Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PSN Friend Messaging Me About Suicide

This is a discussion on PSN Friend Messaging Me About Suicide within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by JaDversary Haha, sorry. I was typing for a few minutes actually when there was only 1 reply ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JaDversary View Post
    Haha, sorry. I was typing for a few minutes actually when there was only 1 reply posted and this thread blew up in that time that I put my post up

12 is younnnng. Wow. And he's cutting himself already? That's bad and like others have said, I'd try to forward some information to him.
    Actually, I apologize myself. I just realized I actually didn't post his age :p. Sorry
    Last edited by LogLog1919; 10-22-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Find out if there's a Kids Help Line in your / his local area. We have that in Australia. Give them a call and ask them what to do.

Or ask him to talk to his parents and tell them how he's feeling. They'll either be responsible for it, or have absolutely no idea what's going on. Again...the Kids Help Line is the best first option. Otherwise, find a free public health system support line, a depression help line or website (we have beyondblue: the national depression initiative in Oz) or someone like The Salvation Army.
    Ok I'll see what I can find.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Even still, suicide is a serious matter. Getting with an adult is the best option for him. A school teacher is even great.
    Really good advice.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Don't worry, he's young and he'll get over it. Besides if he was considering suicide, he'd likely not tell anyone (usually).
    Eh, I remember back in high school there was a crowd of selective kids who walked around with scars on their arms and wrists... attention seekers.

This kid probably doesn't have a clear view of life. He needs to talk to someone about it, or just spend time alone to think things CLEARLY through.
    We were all young and stupid once. But yeah..
    It's just a flesh wound.

Local Drunk

He could just be messing with you

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Closing this account

If I were you, I would get the police and Sony involved in the situation. They will take the matter very serious. If he is in need of help then that option is the best you can do. If he is joking then he will be in big trouble.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    He could just be messing with you
    We were video chatting and I could see him crying. He's been saying stuff about his depression ever since I first met him. It is clearly not a joke.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by LogLog1919 View Post
    We were video chatting and I could see him crying. He's been saying stuff about his depression ever since I first met him. It is clearly not a joke.

How long have you been chatting to him?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Actually, I apologies myself. I just realized I actually did'nt post his age :p. Sorry
    It's all good.

My brother and I had a talk about something like this a couple weeks ago. (I'm 25 by the way and he's 27.) He just randomly asked me one day if I ever thought about killing myself. I was surprised but I understand that type of question since life is tough, it's not easy now and I'm trying to figure out a lot of things right and sometimes I think to myself "Uggh, just drop a jet engine on me while I'm sleeping." (Donnie Darko reference) or "Just swipe me off the f***ing road". I said I've thought about death and wanting "the day to end" but I've never took any action of doing something.

He told me he actually researched ways of suicide once because he was actually depressed recently. This shocked me and at the same time made me realize how it's silly to think I'm the only one struggling with anything. I at that point never actually *researched* on how to kill myself, yet here my brother who I thought was living a much better life than me was actually reading on how there's a way to take a certain amount of pills that takes 8 hours to kill you. I was just like wow. I'm glad we actually talked about it because I wouldn't want him to do something like that if we can be there for each other.

My thoughts on blank requests, they're like "...flyers. When someone tries to hand me out a flyer it's kind of like just saying, Here, you throw this away." - Mitch Hedberg

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How long have you been chatting to him?
    A few months or so.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's all good.My brother and I had a talk about something like this a couple weeks ago. (I'm 25 by the way and he's 27.) He just randomly asked me one day if I ever thought about killing myself. I was surprised but I understand that type of question since life is tough, it's not easy now and I'm trying to figure out a lot of things right and sometimes I think to myself "Uggh, just drop a jet engine on me while I'm sleeping." (Donnie Darko reference) or "Just swipe me off the f***ing road". I said I've thought about death and wanting "the day to end" but I've never took any action of doing something.He told me he actually researched ways of suicide once because he was actually depressed recently. This shocked me and at the same time made me realize how it's silly to think I'm the only one struggling with anything. I at that point never actually *researched* on how to kill myself, yet here my brother who I thought was living a much better life than me was actually reading on how there's a way to take a certain amount of pills that takes 8 hours to kill you. I was just like wow. I'm glad we actually talked about it because I wouldn't want him to do something like that if we can be there for each other.
    Wow!, that's tough. I completely get what your saying. Someday's I've literally thought,"If I were to die today, I wouldn't really mind." On those days I tend the be more wild and less afraid of danger. Which scares me. I also have never really taken any action, but like your brother, I have researched ways to kill yourself, and I've een searched up where the best place to kill yourself would be. I think I used to be depressed, but I guess I'll never know because I didn't see a doctor. I have terrible self-esteem also. It's weird how people go about depression.

