Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you be willing to boycott DLC ?

This is a discussion on Would you be willing to boycott DLC ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I personally think the whole DLC thing is getting out of hand because a lot of games now are short ...

Rangers F.C

Would you be willing to boycott DLC ?

I personally think the whole DLC thing is getting out of hand because a lot of games now are short then get loads of DLC at a later date , sure there is a lot of good DLC out there but think the games are now getting made with DLC in mind before they even half way through making the game . IF there was an movement by gamers to boycott DLC until they start making games that offer more would you support and be interested in this ? , or are you happy the way it is now ? ( after all you don't have to buy it ) Also if like me you try not to buy it please say why , cheers

IMO games selling for 40 or there equivalent in your currency is enough to pay without having to pay extra for , maps , gear , side missions and so on. I only buy it if its really something special , if its not I try not to encourage them to sell me half a game .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 8 - Gold

ive been boycotting dlc since day one.

PRO Member

I only ever get it if it's free, or it was part of a Premium pack (that I didn't pay extra for. So Borderland 2 DLC and Forza 4 Limited Edition)
    Or friends have bought the DLC for me, because they've needed help with trophies (Eg. Zombie maps)

And you're right, it is a joke. Especially when the DLC is locked on the disc! Hate that it ruins the Platinum 100% aswel... Platinumed on 60% etc looks retarded

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i also never buy dlc , only if its free <:)

Resident PHD

The only dlc I have bought was for costume quest and that was because I got the real game for free and the dlc was cheap.

What I hate most about dlc is when it is a game I play online and then all of a sudden I am kicked out of my game because people chose to play on the new map. I'm sorry I paid good money for a game and now I can't play because everyone is playing on the new maps and I can't find a game-that is bullshit.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lord of all Goat-Men

I have no problem with DLC, provided the price is proportional to its substance.

$4.99 for a Character skin pack is dumb. $40 for a season pass which includes 4 large content packs which add to an already substantial game (Borderlands 2) IS worthwhile, IMO.

PRO Member

Yea I dont buy DLC's its robbery most of the time. I can understand If you put a few out after your game has been out for a year but some others I think they should put out a finished product instead of putting out 5 DLCs which now makes it a 100-120$ game. think of movies. Id rather watch 2 Great movies that are different and a normal length then one that is good but its only an hour long and there are various extensions to the movie that are extra and theres 5 of them lol! Cost us the same but cheaper for the devs, takes less work, and takes less creativity then to make 2 games . Problem is people buy it if they didnt shit would change. Of coarse there are quality DLC products out there too.

PRO Member

I've been happy with the DLC content. I purchased DLCs for BioShock, Brutal Legend, Fallout 3 and Dante's Inferno and I thought the pricing was reasonable.

I was a little frustrated with the DLC for Assassin's Creed 2, because I felt that this DLC should have been included in the main game campaign. Thus, I never got it.

I like the DLC if its an add-on (so to speak) to the game. Whereas it just increases your experience with the game, but if I feel that the DLC should have been part of the main game, that gets me going, because you're arleady shelling out quite a bit just for the purchase in the first place.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Prayer Warrior

when the dlc is something like borderlands 1 and 2 that add repaly value and are clearly not apart of the main game and just add extra value then i'm happy with it. but when it's characters or costumes or something like that already on the disc (looks at capcom) then i have a huge problem with that and refuse to buy that kind of dlc. i'm split 50/50 on dlc. i really enjoy and have to have some of it and others can piss off. that's my stand.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Dlc is by choice and sometimes it's worth it and other times well you
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

I have not like the idea of DLC from day one since I will spend $60 on a brand new game only to have it cost me more?

IF though, I pick the game up at a later date at a cheap price, I'll usually pick up the DLC for a game. However, it's getting to the point where just the mention of DLC will put me off from a game in general which usually is against my gaming philosophy, but I am not giving more of my hard earned cash for 2-4 hours worth of garbage just for some damn trophies!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Crocodile Hunter

I only buy it if its worth it and i like the DLC, but yes i agree that the amount of DLC these days is fucked

Sig by Apokolypz

Angel of Death

No because I like the DLC's usually. Sure, developers could easily add it to the original game, but it still adds replay value, especially when it's like $5 or $10.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    No because I like the DLC's usually. Sure, developers could easily add it to the original game, but it still adds replay value, especially when it's like $5 or $10.
    You have to admit though, it's kinda effed when you pay $60 for a game to have DLC come out the release date of the game (or even within a week) and it drives the cost up another $10(ish). What a money grab.

|
    |by Smashguy |

Threat

I'd never boycott it since games like Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, and many others have amazing DLCs that are totally worth the price.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would love to be able to boycott a ton of Skyrim DLC on the Playstation Network but OH WAIT...THEY DIDN'T GIVE US ANY!!!!

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    You have to admit though, it's kinda effed when you pay $60 for a game to have DLC come out the release date of the game (or even within a week) and it drives the cost up another $10(ish). What a money grab.
    I don't buy $60 games that often, hahaha. I almost always wait for a sale, the few that I've bought at $60 were Resident Evil 6, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Assassin's Creed II, and maybe one or two others.
    However, it is freaking stupid when companies release DLC the SAME day. It's literally a big "fuck you" to the fans, and it's annoying, but most games I buy DLC for are games that are worth the DLC, and are usually released awhile later, like Fallout, Borderlands, Red Dead, stuff like that.

Banned

I never buy DLC, if a game I liked got campaign expansions I would wait for the GOTY/complete/ultimate edition, then just rent that and play them. Also if you're going to boycott something, don't go and buy it pre-owned further down the line when nobody is looking, the developers might not get your money any more but you're buying the product you complained about and bypassing your reasons to boycott it and that makes you a hypocrite
    But then again most gamers are massive hypocrites so do what you will lololol

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I don't buy $60 games that often, hahaha. I almost always wait for a sale, the few that I've bought at $60 were Resident Evil 6, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Assassin's Creed II, and maybe one or two others.
    However, it is freaking stupid when companies release DLC the SAME day. It's literally a big "fuck you" to the fans, and it's annoying, but most games I buy DLC for are games that are worth the DLC, and are usually released awhile later, like Fallout, Borderlands, Red Dead, stuff like that.
    I'm usually on board if I pick it up at a very cheap price because sometimes you'll be spending what you would've on the game for all the DLC

|
    |by Smashguy |

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I'm usually on board if I pick it up at a very cheap price because sometimes you'll be spending what you would've on the game for all the DLC
    lol Exactly, which is actually one of my problems: no price drops. They are almost always the same. I picked up Brutal Legend for $5 used, and the DLC costs about the same price! Bought Borderlands for $10, DLC costs $30. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast