Trophy Question

This is a discussion on Trophy Question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am going to be getting a new ps3 sometime this week and I am going to have to transfer ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Trophy Question

I am going to be getting a new ps3 sometime this week and I am going to have to transfer my data to it.

Will I still be able to receive all the trophies for the games I transfer the data of without having to start over?

Lets say I'm half way done with story mode and a trophy unlocks once you complete. If I transfer the data file to my new ps3, will I receive the trophy for completed story mode once I complete it?

PRO Member

Just make sure you sinc your trophies before you transfer. Then disable your old playstation from your psn account. Then enable the new one and proceed with the transfer. Your new one will result as a near exact carbon copy of the old one. So all game data and save data will exist on the new one. You may just have to change all your settings again. Also, if you plan on keeping the new one for a while I would recommend going ahead and upgrading the hard drive before you transfer anything. I recently picked up a 500G for about $70 and you can get a 1TB for not too much more than that. Unless you already have the larger drive in the new one. But if you got a 320G Playstation, trust me, you will fill it before you know it if you have a lot of videos and downloaded games.

Deathless Destroyer

It may also take a few syncs to syncronise all of your trophy data.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Change is mediocre

Well if you're transferring your data (such as game saves) and sync your trophies you should be fine.