Up the Irons!

It's all good.

My brother and I had a talk about something like this a couple weeks ago. (I'm 25 by the way and he's 27.) He just randomly asked me one day if I ever thought about killing myself. I was surprised but I understand that type of question since life is tough, it's not easy now and I'm trying to figure out a lot of things right and sometimes I think to myself "Uggh, just drop a jet engine on me while I'm sleeping." (Donnie Darko reference) or "Just swipe me off the f***ing road". I said I've thought about death and wanting "the day to end" but I've never took any action of doing something.
    Yeah, I have those days, too. I simply just don't mind if I die...

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Local Drunk

A few months or so.
    I see

Hopefully you can convince him to talk to his folks or someone that can help him then.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I see Hopefully you can convince him to talk to his folks or someone that can help him then.
    Yea, I'll get on and try tomorrow.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hey, so. Instead of talking about it, How about someone actually do something?

Take your pick~
    Contact Options

https://us.playstation.com/uwps/PSNT...GenericServlet

Either one would work.

5150 (Involuntary psychiatric hold) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Results may vary, but, If survival is the only priority then there you go. Either stab them with shit like this, Or just talk to them about it and let them live an agonizing day by day life of deciding to pull the trigger or not.

Good luck!

Resident Deadhead

what a depressing ass thread...
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 9 - Gold

I wouldn't believe everything that people say online. Some people do it just to mess with you and f**k you up. These people are sick. I would just ignore it as there isn't anything you can do if he is serious but I doubt that he is.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I wouldn't believe everything that people say online. Some people do it just to mess with you and f**k you up. These people are sick. I would just ignore it as there isn't anything you can do if he is serious but I doubt that he is.
    I would be pissed if that were true. Do people really have nothing better to do? That would be nuts if it were.

I wouldn't say to completely invest your time and energy into making sure this kid gets help, but I wouldn't ignore it. Not because "Oh I just couldn't live with myself if I saw that he was no longer signing back online, the humanity!" but it seems like the right thing to do and I like to help others see the value in themselves. It makes me feel better to know I made someone else feel better about themselves.

I've had to deal with a suicidal kid on a forum for a while. He was mostly depressed about his luck with women (obsessed with losing his virginity like you wouldn't believe) and eventually after a certain point of time we (a few other online friends) and I decided to leave his depressing posts alone so that he could get the picture. He eventually sought out help and ironically, got a girlfriend about a year later that he's been with for I'd say... 3 years? Not too shabby. Ha, my luck with women was terrible at the time too and I wasn't making posts about hanging myself, pfft.

My thoughts on blank requests, they're like "...flyers. When someone tries to hand me out a flyer it's kind of like just saying, Here, you throw this away." - Mitch Hedberg

PRO Member

The kid may not be an attention seeker, he probably just needs someone to talk to.

I agree that it is easier to open up online than in real life, but maybe, Log, you're actually helping him out by speaking with him.

I know he's not your responsibility and some people say to cut him off, but (Heaven forbid) something should happen, eventhough it was never your fault, you may still have it on your conscience.

Seek professional help, as everyone has said above, but help him out...like I said he may just need someone to talk to. You shouldn't classify him as an "attention seeker"

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

not to be insensitive, but those who realy want to kill themselves just do it without warning
    the fact he keeps announcing it means hes scared to do it and most likely not go thru with it (just a probability)
    he honestly needs real friends in real life, but at 12 years old kids are overly dramatic
    if he was older i would have said a girlfriend would change his views but oh well

but professional help would do him best but its up to him to want it
    its outta your hands
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast