Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Expensive Platinum/100%

This is a discussion on Most Expensive Platinum/100% within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was thinking about this one yesterday, as I just started the game PAIN and realized that I'll probably have ...

PRO Member

Most Expensive Platinum/100%

I was thinking about this one yesterday, as I just started the game PAIN and realized that I'll probably have to purchase some DLCs to get 100% (maybe).

To date the most exspensive platinum/100% I have would be Fallout 3.

Starting Price - $60
    DLC 1-5 - $10 (each approximately) x 5 = $50

Total cost $110

That is one expensive platinum/100%!

Whats yours?

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

well, the only games I have bought DLC for were LBP1 and LBP2, and I got the base versions of both those games for free... so I guess my most expensive would have to be the one I paid full price for - FFXIII @ $60 + $20 for strategy guide = $80. But I completed it twice.. does that mean $40 per plat? I think that would still be the most expensive one, haha.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Change is mediocre

Burnout Paradise? You need a webcam to get the platinum, plus the DLC trophies. If not that, then I would go with Fallout 3.

PRO Member

This thread is sort of tangent to the "Boycott DLCs" thread...if you enjoy a game enough, you probably would shell out the extra bit.

But then looking back, you think, whoa that was pricey!

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Good question...I would have to say that my most expensive would be Final Fantasy XIII-2 ($100 Collectors Edition)

But my most expensive 100%, that I still haven't gotten would have to be RE5 (Collectors Edtion Original + all DLC)

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    This thread is sort of tangent to the "Boycott DLCs" thread...if you enjoy a game enough, you probably would shell out the extra bit.

But then looking back, you think, whoa that was pricey!
    Yeah, but some don't have DLC that ruin the % like FFXIII-2 (and I still payed the full amount)

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Black ops 100% comes out to $120, Game plus 4($15) dlc's

Negator

The Eye of Judgment.

It's one of only two games on PS3 that require DLC content to achieve platinum, at $10 per DLC. On top of that, you had to actually own the cards which made collecting them quite expensive in itself. Overall, including the game, I probably had $200 invested.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Proud Greek Gamer

L.A Noire,I gave 70 euros on release date and still I haven't bought the DLC's.

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Lvl 6 - Silver

Rock Band 3 - you need 3 mics, drums, at least one guitar, and a keyboard.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    Rock Band 3 - you need 3 mics, drums, at least one guitar, and a keyboard.
    you also need the pro guitar and pro drums

PRO Member

For me it's LittleBigPlanet 2

LBP2 Collectior's Edition $80 + Move Starter Set $100 + Move DLC $10 + Muppet DLC $6 = $196 not counting costume DLC

[EDIT: +$5 Cross-Controller DLC + $250 Vita = $451. Not counting the PS3 and DualShock3s. Admittedly, the Vita is used for SOOO much more that just LBP2.]

Admittedly the Move has been used for other games: SingStar + Dance, EyePet, EyePet & Friends, and Sports Champions, and I got my 2nd Move Starter Set on sale (Move + Eye + Sports Chamapions for $50, and sold the 2nd Eye for store credit)

But I understand that Elemental Monster - Online Card Game - is maybe the most expensive as you need to really need to buy tickets to play online and you need to win something like 300-500 online games. I've heard over $1,000.
    Last edited by NightRaven77; 09-16-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    77th platinum: LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes (PS3). 86th PSN/non-platinum 100%: My Singing Monsters. NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

Lvl 5 - Silver

Back then I would say DJ Hero. You need two turn tables and at least one of those guitars from Band Hero for the plat. Stupid if you ask me

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 because of the electricity bill
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The Eye of Judgment.

It's one of only two games on PS3 that require DLC content to achieve platinum, at $10 per DLC. On top of that, you had to actually own the cards which made collecting them quite expensive in itself. Overall, including the game, I probably had $200 invested.
    What other game requires DLC to platinum? I thought it was only Eye of Judgement

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have Eye Of Judgement. In fact I own two copies of it with one still sealed. It has a Platinum? :?: I never really played it due to lack of someone to play with. If I wanted to play against the AI, I would play Duels or some old Yugioh game I beat in my youth beforehand.

I do not know about 100% with DLC, but how do you rate this when many games are rereleased with a majority or all of their DLC for nearly half their original release price?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    What other game requires DLC to platinum? I thought it was only Eye of Judgement
    I'm not sure of the exact title, but it's a Japanese game (perhaps Persona?). I used to think EoJ was the only PS3 game that required DLC for platinum, but several months back I was set straight in another thread on these forums.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

worlds biggest welch fan

I don't have one but I remember Dragon Age 1 & 2 had a bunch Of DLC when I was checking the Guides.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Game on....

Uncharted 3

Got the game used for 20

Pass 7.99

DLC 6.49 / 5.99 / 6.49 / 4.79 / 7.99

Synthwave <3

I'd have to say Black Ops and MW3. I don't remember the exact total, but it was a lot especially since we bought two copies of each game so my husband and I could play online together. I enjoy the dlc's, but they are quite expensive always at $10 or $15. I'm glad we got the Elite as it definitely helped save some money.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hello Uncharted 3 has 105 Trophies with 5 DLC each 10 $ that's worth over 100 $ if u got the game full price i have the game but still haven't played it yet but knowing that when getting the plat i'll be just over 50% completion makes me just wanting to wait a while and finish the rest of my games first !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast