Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 183

Is anyone thinking of leaving Sony for Microsoft next generation ?

This is a discussion on Is anyone thinking of leaving Sony for Microsoft next generation ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have went between the two companies over the years , I bought the PS2 and it broke so got ...

  1. #1
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Is anyone thinking of leaving Sony for Microsoft next generation ?

    I have went between the two companies over the years , I bought the PS2 and it broke so got the Xbox and stuck with them into next gen because they launched first , then left Xbox 360 for the PS3 and until the last year and a half had been happy but now I am concerned that Microsoft is becoming the bigger player and the developers know it , next generation I am only buying one console and sticking with it and at this moment its the 720 not the PS4 what about you guys ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  2. #2
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    hell to the nah!!!!! no fucking way the 720 is going to even touch the ps4. i'm sony through and through.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  3. #3
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    hell to the nah!!!!! no fucking way the 720 is going to even touch the ps4. i'm sony through and through.
    I remember saying that about this gen
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  4. #4
    PRO Member
    annare41's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,461
    Reputation
    80

    Sony. Always.

    But, if you have to choose between the two of them, it's still way too early to make that decision


  5. #5
    R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(
    john3007's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Theatre of Dreams
    Posts
    3,015
    Reputation
    237

    I'm with Johnny on this one. I love my Ps3 and have had great times with the previous consoles. I'll definately be getting a Ps4 but not immediately.

    Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

  6. #6
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    4,528
    Reputation
    219

    I'm not worried about next gen. As I'm perfectly fine with my PS3. Just gonna kick back and wait it out because you KNOW they'll release "slimmer" versions of their new consoles anyway.




  7. #7
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I remember saying that about this gen
    and it's true about this gen. the 360 is NO WHERE near as powerful or feature packed as the ps3.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  8. #8
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    and it's true about this gen. the 360 is NO WHERE near as powerful or feature packed as the ps3.
    Yeah I would agree the PS3 is more powerful but the Xbox can play the same games and gets better treatment from game developers
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  9. #9
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    and it's true about this gen. the 360 is NO WHERE near as powerful or feature packed as the ps3.
    Exclusives-wise, the PS3 takes the lead, but multiplatform-wise, the games tend to be better or more "money-worthy" on the 360, specially when considering performance (just look at how games lik Skyrim run on the 360 and then at how they don't run on the PS3).

    Personally, I'll surely stick with Sony, but it'll depend on the games and line-ups. Either way, I know I'd buy both down the line if the chance presented itself, though, since both will offer different things that I'll probably want to check out, same with the Wii U.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  10. #10
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Moondog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    599
    Reputation
    15

    not in a million years would i jump ship after owning and loving PS1, PS2 and PS3

  11. #11
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yeah I would agree the PS3 is more powerful but the Xbox can play the same games and gets better treatment from game developers
    play the same games you say? the 360 can NOT play games like uncharted and god of war. so you're wrong in saying it plays the same games. and games that are multiplatform often come with more than one disc like LA Noire and FF XIII. so we agree the ps3 is better and more powerful. i will however give it to you that when it comes to certain things like dlc xbox gets a small leg up but they pay big bucks for that leg up. it's not just because people are like "oh let's treat the 360 people better......" no it don't happen like that. Microsoft pays for that love. and i don't mind to wait on things for the ps3 because it does everything better. so if its' that good....i'll wait.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  12. #12
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    play the same games you say? the 360 can NOT play games like uncharted and god of war. so you're wrong in saying it plays the same games. and games that are multiplatform often come with more than one disc like LA Noire and FF XIII. so we agree the ps3 is better and more powerful. i will however give it to you that when it comes to certain things like dlc xbox gets a small leg up but they pay big bucks for that leg up. it's not just because people are like "oh let's treat the 360 people better......" no it don't happen like that. Microsoft pays for that love. and i don't mind to wait on things for the ps3 because it does everything better. so if its' that good....i'll wait.
    I was not under the impression they were better friends of course they paid but I am starting to think that its a big play by Microsoft for total domination , Sony has lost a lot of money on PS3 and Vita and Microsoft have the deeper pockets , they could continue doing this next gen and I want to be able to play the best games
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  13. #13
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    I'm in Playstation for the exclusives alone, everything else is just a bonus (see free online features).

    So no.

  14. #14
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Splee009's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    619
    Reputation
    30

    i've been thinking about it. i've never had to purchase multiple consoles like I've had to with the PS3. NES, I owned ONE of them. Sega Genesis, I owned ONE of them. ETC ETC. Just speaks to me that they are crafting shit more and more to break on you and fail so you have to purchase more of them. I know XBOXs have their problems too, just saying I'm thinking of giving them a go next time 'round.



  15. #15
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I was not under the impression they were better friends of course they paid but I am starting to think that its a big play by Microsoft for total domination , Sony has lost a lot of money on PS3 and Vita and Microsoft have the deeper pockets , they could continue doing this next gen and I want to be able to play the best games
    the fact alone that ps3 has started outselling the 360 in japan where microsoft has dominated for so many years is reason enough to stick with sony and expect to get the best of the best. but at the end of the day you buy what you feel is best and i'll buy what i feel is best.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  16. #16
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    Nope, I'm sticking with Sony. As far as I'm concerned they always had better exclusives and really dominate this gen when it comes to that.

  17. #17
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I'm in Playstation for the exclusives alone, everything else is just a bonus (see free online features).

    So no.
    Many people paying for PS+ myself included so would not be a drastic change , never payed for the Xbox version does it offer free games thats the only reason I subscribe
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  18. #18
    Up the Irons!
    APriceless's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,772
    Reputation
    43

    No, that hasn't crossed my mind, at all. I am sticking with Sony.

    Toggle Spoiler


    "Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

    "You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

  19. #19
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    the fact alone that ps3 has started outselling the 360 in japan where microsoft has dominated for so many years is reason enough to stick with sony and expect to get the best of the best. but at the end of the day you buy what you feel is best and i'll buy what i feel is best.
    I have owned everything playstation has ever made if worse comes to worse I will bite the bullet and buy them both like I did this gen and make my own mind on them , I think one of the reasons is the 720 will be out first and the PS3 has not blown the Xbox out of the water the way I expected it to e.g they can still play the same games at this stage in there lifespan , I thought the Xbox would be suffering by now and it never happened and I have had a PS3 brake on me twice and they were way more cash to replace , plus my PS2 broke as well but never had anything brake from Microsoft
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  20. #20
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Many people paying for PS+ myself included so would not be a drastic change , never payed for the Xbox version does it offer free games thats the only reason I subscribe
    xbox live doesn't offer shit for free. you pay $60 a year just to play online and get no games or nothing for free. to where as you pay just $50 a year for plus and now have the instant game collection which is getting better and better and get themes and avi's for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I have owned everything playstation has ever made if worse comes to worse I will bite the bullet and buy them both like I did this gen and make my own mind on them , I think one of the reasons is the 720 will be out first and the PS3 has not blown the Xbox out of the water the way I expected it to e.g they can still play the same games at this stage in there lifespan , I thought the Xbox would be suffering by now and it never happened and I have had a PS3 brake on me twice and they were way more cash to replace , plus my PS2 broke as well but never had anything brake from Microsoft

    i had 3 xbox 360's red light on me before i bought my 1st ps3. and i'm only on my 2nd ps3 in more time than i had the 360. years longer. and in my personal opinon which means shit to most people....i feel ps3 HAS blown the 360 out of the water. things like free to play online.....ps+.......and exclusives like uncharted and god of war that the 360 is no where near as powerful to play. sure the 720 may get out of the gate first but it doesn't mean it will be the best. just look at the 360 and ps3 releases. 360 was on top for a while but once sony got their heads out of their ass they took off and blew up the competition. so i say history will repeat itself and i'm willing to wait on the better product.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO