Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Is anyone thinking of leaving Sony for Microsoft next generation ?

This is a discussion on Is anyone thinking of leaving Sony for Microsoft next generation ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'd wait until actual details emerge about both companies' offerings before making any kind of decision, but either way I'll ...

#cutformesa

I'd wait until actual details emerge about both companies' offerings before making any kind of decision, but either way I'll probably get both down the line. Sticking with one out of brand loyalty is ignorant, and claiming hands-down that either system is 100% better is doing yourself a disservice. One or another might be better for some folks, but they each have their strengths and desirable esclusives, and so if poeple can afford it I always tell them to get both. Best of both worlds, and really, they're both great. I love my secksbocks and I love my PS3.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Rangers F.C

I am over my little anti-Sony phase for the moment lol , was just a little pissed about Skyrim and other stuff not coming to the console , think I will still invest in the wii-U and the 720 but no doubt will get PS4 as well .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

depends on what gets released when and what is quickly coming out on it, as well as how much i have left to play. I already have a wii u on hold at the local gamestop so that I can get going soon because my vita is running low on new games that I'm in a rush to play. I'm just going to be glad if/when the new sim city comes out on the wii u so that i can move around and change taxes more easily from the second screen (don't even think about telling me about xbox glass)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Both , that way I dont have to decide.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I am over my little anti-Sony phase for the moment lol , was just a little pissed about Skyrim and other stuff not coming to the console
    Why were you upset about Skyrim?

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Why were you upset about Skyrim?
    No DLC, glitches, you know, the usual.

On topic - I've never liked most MS products. I've been happy with MY PS3 experience. I know there are a few people out there that are bent about one thing or another. However, I'm happy. Also, Nintendo hasn't appealed to me since I was a kid. From what I've seen of the Wii U, my feelings about them really hasn't changed.

All that said, I wouldn't hate on anybody who did switch or went multi-console. I personally think more than one console is a waste, but that's just my personal feelings on owning too much junk.

worlds biggest welch fan

I'll be rolling PS3 for a long tme it's my medium and when the Ps4 has been out for a year is when I'll pick one up.

But both of the systems will have similar parts.

One of my friends is an xbox fan boy X10 and says that Microsoft will take over and Playstation will be wiped out.
    I call GOLD FISH

we play what we like and haters will hate.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i've never owned an xbox so its ps4 for me, the ps3 beats the 360 in so many way there's no competition,

Angel of Death

The 720 could be better, but I'll probably be sticking to the PS4. I have both a 360 and a PS3, I just prefer Sony. My biggest problem with the PS3 is no cross-game chat. >_> It's really annoying having to send a message...

-i- love myself.

I currently have both, and will have both next gen, but I kinda prefer Sony. I have a feeling that Microsoft will integrate commercials, so when you turn on your console you have to watch a 2 min commercial.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    No DLC, glitches, you know, the usual.

On topic - I've never liked most MS products. I've been happy with MY PS3 experience. I know there are a few people out there that are bent about one thing or another. However, I'm happy. Also, Nintendo hasn't appealed to me since I was a kid. From what I've seen of the Wii U, my feelings about them really hasn't changed.

All that said, I wouldn't hate on anybody who did switch or went multi-console. I personally think more than one console is a waste, but that's just my personal feelings on owning too much junk.
    This is basically my sentiment as well. I don't care too much for M$ stuff and I don't really have the money to buy games for multiple systems rendering more than one pointless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    I currently have both, and will have both next gen, but I kinda prefer Sony. I have a feeling that Microsoft will integrate commercials, so when you turn on your console you have to watch a 2 min commercial.
    Eff that...seriously that would suck. I don't want ads or any commercials in my games

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Funny you should say that because I was reading a article to do with the 720 and it was saying it will not just be a computer for games it will be trying to focus on being a entertainment hub instead , don't actually know what that means but would think it would be better if it focused on gaming only
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    not in a million years would i jump ship after owning and loving PS1, PS2 and PS3
    I approve this message lol. I stick with Sony!

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Funny you should say that because I was reading a article to do with the 720 and it was saying it will not just be a computer for games it will be trying to focus on being a entertainment hub instead , don't actually know what that means but would think it would be better if it focused on gaming only
    I like Microsoft but the thing is, they are a billionaire company and they are still wanting to implement more and more media to a game console, it's suppose to be a GAMING console not a newspaper.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What kind of question is this? I'll be with sony forever have been since the PS1, I've owned an xbox and a 360 but sold both. I just feel the ps3 is a more solid machine with way better games.

Threat

The only reason I've ever thought about getting an Xbox is because of the Skyrim DLC, but I know that's just what they want.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

way too much effort put in to leave these plats behind !!

Lvl 7 - Gold

As of now, no. I have been a loyal Sony man since the first year of the original PlayStation, and have not purchased any non-Sony console since then (unless you count my computers, which are used primarily for things other than gaming). The now called "PSX", PSOne Slim, PS2, PS2 Slim, and PS3 Slim have all graced by entertainment stand, and the PS4 will be rotated in there when the time comes to purchase it.

There is always a chance they could do something to lose me as a loyal customer, but I don't foresee that happening. The only thing that made me consider leaving Sony was when PS2 games were no longer compatible with a new PS3 system, but I still had a working PS2 to play them in, so no real harm there.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    The only reason I've ever thought about getting an Xbox is because of the Skyrim DLC, but I know that's just what they want.
    Do you have a computer? Just get them there. The pc version is superior to both Xbox and PS3, plus you can always use your ps3 controller on the pc.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

never!! i have had all the sony consoles, from ps1 to ps3; i always been very satisfied and i've never had relevant problems with any of them, so there's no valid reason to move from sony to microsoft! always

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast