Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23

This is a discussion on PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by stupid0089 Not sure if anyone else is experiencing extreme lag in the XMB and messaging menus but ...

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by stupid0089 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing extreme lag in the XMB and messaging menus but I most definitely am!!! Not happy
    I noticed it while I was playing Borderlands 2, so you're not alone!

Gothams Silent Protector

I honestly hate this update. This just made trophies, instead of being something to be happy that you achieved in a game whether online or offline, into an online based entity. Before you didnt need an account or PSN to check your trophies and what not, now you do.

I hate that it moved it from Game to PS Network and that now it says PS3 under all my games because of the Vita trophies. I dont own a Vita nor will I so there once again pointless update to me.

That and my PSN card in the top corner makes it look so crammed in. The list in general now looks so crammed and over bearing.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post
    I honestly hate this update. This just made trophies, instead of being something to be happy that you achieved in a game whether online or offline, into an online based entity. Before you didnt need an account or PSN to check your trophies and what not, now you do.
    You can press on Trophy Collection > Switch Modes > Offline
    I'm not sure if that's helpful or not

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post

I hate that it moved it from Game to PS Network and that now it says PS3 under all my games because of the Vita trophies. I dont own a Vita nor will I so there once again pointless update to me.

That and my PSN card in the top corner makes it look so crammed in. The list in general now looks so crammed and over bearing.
    You don't need a PSN to check your trophies at all.

You can switch to "offline" trophy collection and the percentage box and the little ps3 tabs are gone.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Gothams Silent Protector

They really should of just left it a lone in all honesty. Loading it now is super slow and lags my ps3 when opening and closing them.

If anything the update should of been giving us the option to remove games with 0% off our game/trophy lists.

MK Plat = Overrated

I could care less about this update. They didn't make the XMB run any faster, therefore, the update was just a 10 minute inconvenience. No biggie. Hopefully, they'll work on making the XMB faster with the next update.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    I could care less about this update. They didn't make the XMB run any faster, therefore, the update was just a 10 minute inconvenience. No biggie. Hopefully, they'll work on making the XMB faster with the next update.
    My thoughts exactly.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't get the whole Online/offline mode trophy stuff. If you have a Vita it's great that you can finally see it on your profile but when you switch to offline mode it takes the Vita trophies away. What's the point in that really if it's all one account? Also I don't see the point in changing the location of the trophy collection. It feels very odd over there lol Also sometimes when I look at a trophy list my xmb freezes for about 15-20 seconds. Not so happy with this update either.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've noticed a few slow moments when I'm loading up my list of trophies but over all I'm pretty happy with the update. Of course the main reason is because I am a Vita owner and not having my trophies displayed for my ps3 friends was always a little disappointing.

Kid, not loser

I seriously don't get the problem here. So what that the trophies are in the PS section now, like it's all that radical of a change. For me it's faster checking and loading the trophies now too, so it's better for me. I say just give it time, and it will be faster, just like it is for me now. I on the other hand at the moment and unable to check my trophy card, but that should be resolved soon.

Also, either way you say about the 0%, even if your friends or family got onto them, it's your fault they're at 0%, not Sony's. Also, trophy percentages help keep track of games for devs to see who played how much and what, so deleting them makes it worse for them to improve upon things. I believe if you delete it, it will probably delete the stats for them as well.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

I hate the new update but for far better reasons the new update ruined my system and after how the sony staff treated me on the phone about how it could not have happened this dr may just give up on the hunt.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Ha... hah-aha... oh that's funny... I have singstar on my XMB now?

and I can't even delete it?...

Toggle Spoiler

Was it seriously, that, fucking, hard, to add this shit to the store? so anyone who was legitimately interested in it could just download it themselves?
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 7 - Gold

I was experiencing some serious pauses and lags last night too and I haven't even updated yet. I hate all these updates honestly. Im convinced a lot, if not all of them have the potential to brick your system. And that Sony may even want it that way. If every update they release tanks even a small % of systems, then those people are out replacing them or paying Sony to repair them.

Banned

I never got an update or I'm I not qualify to get the update.

PRO Member

I don't mind them moving the trophies. Minor detail. But I did experience a lot of lag with my friends and trophy list loading. I wasn't sure if it was just an initial thing or if it's a problem with the update.

PRO Member

Other than viewing Vita trophies (online only), I'm not liking the new trophy view.

It seems quite a bit laggier than the old way although I wonder on how big of a difference it is between a person with 100 and a person with 5000. Of course the 5000 would take longer but how much is what I wonder.

Thankfully I can still do a "Sort By" so I can have it set to show me the last game I got a trophy in and go offline to check them.

PPS bar made byRaveNScythE18
    Sig and Avy made by Bladia

PRO Member

I still haven't received the option for the update...hmmm

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

ok, i don't see the problem. even with the update everything runs perfectly normal. trophies load normally, trophies sync the same, well that's just me...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    I still haven't received the option for the update...hmmm
    Have you tried to check for the update manually? I was signed in so was not prompted to update. I checked under system settings/software update and it was there.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just downloaded the update and this will take some getting used to after all this time. I still don't get the point in moving it to Playstation Network section and what's the point in this online and offline mode.

Also why has Singstar appeared under game. I have no intention of playing Singstar

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast