Game DLC should add onto completion %

This is a discussion on Game DLC should add onto completion % within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This may be an old topic, but do you think that the completion % in games should increase when DLC ...

Deathless Destroyer

Game DLC should add onto completion %

This may be an old topic, but do you think that the completion % in games should increase when DLC is added? For example, right now Game X sticks to 100% without DLC, but when DLC is added the % drops to 79% for example until you buy and earn the DLC trophies. Whereas, Game Y could add on to the game completion %, so instead of the 79% completion after DLC release, it would stay at 100% and go up to 121% when you earn the extra DLC trophies.

What do you think about it?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Plats-O'-War!!

Don't think that makes sense. It's addition by subtraction. Look at it like this: DLC trophies add more for the average hunter to go after (addition), but as a result, the base trophy percentage drops when the DLC trophies are added (subtraction).

Angel of Death

I like the way it is now, but it is kind of annoying that DLC counts towards 100%, especially when I have no intention of getting the DLC.

An old-fashioned cowboy

So basically you want it to be like the 360's gamerscore then? I wouldn't care either way, the problem is it's already too late to change how the percentage works.

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

It's fine how it is, lets leave it at that. No need for people to be getting 200% in a game now is there? The platinum already represents 100% before DLC, so no need to go any further. It's easy and simple how it is.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Lvl 4 - Silver

i think there should be an additional percentage beside your 100% (in a different colour to distinguish the difference)

like: 100% + (35%)

that way you can see the percentage of DLC and the percentage towards the platinum at the same time

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian94eh View Post
    i think there should be an additional percentage beside your 100% (in a different colour to distinguish the difference)

like: 100% + (35%)

that way you can see the percentage of DLC and the percentage towards the platinum at the same time
    No need to do that since all you have to do is press on the game's trophy list to see the base set of trophies and the DLC trophies percentages separately.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    No need to do that since all you have to do is press on the game's trophy list to see the base set of trophies and the DLC trophies percentages separately.

Found that out the awkward by making it happen by mistake. :lol:

Uncharted3 recently had some 50 odd trophies added in DLC. My 100% went down to 51% in one day. That was also the last day I cared about game completion percentages. Before I would replay games just to pick up a few extra trophies and re-enjoy it.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

★ Extra Astronomical ★

whoa I never knew this existed

Lvl 4 - Silver

but that separates the DLC packs as well, it would be nice to have a total DLC percentage added

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    whoa I never knew this existed
    Lol. Yeah Ive only known for like 6 or so months myself...

An old-fashioned cowboy

It only works with games released from 2010 onwards though(might be a few exceptions to this rule though).

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would prefer this; If you don't buy a a DLC your completion percentage doesn't decrease, if you buy a DLC, then is does. Same games I just don't want to buy a DLC, but I almost feel I have to because when I look at my trophy list, there are some games that I have plats for that aren't 100%.

It's a psychological ploy to make people feel like they have to spend more money to get that 100%, & 9 times out of 10, the DLC last about 1 hr, but cost $10, way over priced.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by SolDethgard View Post
    I would prefer this; If you don't buy a a DLC your completion percentage doesn't decrease, if you buy a DLC, then is does. Same games I just don't want to buy a DLC, but I almost feel I have to because when I look at my trophy list, there are some games that I have plats for that aren't 100%.

It's a psychological ploy to make people feel like they have to spend more money to get that 100%, & 9 times out of 10, the DLC last about 1 hr, but cost $10, way over priced.
    I like the first part. But, unless I really like the game and dont mind spending more $ and time on it, I dont feel obligated to buy its DLC. I love Uncharted and Batman, but would never buy the Online DLC for U3 or the Combat Challenges for Batman. But, if they released story based stuff like the Harley Quinn DLC then Im down...

MK Plat = Overrated

How about just having the DLC in a separate list? It doesn't load up unless you buy the DLC. Problem solved. However, there is no way in hell greedy ass publishers like EA and Crapcom are ever going to do this. They will think of every little angle to add that almighty dollar to their pockets. They don't care how it affects the consumer.

Rangers F.C

I just think it should say 100% for original game and if you purchase DLC it goes down to say *80% until you complete it , but if you don't want to buy the DLC for whatever reason then it should read 100% . It should update after the purchase not before , its a con they know people like 100% better and they try to force your hand into buying below par DLC just to keep your % up ........... rebel don't buy there shit DLC its just making games shorter so they can sell you the rest later .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Blazikiller View Post
    It's fine how it is, lets leave it at that. No need for people to be getting 200% in a game now is there? The platinum already represents 100% before DLC, so no need to go any further. It's easy and simple how it is.
    I agree there no reason to get DLC to make it 100% when it already is, they just add trophies to drop the 100% to make us get it back, didnt work on me. Almost all of my games aren't 100% but their platted. If there a game I really love then I'll get the 100% for that game

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Uncharted 3 is a prime example of this being annoying, i personally thought the mp was awful so had no intention of getting the dlc but now sat at 55% i think, it would be a nice idea if it went up as opposed to down i suppose as really the 'plat' is the 100% mark and its all trophies in the game......... At first.