Checkout --> Confirm Purchase --> Then the download button next to the demo bar.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The search function is weird because it makes you start from A every time you go to enter a new word, at least the search actually comes up with results that your looking for more easily as its categorized by game then that has subsections for trailers/DLC instead of showting everything related to the search on one list, i agree it doesnt work as fast though the load times seem to be about 40-50% slower on most things.

One of my friends now cant buy anything of the store though he was going to get the borderlands 2 DLC but it wont let him purchase anything didnt really know what to say to help him with that though.

I hope it allows DLC to come out on its actual release date more often though instead of waiting for store updates differing from EU/US and so on though.

No Game No Life

To be honest, I somehow got lost and dunno where to start searching for stuff It will take awhile to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    When I visited the store, there was an automatic notification which says that I need to update the software. I think only EU regions has this at the moment as my US and Asia accounts still has the same design of the PS store.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Deathless Destroyer

This is interesting, although I'd hate the fact it would take twice as long to do the same thing you were going to do.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I dont have the new store, neither can I search for anything.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk